Chapter 3
434 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With four thousand points in my hand, I start to think about the item or something I can buy in the [Shop]. However, first thing first, I need to open up the Beginner gift. I open the [Inventory] and see the gift in one of the slots.

There are two ways to access the [Inventory]. The first one is by thinking it really hard. You can take out and put in items using this method. The other one is using the smartphone in your hand. If you use your smartphone, it will look like an inventory, just like in the game.

There are ten by ten grids at the moment that I can click to take out and open up the item inside.

|Opening Beginner Gift… Congratulations! You get Onmyōdō Proficiency! [UR]|

Onmyōdō? What?

"ARGH!"

Bloody hell! My head! My head hurts! I can feel it. I can feel the knowledge of how to use Onmyōdō. It was a lot of knowledge because Onmyōdō did not only know about one thing. It was a collection of knowledge.

And all of that knowledge cramped inside my brain.

I slowly get up from the ground and sit on my bed. That hurts as hell. Urgh.

I shake my head and look at my hand. The knowledge is good and all, but it was useless for the current me. I did not have any mana core inside of me or a body that could manipulate mana around me.

I open up the [Shop] and quickly search for mana core or any physic that lets me use mana around me. Finally, after searching for it for a few seconds, I found it.

|Mana Core Seed| [R]

|Mana core seed that lets anyone without magic be able to use magic. This seed will grow into a mature mana core with time or training.|

|Cost: 4000 Points| |Buy?: Y/N|

The shop has a tier to separate the quality of the goods. There are seven tiers: N -> R -> SR -> SSR -> UR -> LR -> GR.

The higher the tier, the more expensive the item. Mana Core Seed is a borderline SR item because there are only a couple more R-rated items that are more expensive than this one.

I press the Y button and feel a warm feeling spread throughout my body. It did not hurt and was rather comfortable. It lasts for a minute before slowly disappearing a couple of seconds later.

With my previous gift, I know how to control the mana inside of me and create a pentagram using my mana. A second later, a small flame appeared on top of the mana. I can use magic, and it feels great.

I wonder if Harry also gets the gift from the system. I should ask him.

=||=

The Administrator: "Harry, how are you?"

Boy-Who-Lived: "I'm fine, sir Jeremy!"

The Administrator: "That's good. I want to ask if you already opened up the gift inside your inventory or not."

Boy-Who-Lived: "Can I?"

The Administrator: "Of course! It was a gift after all. However, I need to warn you that there is a chance that you will experience pain in your head when you open it."

Boy-Who-Lived: "I don't mind pain! I'm already used to it."

=||=

I sigh a little when I see that. Just what kind of experience does Harry get when he is inside his aunt's house? I sigh once more and type something.

=||=

The Administrator: "I see. Anyway, open it and tell me what you get, okay?"

Boy-Who-Lived: "En. I will."

The Administrator: "Good boy."

=||=

I wonder what he will get. Will he get knowledge about magic? Will he get an item that will help him later? I'm excited for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Harry Potter - Boy Who Lived |

I press the gift given to me by mister Jeremy and feel a slight pain inside my head. I don't know where it was coming from, but I know how to use something called Shikigami. When the pain is gone, I take out the 'smartphone' and see what it is.

|Congratulations! You get Shikigami Proficiency [SR]|

|Do you want to share your new power?| |Y/N|

I smile and press the Y button.

I have magic! I have something special that the Dursley did not have. I'm special. I'm not a freak, just like mister Jeremy says. I'm special.

I wipe away the tear from my eyes when I see mister Jeremy say something.

=||=

The Administrator: "Oh! Shikigami! It was a great power to have, Harry."

Boy-Who-Lived: "Thank you, mister Jeremy. Thank you for the gift."

The Administrator: "I'm not the one giving you the gift, kid."

=||=

I smile a little when he says that. Mister Jeremy is always so humble and kind. He always says that he is not the one giving me this power. He is just that humble, and I want to be like him.

=||=

The Administrator: "Anyway, you should test it, Harry. Remember not to summon a large Shikigami, okay? Summon something small first before you try to summon something big."

Boy-Who-Lived: "En! I will"

The Administrator: "Good boy. You can buy some blank ofuda in the [Shop] for a couple of points."

=||=

I quickly open up the [Shop] and search for the blank sofa, brush and ink. Unfortunately, my bedroom did not have much light, but I could still draw the magic symbol on the paper. After a few seconds, I finish drawing the magic formula for summoning my first creature.

I drew a pentagram on the ground and placed the ofuda in the middle of the pentagram.

"Come to me and serve me, Kanko!"

The Pentagram shines a little for a few seconds and disappears when a fox appears in front of me. It was a white fox with a symbol around its body. This is Kanko, a spirit fox that brings prosperity to its master.

"I have come to the summoner."

I smile a little when I hear a girl's voice inside my head.

"My name is Harry Potter and I want to make a contract with you, O noble Spirit."

"Then give me your blood, and let me judge if you are worthy of my service."

I nod my head and bite my finger really hard. When it was bleeding, I let Kanko lick my wound. I can see she shine a little for a few seconds before the light disappears.

"Oh, you poor child. This Kanko will accompany you, my master. I shall bring prosperity and luck into your being and curse anyone who dares to hurt you."

I can feel a connection between Kanko and me. I smile a little and hug her tightly.

"Then I shall name you, Lily. That was my mother's name from what mister Jeremy said, and thank you for accepting my summon. I always want a friend."

"Oh, my poor master. Don't worry, my master. I shall accompany you till the end of time, this I promise. I also accept the name given to me and shall wear it proudly."

"Thank you."

Kanko let me hug her the entire night; it was the first time in my life that I slept without worry.

20