Chapter 8
395 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, how do you learn how to summon Shikigami? You are not half Japanese, are you?"

I shake my head and say.

"I'm not half Japanese, no."

"Then, how? Every magical faction will not give their magic for free, you know?"

"Who knows"

I can see her pout at my answer and keep looking at Midori with interest.

"Why do you ask? You want to summon a spirit of your own?"

"Of course! Do you know how many benevolent spirits there are? Almost none! Most Dukun use spirits they summon to do some nefarious thing! I already exercised ten evil spirits this week alone!"

"That many? Are you alone in this job?"

"Alone? No. There are a lot of other Dukuns in this area. However, I'm the only one in this area doing the dirty job. Too many Dukun take the easy job of selling a good luck charm and as a giver of unlucky for the one who pays them."

"Really? Only you who is doing all the work?"

"There are other Dukuns but not many. We take too many requests and so little time."

"What kind of job are you doing? And is it paid well?"

"Well, we have a headquarters hidden in the middle of the city where we monitor if there is a spike in the spiritual nature around the city. When we notice it, we will go there and investigate it. If it was an evil spirit we would exorcize it. If it was a rogue Dukun, we will ask what he is doing and if he has a permit to do a ritual in the area."

"You need a permit to do a ritual?"

"A big ritual that can cause a disturbance in the city's spiritual energy, yes. Something like summoning a powerful evil spirit or sacrificing something to enchant your body."

"I see."

"Yup! As for the pay, well it lets me buy a good size house and plenty of savings. What? Are you interested? Here is my number if you want to join."

I take the card and see a number on it.

"Rika, huh?"

"Yup, that's me. What's yours?"

"Jeremy."

"Then Jeremey, call me if you are interested in working for us. While I cannot tell you about the money I got from the job, I can tell you that it was a lot. Not only that, you will also get a lot of benefits from our group."

I nod my head and put the card inside my pocket.

"I will think about it."

"Great! Anyway, I must go. I need to meet someone in… fifteen minutes. See you and don't forget to call that number, okay?"

I see Rika walk from my table with her ice cream. What a weird woman.

"What do you think, Midori? Is she a good person?"

"Midori thinks that she is a good person. She did not have an evil intention."

"I see."

Should I join… Nah. I don't want to be tied to an organization. However, it is good to have a connection. Maybe I can ask her if they are willing to accept a freelancer. That is an option I am willing to take.

Not tied but have a connection to the local Magic Cabal.

After finishing the ice cream, I take a taxi to get back home. While in the taxi, my phone vibrated, and it was from the group chat.

=||=

Boy-Who-Lived: "Mister Jeremy"

The Administrator: "What is it Harry?"

Boy-Who-Lived: "Are you busy?"

The Administrator: "No. Not really. What's up?"

Boy-Who-Lived: "I want to ask if you are still willing to teach me how to use Onmyoudou."

=||=

Right. I just remembered that I told Harry I would teach him about an Onmyoudou this afternoon.

=||=

The Administrator: "Right! I forgot about our lesson. Don't worry, I will teach you, Harry. Just wait for an hour, okay? I'm currently outside and can't teach you."

Boy-Who-Lived: "Of course, mister Jeremy! I will wait."

The Administrator: "Good boy."

=||=

Well, it looks like I will spend the rest of the week helping Harry with his Onmyoudou study. In seven days, he will receive a letter from Hogwarts and start his study at the wizarding school. Damn, I also need to tell him about that, huh?

"Are you worried, master?"

"Worried? No. I know that Harry will do just fine in Hogwarts. However, I'm worried about the challenge he will go through."

"What challenge?"

"If it was not for the prophecy, Harry would do just fine in Hogwarts but because of a prophecy his life will be full of challenges."

"Prophecy! The challenge from the gods! Then he needs to ask the gods for protection! He needs to ask for their guidance."

"I guess you are right. Unfortunately, that means I need to teach him a lot of things before his school day starts."

I also need to remove that pest on his forehead. I already have a few cleansing rituals that I can use to purify his body from the pest. I open up the [Shop] and search for a way to go to Harry's world and go back home.

After searching for a few seconds, I found it.

=||=

[Fairy Wand (Single Use)] [Rank: R]

|A wand that opens up a Fairy Corridor that connects two worlds. The user can walk through the corridor to the other world. However, if the user does not specify where you want to go, it will take you to the land of the Fairy or a random world. It can be used to go to other members' worlds.|

{Price: 1000 points}

=||=

This is perfect, but the price is a bit much. Lucky for me, I can get it in five days from my daily mission alone. I can use this to go to Harry's world and back here. Sadly, it did not mention if my world's time will be stopped, so I assume it will not.

Dammit. That means I need to push my schedule for my journey forward. Lucky for me, I don't need a visa to visit Singapore from Indonesia. Man, what a busy week.

~Three days later~

I take a deep breath and look at the city in front of me. I just arrived at Singapore Changi Airport. After saying goodbye to my parents, it takes two hours to fly to Singapore. I take a deep breath and walk out of the airport, where I can see a man holding a piece of paper with my name on it.

"Jeremy Revaldi Siregar?"

"That's me."

"Can I see your passport? Just to make sure."

"Of course."

I show him my passport and see him read it for a second before giving them back.

"Thank you. Please follow me this way. Ah, also let me take your bag."

The man takes me to the hotel, and after checking in, I get to my room, where I open up my phone. I quickly go to the video call and call Harry.

"Good afternoon, Harry."

"Good afternoon, Mister Jeremy."

"Where did we stop last time?"

"The Five Harmonious Elements!"

"Ah, that's right. There are different types of Five Elements. The first one I will teach you is Wu Xing. It was a five-element encompassing five universe phases in Chinese magic. Remember this rhythm, okay? Metal enriches Water, Water nurtures Wood, Wood feeds Fire, Fire dries Earth, Earth refines Metal."

I can see Harry taking notes and nodding his head. I spent the first day in Singapore teaching Harry the basics of Onmyoudou.

14