Waking Up
165 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ugh, dammit" I muttered as I woke up, in Asta's body with severe pain at the back of my head. Just as I was planning on relaxing a little a voice shouted nearby.

"Sister, sister, Asta is awake" if my guess was correct that was Recca. My memories were still not perfect but I had a general idea of things.

I opened my eyes as I found myself in a room, with sunlight streaming in from the windows. I sat up looking at the wooden room and the bed where I was sleeping. As far as I remember this wasn't the bed Asta/I used.

Dammit, I still can't get over this whole reincarnation thing.

A young nun entered the room in a hurry, which I take as sister Lily. Honestly, she does not look half bad, I get why Asta would chase after her, but I think it's better not to go after her.

"How are you feeling Asta?" Sister touched my forehead as she asked in a concerned voice.

"Nothing Sister, I am fine just some pain at the back of the head nothing else," I replied smiling weakly, best start acting myself now, rather than the way Asta usually acts so that they can attribute my behaviour to the accident.

Sister Lily looked at me with concern but didn't say anything about my behaviour, I think I behaved a little too off, from what Asta would have behaved like.

"Rest for now, I will bring you your lunch" Sister Lily said as she went back outside.

hooo, I breathed easy as I got out of the bed, stumbling a little. Guess I need some time getting used to the body.

I must say Asta really trained like hell, as I could feel the powerful muscles and the sturdy build.

Walking around a little I soon got used to the feeling of this body and now it almost felt natural.

Sister Lily came back with the food only to see me walking around. I stopped as I looked at her only to find her glaring at me.

"I think I told you to rest, didn't I?"

"Hey now, Sister listen here. I am fine, see I can walk around quite....."

"Get back In bed," Sister spoke in a stern voice, best I don't piss her off. I made my way back into bed as Sister put the tray in front of me.

"Now let's see, first it was drowning in water, to try and activate your magic, next inhaled a lot of smoke for fire magic, and now you jumped off a tree to try and activate your wind magic. What am I supposed to do with you?" Sister lily spoke up as I took a bite of the porridge.

I think I already knew from the muscles but Asta seriously goes to the extremes to achieve something.

"Uhh...Sorry" I apologized looking away, because of the stupidity for which I was apologizing.

Now that I have Asta's memories I get why he was desperate to gain Magic but he could have gotten himself killed.

"Alright as your punishment, you can't go to the skull anymore. and you can't go out of the compound after lunch unless necessary." Sister Lily said looking at me.

"Wait wait wait... Sister, I will be back before lunch but please just let me go to the skull to train." I spoke up because that place was really good and isolated from the others in the village meaning I could actually train without anyone looking, mostly for the introvert in me.  

"Hmmm, You promise to get back before Lunch?" Sister Lily asked looking at me. I vigorously nodded my head as Sister Lily sighed.

"Alright, I hope that I don't regret it," she spoke looking at me. I smiled back and continued eating I was actually hungry by now.

*************************************************************************************************

It wasn't long afterwards that I could leave the room that I realized belonged to Father Orsi. Standing outside the church I could see Recca and Aruru Playing under the tree while Yuno was drying the clothes using his magic. Nash was nowhere in sight as I went near them.

Recca spotted me first as she ran towards me giving me a hug, Aruru followed suit.

"Hey it's fine, I am alright now," I replied rubbing their heads as they looked like they were about to cry. Yuno looked towards me then looked away almost immediately. Yeah acting cold as ever.

"Where's Father?" I asked since I didn't see him around.

"Oh, he went out with Nash, to get something. They will be back soon." Recca replied trying to see if they were coming back.

Well, from my memories I knew it would be better if Nash kept away from me because I would surely hit him if he was as irritating as he was in the past.

I had nothing to do so I just did what Asta would have done previously, chopping wood. Grabbing the axe I started chopping wood while time slowly started passing soon I had done the chopping and was sitting by the fence looking at the giant skull as it cast a huge shadow on the village due to the setting sun.

I saw Father Orsi fly in on the broom with Nash behind him holding some packets. I approached them since I was going to back inside soon.

"Ahh Asta you are awake now, "Father Orsi said trying to give me a hug which I dodged.

"Father I have got out of bed a few hours ago please restrain yourself," I said stepping back a little.

I think they could tell the change in my behaviour as he nodded but looked a little down.

"Anyway it's good that you are awake now, don't go around doing dangerous stuff like that." Father Orsi said as I nodded in reply. It was natural for him to be worried about me.

"Don't worry I won't" I replied seemingly satisfied Father while Nash humphed away.

"Nash help me with dinner" Sister Lily's voice came from inside as Nash went in without saying a word.

I looked around as the Sun finally set and dinner was ready.

I didn't speak much during dinner so I guess it wasn't lively as always, but hey I had a lot on my mind right now especially about what to do next.

Asta's training was impractical in the long run as he continued doing the same thing until he collapsed, now I am no trainer but that seemed a little destructive. But the only other training method I could think of was from the caped Baldy and his Highness, the Monarch.

And when in doubt follow the Monarch.

So my regular workout changed to-

100 push-up

100 sit-up

100 squats

10 Km run. (6.2 miles)

Of course, this was less than what Asta did but this was far more balanced than doing a thousand push-ups, then being literally out of breath and collapsing before doing a thousand sit-ups and barely having time for running from the church to the skull.

After dinner, I did the dishes while Sister cleared the table.

"So I am guessing that you go back to your training tomorrow."Sister Lily asked while bringing the dishes,

"Yeah pretty much, though I might tone it down a little" I replied, no point in hiding stuff from her.

"Don't push yourself too much," Sister replied as she dropped off another set of dishes to wash.

Her words were quite contradictory from her conduct just now.

"Don't give me that look you will be suffering for quite some time because of your actions." Sister Lily said looking at me. And here I was thinking why she wasn't helping me with her water magic.

I sighed as I continued washing the dishes.

9