Start and Training
164 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--1 month Later--

After four weeks, I can finally say that I have fully combined with Asta's memories.

As for my training, I already have the basic idea that I will have swords and Anti-magic so I have decided to work extra towards agility and endurance, though I am still going for all-around development.

I leaning against the huge stone at one corner of the training grounds, or the skull as most people call it, I had just finished my 10K run and now I had to focus on speed since I would be needing that.

I had made a sword out of timber but I am not exactly a craftsman so it was all unbalanced but I still practised swinging with it.

In order to get used to it. Mostly I was copying the anime fight that I had seen Mostly from Berserk and Sword of the stranger.

Mostly I am using whatever I can remember Jumping slashing getting used to holding a weapon. I still haven't hunted any beasts, as I need a weapon for that.

Though I can always use the axe back at the church, I don't think Sister Lily would appreciate me using the axe to actively hunt.

Moreover, since most people use magic to fight nobody really uses forged weapons, so even the blacksmith in the village is charging a high amount for making me a blade.

I had to start doing some odd jobs to get enough money for the blade.

I grabbed the blade that I crafted as I started the slashes going for practicality shadow battling in my head.

At first, I had tried shadow battling against Guts, but even in my imagination, I was obliterated so I toned it down a little and used an imaginary dummy using the sword moves that I remember.

Soon I was out of breath and the shadow had already killed me. I put my sword down as I took in deep breaths starting my sprints, to increase my speed.

Running in full sprint jumping over fallen logs, running around trees reaching my target a little faster than yesterday.

I could feel my speed increase due to the training but I would be dead tired by the time I finished with my workout.

But then I had to do those odd jobs to earn the money.

I rested there recovering before going back to the village. Strolling back to the Village, carrying a big stack of firewood I had collected.

I stopped by the old baker's shop as he would pay me for bringing him wood and helping out at the store.

"Hey old man Here is your firewood, anything else you want, I will come after taking a bath," I said loudly as the old man peeked out from the kitchen behind the counter.

"Yeah, I need some sacks to be brought out of the storage." He replied as I was leaving.

"Alright I will be back, wait a bit," I replied and went back to the church quickly taking a bath and going back. I crossed Yuno on my way out he too had started taking up jobs mostly delivering letters and stuff, as he could fly a broom.

But I barely paid attention to it as I went on, sure I did care about his well being and considered him a close friend since I had Asta's memories but if he wanted to behave like emo, two could play that game.

In about a few months I think I will have enough money for a weapon.

*************************************************************************************************

--Asta age fifteen--

I woke up under the familiar ceiling sitting up yawning, as sunlight streamed through the windows.

The last three years of my life had been good of course I had to work hard in order to get stronger but I had to admit, that this world was much nicer to live in compared to my previous one.

I did miss my previous life, I don't know about Mom being happy with my Isekai but if she knew I was happy then she wouldn't worry much, as for dad and my friends, I think I don't need to elaborate.

Shaking my head, getting it back to the present. I finally thought about how important today was.

I had finally turned fifteen now I could get a grimoire and my system.

I saw Yuno and others still sleeping.

I went out to finish my morning chores before finally entering the kitchen. Where Sister Lily was cooking the breakfast.

"Oh Asta you are up, I see. Help with the table would you" she said as I picked up the plates and started laying the table, and other stuff.

Yuno also came in just as I had finished setting the table, "Morning" I said as Yuno just nodded.

I just shook my head as Sister came in and looked at Yuno.

"Eat up I made your favourites today," She said placing the dishes on the table. The others weren't too late and we sat down together.

Father was crying all over saying how Yuno was the hope of the church while saying a few encouraging words to me.

I didn't say much I was already used to it. We finished our breakfast. We still had time until the ceremony which would start around three, so I went out for a stroll.

The village had gotten more lively since a few days ago as many people from surrounding smaller villages had come here to take part in the ceremony.

For the locals it was almost like a small fair, I walked through as the food stalls that had been set up were starting to serve the people.

Most of them were fifteen like me, coming here for their grimoire. They even had a lot of hope in becoming a magic knight to improve their lives but the sad truth was that very few of them could become magic knights, most of them, who dreamed about this would either become village guards or some noble's lackey.

There might be an option where they might open a shop or something. As I walked past the bakery I looked at the old man who had got himself a helping hand for the fair.

"Oi old man, how's business?" I asked as a courtesy to my former employer.

"it's been good, though I guess I am getting too old for the work now." the old man replied as he sat down on the stool behind. "So you will be going to the ceremony?" he asked looking at me.

I smiled, and nodded, "don't worry about it old man I will be fine" I mean, I should get the system anytime now.

Just as I was thinking this a reddish window popped up in front of me.

{System Online}

Great, this is gonna be fun.

I thought as I smiled broadly while the old man gave me a weird look, probably because I had a creepy smile on my face.

6