Chapter 5 : Getting My Grimoire
150 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the new screen in front of me as the text changed.

{System Incomplete...

Please proceed to the grimoire Tower to complete the system}

I read the new text and sighed of course they would not give me the full system.

The old man sitting in front of me waved his hand in front of my face breaking me out of my thoughts. "Don't smile like that you are scaring the customers away." He grumbled, as I looked around and saw a couple of people giving me weird looks.

"Alright old man, I will leave. But make the cake I will collect it in the evening." I said as I placed the payment on the counter and walked off.

"Which one Brat?"

"You choose" I replied as I proceeded out to buy a fried fish on the stroll through the market. I swear I felt the curses from the old man even if I was quite far away.

After strolling around for quite some time I moved to the church again since we will all be going to the grimoire tower together.

I reached back Just as Yuno and the others were setting the table.

I waited as the food was finally brought out and we could eat.

"So Asta what will be your Magic?" Recca asked as I looked at her then at Nash, who was concentrating intensely on his food. Surely this was his plan.

"I don't know, we will find out at the Tower won't we" I replied, as I saw Nash look up and our eyes met, and I raised an eyebrow making him quickly look back to his food.

Father Orsi was doting on Yuno like always before it was finally time to leave.

"Asta...don't get too worried alright." Sister Lily said pulling me aside as I placed the dishes in the kitchen.

"Don't worry about it," I said waving it off, honestly these looks of pity were starting to get annoying. I know they mean good but there has to be a limit.

We leave as many people also start moving towards the tower.

************************************************************************************************

"Asta, Yuno we reached the tower," Aruru said excitedly as she ran upfront, while Recca followed behind her.

Honestly, I wasn't actually expecting these many people here, as I looked at the crowd heading for the tower.

Entering the huge ground floor as the wall were lined with grimoires.

Both Yuno and I moved to the centre while the others that had come with the participants stood at the edges.

Many people were shuffling nervously as the tower master came flying down on a magic carpet.

"Welcome to the acceptance ceremony" a loud voice echoed through the tower as the carpet landed on the podium.

"Without further adieu let's begin." He said this as a slight tremor passed through the tower.

the grimoires started flying out of the shelves and flew around as they descended. Soon the people around started getting their grimoires. I stood there as a new screen popped up.

{System Integration Initializing........}.

I saw this then the commotion around Yuno caught my eye as a shining grimoire descended, and floated in front of him. even without looking closely I could tell that it was special. It was shinning way brighter than the other grimoires.

"That's a four-leaf! How could he get that?" I heard someone say as Yuno accepted the grimoire as the people started whispering among themselves when suddenly the surroundings turned cold and the lights dimmed out a little.

{Integration started...2%.......10%.......25%...}

I read this and looked up, a grimoire started descending, it looked withered, surrounded by a reddish-black hue.

everyone turned silent as it descended.

That's right come to papa.

{75%....89%....98%...100%. Integration complete. Congratulations}

I read this as the grimoire floated to a stop in front of me.

I could see the light from the surrounding grimoire fade a little as they shrunk away while Yuno's four-leaf started to glow even brighter fighting against the darkness of my grimoire.

I reached out and touched it, as I felt a slight tug near my heart, the reddish aura disappeared and the surroundings returned to normal.

everybody was looking at me, mostly because of the grimoire and second as none of them expected me who was born without magic to obtain a grimoire.

Nobody spoke up as they continued to stare at me.

The tower master decided to intervene now.

"Alright, I hope everybody here who has obtained a grimoire will use it to help their kingdom and loved ones. With this, I declare this ceremony concluded." He spoke up as the rest of the grimoires, flew back into their slots.

Just as this happened the hall became lively again as I made my way back to the others along with Yuno.

"Asta whats your grimoire like?" Recca asked staring at the grimoire.

I was quite surprised at her, I had thought after the darkness and oppressive feeling of the grimoire others would be a little distant from me but that didn't seem to be the case, of course, people were staring at me curiously but they weren't scared or alert against me.

"Well, I still need to figure it out." I lied since I didn't want everyone to know my abilities.

"Oh" She didn't ask anything after that as Yuno also arrived, they surrounded him looking at his four-leaf grimoire. But he too didn't elaborate much about his grimoire we were just going to leave when the tower master appeared behind us. Fuck I didn't even feel him.

"Sorry, Orsi could I borrow these two for a while?" he asked but it felt more of an order.

"Yes of course," Father Orsi answered quickly, "We will wait for you at the church." He said to us and started leaving.

Sister Lily and the rest were a little hesitant but didn't question father and followed behind him leaving us with the tower master.

"Let's have a talk at my office shall we." The tower master said. As the flying carpet descended.

I looked at Yuno who too was tense, but we weren't in a position to refuse.

I stepped on the Carpet as Yuno followed and the carpet ascended.

I looked at the tower master's back.

I knew I had my guard down, but this guy had appeared without me realising it.

I looked at Yuno, who was looking at me. A certain understanding passed between us. The man in front of us was strong. How strong we didn't have the slightest idea.

"Don't think too much about it. I already have a leg in the grave." The tower master said sensing our gaze.

I was half embarrassed by that but then again this old guy was strong.

7