Chapter 6: Vs Revchi
139 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So what are your plans going forward?" The tower master asked sitting on his chair.

I stared at him, not sure what I want to say.

"I want to be the wizard King" Yuno replied without waiting.

The Tower Master nodded then looked at me, I sighed "Same" I replied, then glace at Yuno who was staring at me for some reason.

The tower Master looked at us as he was thinking something then strolled looking I saw his eyes narrow a little as he turned towards me.

"Alright, Yuno can leave, Asta stay there is something peculiar about your grimoire." the tower master said looking at me. As Yuno looked at me, I nodded as he left.

we kept standing looking at each other in silence making for the other to make a move.

"Kid why don't we cut to the chase what's your power?" the tower master looked at me, I felt a little irritated.

"And why did you send Yuno out to test his powers?" I replied looking at him.

silence prevailed as both of us looked at each other, "You really don't trust people easily do you?"

"It's for the better."

the tower master sighed as he glanced out of the window and said, "you should leave, Revchi is there" the old man said turning away.

I wanted to ask some questions but Yuno might be getting his ass handed to him. I opened the system.

{

Name: Asta

STR: 25

Agi: 20

INT: 30

SEN: 5

AMP: 10

Shop

Inventory(!)

Quest(!)

}

The interface opened up as my stats and other things came into view. My sense was the lowest with a meagre five, moreover, there wasn't even a level what the hell.

there was an exclamation mark against the inventory section and the quest section, I clicked on it while running down.

{

Starter Pack x 1

}

{

Quest: defeat Revchi

Rewards:

SEN +1, skill: Anti-magic flow

}

great, at least this is good.

I was hoping for a weapon or skill in the starter pack since I did not bring my sword with me and now I might have to fight someone and if I am correct it should be the introduction fight in the story.

I clicked on the starter pack just as I reached the ground floor, Yuno must have flown down or something because I had not spent much time with the tower master.

The starter pack changed as three slots became occupied.

{

Demon slayer (legendary)

Combat dress x 1

Body enhancer vial x 1

}

I looked at this just as I reached outside seeing Yuno tied up with chains with a man with greasy hair saying something to him.

I didn't have much time as I clicked on the demon slayer as the grimoire flew up in front of me, opening up to the first page and a hilt sticking out of it. I grabbed it without hesitation. Pulling the big ass sword out, I dashed full speed jumping up, maybe a little too high.

I looked at the sword as a small screen popped up next to it.

{

Demon slayer.

Boost User strength and agility in regards to AMP.

invulnerable to mana.

(locked)

}

For a legendary sword, the first two were kind of meh, but this is the only option I have. My jump went unnoticed to Revchi as I landed next to some trees as I saw Revchi summon some chains from the ground aiming them at Yuno.

Fuck

{

AMP: 8/10

Current usage: 2min

}

I read the warning that popped up, well shit since I was faster I had to calculate how to use my strength.

I jumped down running toward Revchi who noticed me as he quickly changed the target as the chains headed for me.

"Asta Run!!" Yuno shouted, which was a surprise for sure since he was mostly emo. I swung my blade as the chains were cut like freshly baked choco lava.

"What the hell?" Revchi jumped back avoiding my swing at him.

I could tell he was stronger than me 'currently', remember I said 'currently'.

"Oh so you showed up too, I had originally wanted to go after you after getting my hands on the four-leaf since it's a unique one, and now I can somewhat tell why."

"Fuck off"

"Ha" he scoffed as more chains came towards me, I sliced through them but I could see my time decreasing.

I looked at Yuno who was tied down. As I jumped towards him avoiding the chains while cutting those that were binding him.

"Wind magic: Tornado" Yuno uttered those words as the grimoire in Revchi's hands flew away opening up in front of Yuno and blowing the chains away.

"Looks like you saved me again, Asta," Yuno said with a small smirk. this dude was getting a big head just because he blocked a spell.

"Focus Moron. He is stronger than us." I said that as I avoided another chain aimed at me. He might not be even near the power level of the tower master he was still stronger than us.

"Any Plans?" Yuno asked as he deflected the chains.

"You fucking brats who just got their grimoire, think can defeat me?" Revchi mocked like a fucking bandit NPC. But he wasn't joking the attacks were getting harder to dodge now. I was still thinking when something clicked in my head.

"Yuno! sand" I said dashing towards Revchi.

"I fucking hate it," Yuno muttered as winds started blowing around kicking up a sand storm. I disappeared inside as Revchi too was surrounded by that, though I could not see the sand avoided me as I was surrounded by what looked like a cocoon of wind not bad. I am pretty sure Revchi would move towards Yuno now since I was coming toward him.

No, he would go to the side, since I am assuming he is right-handed, so he would prefer going to the right.

His right means my left I thought as I suddenly turned and jumped to the left catching him moving with his back towards me and since it was windy he would also have trouble listening to my footsteps. I dash as I slice at his back.

But I think it was his instincts that he turned around probably sensing me, but it was too late as the sword sliced through his arm cutting it off.

"aargh.." Revchi was shouting but my kick under his chin shut his mouth throwing him out of the sandstorm. As I walked out.

{

AMP: 2/10

Current Usage: 30 sec

}

I thought as I stood in front of Revchi holding the sword high and brought it down, but then like I expected the old tower master interfered catching my hand like it was a fucking sponge.

"He is more useful alive than dead" the tower master said as a couple of guards rushed up picking up Revchi but also healing him up a bit to stop the bleeding.

The sandstorm died as Yuno held a little irritating look covering his nose as he came towards us.

"So can I ask you why did you interfere?" I asked since I didn't like being played around.

"I already told you the answer," he replied smirking as Yuno was finally here.

"OH, right..... hah let me rephrase the question. Why did you interfere only now?" I asked rephrasing it.

the old man didn't say anything and looked at Yuno.

"are you alright?" He asked Yuno who nodded in return. fucking hell he didn't even answer.

"If I had interfered before you wouldn't be able to grow, fights like these would be normal when you become magic knights. So you need to face it," he replied as he looked at the two kids who were in shock. I had barely noticed them during our fight.

"A magic knight is supposed to protect people, not just kill or capture criminals. during your fight you didn't even know that they were there, you saved Yuno because he was someone you care about, but what about them. You could have saved them by splitting up." He said looking at me, I didn't like the feeling but he was right, now that I was thinking about the fight, I could have sneaked instead of rushing in, maybe even ended the fight in one blow.

the tower master sighed as he held my shoulder, "Learn that's the only way." he said to us both before walking away.

"And one more thing, Yuno can come in the morning while Asta in the evenings if you want to spar," he said that and disappeared. Leaving us both standing on the road.

"So you want to ask something?" I asked looking at the giant skull under which was my usual training grounds, the sun was low now setting behind the skull casting a huge shadow on the village.

"Do you still remember our promise?" He asked his voice a little quiet.

"Of course I do."

"Then...."

"You need to understand you can't trust everyone you run into just because they have an honourable job or the same. Trash is everywhere so it's better to see and then make your decision. Take today for example, that old man may have good intentions but that doesn't blow over the fact that he put us in a dangerous situation that could have gotten us killed." I said looking at him from the corner of my eyes as he was thinking a little deeper.

"Don't worry about it, you will understand it soon enough," I said smirking a little, Yuno tends to take things like these a little too seriously.

"Come on, we still have to collect the cake from the bakery," I said as I began to stroll back. Yuno followed shaking his head a little.

6