Chapter 7: The Next Day
125 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was sitting on my bed holding a piece of paper about the size of a playing card with 'Anti-magic flow' written on top of it.

This is the reward I got for defeating Revchi yesterday. I could pretty much tell that I had to tear this card in order to learn the skill. The extra point to SEN had already been added I could feel my reflexes and instincts had become sharper than before.

I took a deep breath tearing the card apart as it disappeared and a reddish hue flew into me. As I was expecting I immediately felt the splitting headache as the skill was imprinted in my brain.

The anti-magic flow was quite simple in concept, if I moved the anti-magic around my body along the path that the skill had given me then it would boost my physical abilities and passively increase the upper limit of my anti-magic, by how much it depended on the level of mastery.

I thought about it as sat cross-legged like in those in the cultivation novel. I activated the skill but it started giving out instructions about how to flow the anti-magic step by step. wait a minute don't tell me that the skill would only tell me what to do and not do it for me. WTF!?

But it wasn't like I had much of a choice as I started moving the energy along the path, from the heart to the head then to the limbs, senses before returning to the heart completing the cycle. Not gonna lie it was hard, one small misstep and I had to start all over again and seeing how slowly it was flowing that happened a lot.

After continuously trying I was able to complete it a couple of times before I was too mentally fatigued to continue.

Physically I was feeling very light on my feet. I opened the system but it didn't show anything.

{

Name: Asta

STR: 25

Agi: 20

INT: 30

SEN: 6

AMP: 10

Shop

Inventory

Quest(!)

}

well, it wasn't showing anything so maybe it was just my imagination. But hey I had a new quest now.

I opened the quest section looking at the new section.

{

Daily quest:

OPM workout- 100 pushups

              100 situps

              100 squats

              10 km run

Duration: 1 month

Rewards-+3 stats per completion (Allotted randomly)

}

And what the hell was I doing every day. I sighed as I clicked the screen off.

Getting out of bed I went about my routine, before coming into the kitchen. Sister Lily looked at me before continuing with her work.

After coming back we had to tell her about the incident with Revchi as our clothes were torn at places. She was both angry and worried at first then her anger turned towards the tower master and Father Orsi who had complied with the tower Master without resisting.

But I guess she still is pissed off about yesterday.

"Good Morning," I said trying to lighten the mood. Sister Lily didn't say much but I could tell her mood was off.

"Yuno that it would have happened anyway even if the tower Master didn't invite us. " I said I grabbed the dishes from her hand laying them on the table.

"But we could have helped you if we were with you?" She said not thinking clearly.

"No, you wouldn't have you would have been a burden. As harsh as it may sound it's the truth.  You had kids with you, moreover, neither you nor Father Orsi is good at combat and you know it." I spoke up, honestly, she wasn't understanding the situation a bit.

"But he wouldn't have attacked with all of us around."

"Do you really think, a priest, a nun and a couple of kids would have been able to deter him?" I asked as it was plain to see.

Sister Lily turned silent not saying anything, I didn't say much as others finally came in. Yuno looked at us and understood what was going on as he just shook his head and sat down. the kids didn't know what had happened and we didn't want to tell them.

After finishing our breakfast Yuno went to the magic tower for the spar. as I proceeded towards the skull.

A lot had happened but I could not skip the training especially since I was gaining stat points now. Though it was irritating that I did not have any control over the distribution. Still, I started checking out my other rewards.

First the combat suit. It was similar to the assassins creed syndicate and gave some passive boost as well.

{

Combat suit (Rare)

decrease AMP consumption.

store AMP for emergency use. (0/100)

resistant to physical attacks.

self-repair

}

Though it was a rare grade its attributes were better than the legendary sword for some reason. then I looked at the body enhancer.

{

Body enhancer(uncommon)

increases the physical limits of the body. (No immediate effect but a passive effect over time)

Also, get rid of physical defects.

}

Well, looking at the description it wasn't bad. I clicked on it as a vial appeared in my hand I uncorked it. Looking at the transparent liquid before gulping it down.

It was tasteless much like distilled water.

I didn't feel anything but I just shrugged as I donned the combat suit which fitted me perfectly. I looked at the inventory my previous clothes were present there.

Honestly, it even changed my shoes damm. Not that I am complaining.

I made my way to the skull and started my training.

It was the usual which I finished in about three hours as I sat down looking at the interface I still had to check the shop and the quest creation function.

Sitting down I opened up the shop as the very first thing caught my eye.

6