Chapter 8: Quests
172 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The very first thing was my beloved dragon slayer, but then looked at my coins that read zero.

Still, I clicked on it.

{

STR too low

}

well not that I was expecting anything else, but due to this I was able to pay attention to the other things that were there.

from Nichirin sword to Dante's guns there was everything but each had some kind of restriction then I noticed it I was still in the advertised section, great.

Opening up to the real shop that looked like any typical RPG shop with skill cards in one section, potions, weapons etc. I scrolled through them I was just window shopping anyway so it didn't matter anyway I could only look at them.

Among the things I was permitted to buy according to my stats was some low tier swordsmanship, basic health and amp potions, and some basic swords that didn't have any attributes. even If I had points I wouldn't buy anything except maybe the swordsmanship as it would help me build up my basics.

Closing the shop I went to the quest section clicking on the create section.

Well at first I tried putting in breathing, duration two seconds as the system calculated rewards.

They came out as air. I thought that the system didn't really have an AI but it was seriously trolling me I guess.

Then I typed in hunting beasts, the normal ones that weren't too dangerous with my current strength.

I even increased the number to ten but the rewards came up as toilet paper.

"For fucks sake do you recommend anything?" I said as I could tell it wanted me to do more dangerous stuff.

The screen changed as three quests showed up.

{

1. Hunting magic beasts x 10

  Rewards: 5 coins or 1 AMP increase

2. Taking out local bandits hiding in the forest x 25

    Rewards: 20 coins or 2 STR increase

3. Stop the Slavers travelling through your village.

Rewards: 35 coins or 2 STR increase, 2 AGI increase

}

As I saw the quest I somehow had the general idea about how to structure a quest. But the first one was easier as the rewards were also correspondingly low, the third one had high rewards but it also meant it was dangerous.

I didn't like the idea of slavery but I was no Hero of justice either who would jump in to save the day.

I looked at the second quest.

I had heard that the merchants were getting attacked more frequently but I never thought they have actually organised bandits. this one looked more doable and rewards were also satisfactory.

I clicked on it as an optional quest section opened up with the optional quest displaying.

{

Daily quest: complete

Optional quest:

      Taking out local bandits hiding in the forest x 25

      Rewards: 20 coins or 2 STR increase

Main Quest:

Path of a king: incomplete.

}

Now that I had a quest, another problem came up how do I find these bandits. Nobody is going to tell a fifteen-year-old where the bandits are, and I could not search the entire forest.

I was thinking this when I saw a couple of merchants pass by in a caravan escorted by guards.

Well well, maybe I might have to go to them after all.

*********************************************************************

I had been tracking this caravan for an hour now as they had been travelling the forest. They were yet to be attacked but I remained on high alert.

Shadowing them wasn't that easy first I had to hide from them then I also had to hide from the bandits that may ambush them.

I even created a sub-quest for this.

{

Find the bandits

rewards: 10 coins

}

I still went with coins instead of stats. 

I had my eyes on the caravan that had finally stopped near the river bank. It looked pretty safe as they only had to defend one side but it was a double-edged sword as it would only work if the guards were stronger than the bandits.

I was following from quite far as I slowly approached them. but I paused when I saw I person standing in the treeline concentrating on a spell aimed at the caravan. I paused as the screen popped up in front of me.

{

Quest complete

Reward 10 coins

}

This was my first earnings as I quietly slipped behind the man noticing about ten bandits there. It didn't make sense. Attacking the caravan required at least twenty people since there were ten guards there.

I decided not to interfere with the spell as it would serve as enough distraction to capture one of them.

The mage fired a huge fireball at the caravan as the guards quickly went into motion protecting the merchants and the group.

The ten bandits in the treeline ran towards the caravan as a full fight began, I grabbed the one lagging behind the rest before he could come out of the treeline punching his face knocking him out.

I carried him away as I saw the river split up revealing more bandits hidden in the water as they too attacked the caravan.

Whoever it was that was casting the water magic should be strong, I turned away as the guards fell one by one and the bandits captured the caravan.

I didn't really feel anything by the deaths of the guards or the merchants, it was the same feeling when I was fighting Revchi, I did not even hesitate before trying to kill him. I don't know if it is because I am a reincarnator or is it due to the system but, if I don't care about a person I would not give a rat's ass what happened to them.

Running away while carrying the bandit I stopped on a cliff placing him down.

"Hey, I already know that you are awake, if you don't wake up I tossing you off the cliff," I said looking at the bandit with terrible acting skills sprawled on the ground.

"3"

"2" I counted as I grabbed him. Only to get a fireball in my face which I dodged.

"Oh good now that you are awake we can begin the fun part" I replied punching him in the guts as he rolled over. I grabbed his leg as he finally recovered from the punch, it took him some time to register before he realised what was going to happen.

"WAIT! WAIT!....aaaahhh!!!!" He screamed as I twisted his leg back 180.

"So you gonna talk now?", I asked stabbing the demon slayer in front of his face.

The bandit looked at me, clenching his teeth through the pain and nodded only to get my hand imprinted on his face.

"I didn't hear an answer bitch."

"Yes!" the bandit answered immediately.

"First, where is your headquarters?"

"Ten kilometres south from the place we ambushed."

"Good, Next the person who split the river is your leader?"

"Yes"

"How many of you are there?"

"Fifty"

"Got a Map?"

"Ye...No!"

"Hmm??" I stared at him, it seemed like he didn't want to give the map, well since it was his wish there is nothing I could do except grab one of his fingers and break it.

"Aargh!" he gritted his teeth holding his hand glaring at me.

I just smiled at him as my foot reached for the broken leg,

"alright! alright here." he replied pulling out a piece of paper that had various locations marked the headquarters, ambush locations, some special magic creature territories.

"Well this made the job much easier didn't it," I spoke loudly as I saw the man gathering some of his mana.

But a step on the broken foot fixed that, as he rolled around in pain.

"You don't need to feel too bad, I don't intend to make the deaths of your comrades any less painful than yours I said raising my sword up, the bandit panicked and tried to defend himself only to get chopped from the swing. Blood splattered around as I moved back looking at the scene.

Now that I have done it I feel that I went overboard I could have asked the questions before breaking the leg, or maybe just broken his fingers and let him run or.... multiple alternatives flashed through my head as the ground soaked in the blood. I had a bad feeling where these things were coming from and I didn't like it a single bit.

7