Chapter One: Hero
35 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“OH MY GOD!!!” Hero yelled frantically. His feet picked up the pace as a herd of angry cows ran after him, smoke leaving their pierced nostrils. The people on the streets watched with amused eyes, as tears filled his blue eyes. As he slowed down for a second, his head swung from side to side, searching for the quickest route home. “ah ha.” He sped into the large meadow, the cows not letting up and following after him. Hero picked up the pace, his eyes catching the glimpse of the windmill house in the distance. “That's good.” He turned back to stick his tongue out at the already agitated group, before sprinting off. They mooed, running after him faster. A tiny old man by the house dressed in an oversized brown overall. His large blue boots squeaked every time he walked to water a plant. The ground around him started to shake violently, confusing the man quite a bit. He rubbed his large mustache that came out of his nostrils, and stroked his balding head, slapping the goggles that sat there by accident. His vermilion-colored eyes slowly followed where the shaking was coming from, widening in horror as a grinning Hero ran towards him.

“Oi.....grandpa!” Hero exclaimed, happily. His old man was anything but. Cursing up a storm and muttering about how he wanted to murder his grandson. It was such a beautiful day in Wool City. The skies were blue, the clouds whiter than usual, and the green grass came back to life with beautiful daisies growing on top of them. The spring was in full swing, and Montgomery wanted to take full advantage of it. As soon as Hero ran past the white line that was drawn on the grass, the idiotic cows tried to do the same, only to be squashed by an invisible force field. Hero placed his hands on his knees, bending down slightly and catching his breath. He brushed his dark blue hair back, wiping his sweat along with it. Without any warning, he felt a burning slap connecting to the back of his head. He spun around and was met with a red face from Montgomery. He could've sworn that steam was exiting his grandpa's ears. “YOU FILTHY IMBECILIC, TOAD FACED BRAT!” his grandpa screeched. His voice croaked a bit and Hero tried to stifle his laugh. “IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO NOT TRY AND GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK WITH YOUR ANTICS!” He continued, only getting redder by the minute.

“I'm sorry, but it truly was an accident.” The young boy argued back, pouting a bit. His grandfather looked past the boy's shoulders as his eyes wandered to the retreating herd. They continued their angry mooing and grumbling, the noises they made only quieting down as they went further and further away. A nice and savory aroma reached Hero's nose, causing him to salivate and his old man to look at him in defeat. “You must be a hungry boy. Let's go get you fed, aye.”

-----------------------------------------------------------
The mix of purple lightning and dark clouds terrified the citizens of Cloudcrest Island as it was something they were not used to at all. Their once bright pastel purple skies now darkened. Their once beautiful fairy-tale-like cottages and markets were reduced to nothing but rubble and dust. Flames coated the forest like a jacket. This was truly more than just a nightmare, this was hell. The sound of guns and screams meshed together, making them completely unbearable to listen to. Children ran hand in hand trying to locate their parents, their vision blurred by the uncontrollable tears that fell.

It took no more than a single hour for the state of the sky island to change. A being used to scare children to sleep. A being that was nothing more than a fable stood before the citizens with an army of tens of thousands, and menacing aircraft in the sky. The grand witch in all her glory stood before them. Golden eyes twinkly with some much evil as her white hair blew around in the window. This was Nyxia. The tall, curvaceous woman stared down at the dying citizens with not a hint of regret for what she had done. Her grin grew wider as more people were killed. She was almost comically evil.

She wore a tight-fitting black dress that showcased her cleavage, a slit visible on the left leg. A large black sparkling witch hat sat quietly on her head. Two large crescent moon earrings dangled from her ears. Her black-gloved hand held an open fan. Soldiers in dark blue and white uniforms stormed the city center, tearing up more homes and rounding up more people. The elderly who cannot run accepted their fate, waiting for their time to feel the blade slash their skin.

A bloodied, large, old man hanging from a single wooden pole was made visible to the remaining survivors. Upon seeing their king humiliated this way, tears of agony and disgust were shed. “You'll pay for this, you wicked bitch.” The king croaked out, a wave of blood following his words. Nyxia giggled, blowing herself with a fan. “you're croaking a little too much, you old sack of shit.” She grabbed the blue and gold pistol that was laying on the cushion the soldier was holding. She swung it around taking a sip of wine that was placed on her lips.

“I would certainly kill you using my magic. However, I feel fatigued at the moment.” She pouted, placing a hand over her forehead for the dramatics. “Be a darling and lower him. Don't really feel like stretching my arms.” The soldier did as he was told. He lowered the stake until both the king and Nyxia were eye to eye. She placed the pistol between his eyebrows, a smirk plastered on her face. His blue eyes gleamed in anger before softening as he took one last look at his people. Their eyes filled with shock, horror, and great sadness.

POW.

The sound of the gun followed by his people's screeches filled the air. Nyxia stepped back, shaking the man's blood off her boots. “Is the orb secured?” The soldiers nodded their heads. “Leave the rest of the survivors, we need to hurry back before Molly throws a fit.”

With that Nyxia left Cloudcrest leaving nothing but rain and blood behind. A fate that would soon befit many sky islands.

2