Chapter Three: Blacksteel Island
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beautiful blue sky started to become more vibrant, now that they were in the later hours of the morning. Floppy had fallen asleep after being fed, giving Hero the perfect opportunity to explore the interior one more time. He went down the stairs to where the crew was to conduct their daily activities. 

 

The interior was painted black with blue doors. A single chandelier lighted up the wide halls. Paintings of his younger grandpa decorated the walls. There were two sleeping quarters, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a library. The skyship was truly massive.

 

He quickly went back upstairs, wanting to draw his map. As he laid his paper down, he noticed the fuel of the aircraft was starting to run out. Swearing at himself, he grabbed his telescope to see what sky island was nearby. A large warcraft-shaped island was in the near distance. He rushed back to his grandpa's map and located that same island. 

 

It was Blacksteel Island. The mechanic island. He jogged towards the controls of the ship and took it off autopilot. He steered gently, placing his foot over the accelerator a bit. A newfound wave of excitement coursed through him. His first adventure was just miles away from him. He spun to Floppy who was also barking in excitement. 

 

"Blacksteel! Here we come!" 

 

               -------------------------------

 

Hero stopped the ship by the pier and dropped the anchor into the clouds, watching as they wrapped themselves firmly around the chains, weighing it down. Hero then jumped off the ship with Floppy in his arms and his backpack on, landing with a big thud. The attention was on him. Fishermen smiled as they fished for angelfish, and shop owners waved at him. It was a very welcoming island so far. The island despite its name was made up of vibrant brown and orange architecture. The warcraft illusion from earlier was a large library at the very top. He placed the wolf-dog down and started strolling down the pier. He needed someone who could help refuel his Pegasus. His blue eyes captured a little run-down shack that was called 'Little Steel Helpers'. 

 

He was quick to enter, knocking before of course. Inside the shack was a young woman and an old man crouched down. The young woman was the first to notice Hero's presence, her orange eyes boring into his. She then broke out into a grin and stood up. The young man's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. She was tall, really tall. She stood at least six inches taller than him, and he was far from short. Her tanned skin complimented her blonde hair. She was buff and had scars on her forearm and biceps. She wore a black tank top and a pair of baggy, brown industrial pants. Her heavy boots echoed every time she took a step. "What can I do for ye?" Her accent was thick. The old man stood up, standing way taller than the young woman. The left side of the face was burnt. His white hair was pulled back and he wore a loose gray yukata. A pair of wooden getas sat comfortably on his feet. A smoking pipe was placed in between his lips, his right hand inside the chest area of his yukata. 

 

"I need my skyship's tank filled with fuel." The young woman nodded. Hero's eyes caught the golden name tag on her. Her name was Georgina. "Okie dokie. Take us to your skyship. Master Ryusuke, can you grab the barrel with the fuel in it." The old man did as he was told, Georgina was grabbed and gestured for Hero to lead the way. Her eyes caught a glimpse of Floppy and immediately started to gush over how cute he was. They walked back to the ship, Ryusuke and Georgina almost fainted when they saw the Pegasus. 

 

"How did you get a hold of this ship?" The young woman stuttered out, eyes wider than the moon. "My grandpa gave it to me." He earnestly replied. "Well…I kind of kidnapped it, but he gave me his blessings in the end." Ryusuke took a good look at the boy. "You're Montgomery's brat, I'm guessing." Hero spun his head at the mechanic, now his turn to be surprised. "You know my old man?" Ryusuke nodded, a small smile on his face. "We sailed together for a better part of twenty years." Hero's flashed back to the pictures on the wall and to his grandpa's tales. "You have to be 'Iron Fist. This time, the old man cracked a massive grin. "An old name. I've long since retired from the front lines and the adventures." 

 

Georgina watched with gleaming eyes as her master spoke happily of his past. She's heard it a million times before but could listen to it a million times more. "Your old man still tiny?" Ryusuke cracked. "The height of a wooden chair." Hero grinned. They all laughed, Floppy barking in happiness. "I'm guessing we aren't charging him?" Georgina asked. "Nope," Ryusuke answered. Hero looked down with wide eyes and sweat dripping down his forehead. He had completely forgotten about payment. 

 

"How about you take a tour of the island. Filling this up will take a while." Ryusuke stated, inhaling his herbal smoke before blowing it out. Hero nodded, exploring would help with his map drawing. "I'll have Diana be your escort." Before Hero could question who that was, his collar was grabbed from behind. He turned around to see a young girl shorter than him by a few inches. Her skin was fair. Her ginger hair was cut short. Her eyes are large and green. Her lips were plump with a beauty mark on the side. She was slender. She wore a white turtleneck jumper and a pair of brown shorts and brown-heeled boots. A pair of goggles sat on top of her head. She looked nice and mean at the same time. "It's going to cost ya. Touring ain't cheap." Her voice was deep and husky. She had fang-like canines too. 

 

"Go easy on him, Diana," Ryusuke asked, emptying his pipe, and filling it with tobacco this time round. "Let go of my collar, please." Diana did as she was told, taking a step back. "I'll do it for free coz ya look good." Hero blushed before looking away. 

 

This was going to be a long day. 

 

 

1