Chapter Four: Troublesome Duo
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And this is St Lucrima Cathedral." Diana pointed out. In front of them stood a large brown and beige church that looked like something you'd only see in a fairy tale. The cathedral was truly stunning, with beautiful golden windows showcasing various Omnian religious art. Since the beginning of the tour, the duo had been to the local famous market, the grand library of Blacksteel, the town hall, all the fanciest restaurants, and so many museums. Hero had had a blast. Truly enjoyed the beauties that this island had to offer, and he didn't spend a single penny. The duo and Floppy were walking back to the ship, the late evening drawing in closer. "Georgina and old man Ryu probably have already filled the tank. Knowing them, they might add in a few extra repairs." Hero was truly grateful.

He popped a red bean paste-filled doughnut into his mouth, before offering a tiny piece to the wolf-dog. The pier became clear as they walked down the steep pavement, the view of Pegasus much grander than the other skyships. The blue-haired boy placed the goggles that he had bought on top of his head. Diana had purchased him a pair not before calling him stupid for flying without one. "I guess you leave tonight." Diana said, her eyes boring into his. They were now at the port, standing in front of each other. "Yes, I am." Hero answered, gently. He had only been here for a few hours but it was fun, and that was all that mattered. Georgina and Ryusuke were sat down on boxes, sharing a box of soy and garlic chicken bites, half-empty bottles of beers resting by their feet. They watched the interaction between the two younger folks, before looking at each other. Diana opened her mouth before closing it, her face contorted and her eyebrows furrowed. "You do know that Nyxia had been attacking anything that operates or breathes using magic, right?" Hero nodded his head, the image of Cloudcrest coming to the forefront of his mind. "She's way up north, and we're way down south. so I'll be okay." He quickly replied.

Diana huffed relaxing a bit. She was thankful that he wasn't a paranoid maniac. If he was fine with travelling now, then she was fine with letting him go. She had grown fond of the boy, spending several hours with him and seeing just how much of a goofball he was, was nice. A nice change to the routine of her life. Ryusuke and Georgina were chuckling to each other, shit-faced drunk as they watched what could only be described as a corny interaction happened with their guest, and their youngest mechanic. Hero's eyes caught a glimpse of a dark pink glowing object heading straight down from the sky, followed by what looked like a black ghost skyship. He didn't think anything of it until the glowing pink thing landed on the pier, followed by a loud explosion. A large gust of wind blew the stands and other items lying around, away. Hero placed his arms over his face in an x motion, to cover himself from the debris and dust. What on earth was going on?

Diana took cover behind Georgina, as Ryusuke remained seated, unfazed by the whole thing. As the dust cleared up around the pink glowing thing, it revealed two women of different heights and ages. One of the women was a tall, slender and curvaceous woman. Her hair was long and strawberry blonde. Her skin was fair, her eyes sharp and ice blue. Her glossed plump lips had snake bite piercings. She wore a black bra as her top and a pair of black combat trousers. Her white-heeled boots had two black stairs in with the side. A large sword was placed on her back, and a pair of goggles with targets on them hung around her tattooed neck. Ginger Linkenkroff, was what she was called. Next to her stood a young, petite girl.

She wore a long white Victorian crown, with a flowery bonnet placed on her jet-black hair. Her eyes were large and doll-like, completely black. Her skin was as pale as snow and her cheeks were covered in light pink blush. Her thin lips were coated in a rouge colour, which compliment her features quite well. Her shoes, although not seen, were large white platform-heeled boots. Hero took a minute to notice that the young girl was standing on a scythe's blade. Misty Blade was what she was called. "Nyxia better pay me handsomely when I get back!" Ginger screamed, her accent strong and quite southern. "Simmer down mutt." Misty curtly replied, placing a hand over her ear. Her voice was quite soft and posh. Opposites were teamed up. That was hilarious.

The mechanics and Hero knew that they were up to no good, but the mentioning of Nyxia made the situation a lot worse. "She has affluent and talented bounty hunters working under her now?!" Hero and Diana simultaneously scream, shocked to the core. However, Georgina and Ryusuke were just as shocked as they were. The crowd had long since dispersed, leaving only four of them and Floppy on the pier. The ghost ship remained hovering over the sky island, making no move to dock there. The troublesome duo's eyes noticed the group of four, a small starting to stretch out across their face. "We seem to have some company." Ginger spoke. her hand itching towards the hilt of her sword. Hero could not fight. With only a few wind spells up his sleeves, he knew he was going to die if he didn't run now.

However, his feet were stuck to the ground. He was petrified and he couldn't do anything about it. Diana noticed this and placed a hand on his back. "You're safe with us. We're not just a bunch of rusty mechanics. We're a fighter, and we've got the big guns." Her eyes wandered to Ryusuke, whose tattoos were starting to glow white. "They're after the orb, and ours in the cathedral." Hero remembered St Lucrima. With a moment's hesitation, the two young folks started running towards the cathedral. Ginger went after them but was blocked by Georgina. Ryusuke, however, allowed Misty threw as he was caught off guard by the mechanic monsters dropping from the sky.

This was truly tiresome for him.

0