Chapter Five: Georgina Vs Ginger
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Georgina rushed through the alleyway, blood-hungry Ginger running behind her. When a dead end stood before her, she ran up the wall and flipped backward. Ginger's eyes followed the blonde woman, waiting for her every move. Georgina stood behind her, not feeling the need to run anymore. "Ya done running, sweetcheeks." The strawberry blonde woman mocked. "I just needed to give Ryusuke some space. Can't have your body obstructing his view, now can we?" Ginger's expression turned sour, she pointed her large sword at the mechanic, using one hand. "If you believe that you can beat me. Then you'll die." She then disappeared, reappearing above Georgina, and bringing the sword down, The mechanic was quick with her reaction, as she quickly flipped backward multiple times before allowing herself to disappear. Ginger kept her guard up, waiting for the mechanic to strike, and she did.

Georgina appeared with a white glowing fist aimed toward the back of the bounty hunter's head. Ginger was quick to block it using the back of her sword, the sound of metal echoing as Georgina's punch hit it.  "C'mon sweetheart, ya boring me here." The bounty hunter whined. Georgina cursed under her before trying to disappear again. Ginger, who knew what she was up to, stopped her and hauled her hard enough to flip her. She then brought her sword down to finally execute the woman. Georgina who decided that she wasn't going to lose, positioned her finger in a flicking motion.  A spiral of wind started forming and soon as she flicked, Ginger was sent flying back, hitting the wall with a loud thud. Her sword fell quite a distance away from her, giving the mechanic a perfect opportunity to start her barrage of attacks. Ginger, who could barely move or see, felt steel connect to her face. The mechanic continued her rapid attacks, bruising the bounty hunter's face until it nearly become unrecognizable. Georgina stepped back to admire her work with a shit-eating grin widening on her face. Ginger who was losing consciousness needed to do something quickly.

The notion of dying here was absolutely repugnant. Her eyes caught her large sword lying own, and Georgina windmilled her arm, ready to punch the ever-living daylight out of her. She knew what she needed to do. With a single gesture of her fingers, she used every last knocked-around brain cell to lift the sword. When it successfully was, she brought it forth to her hand, surprising the mechanic who still had her arm in the air. With the attack being quicker than light, the orange-eyed woman had no chance of saving her arm. Ginger had cut clean off. With blood oozing from her arm, and sweat dripping down her face, the mechanic booked it. She ran into the street, one arm on the gaping wound, the townsmen were watching petrified, Ginger, who still couldn't properly see, ran after, able to catch up, and lacerate the mechanic's back.  Georgina fell. She was at the end of her rope. The memories of her first becoming a mechanic under Ryusuke's wing came rushing.

                                                                             ---------------------------------------------------------

Ten years earlier.

The summer sky was bluer than ever, and the citizens of Blacksteel had all come to the pier to enjoy the day. A young Georgina with her hair up and wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit raced through the street. A hammer and a toolbox in her hand.  Today, was the final day that she would try and become Ryusuke's apprentice. If he rejects her again, she would fully back off. That was the promise she had given to her parents. They must have grown tired of her tears. She was finally at the little shack the legendary sailor decided to make a home out of. The wannabe mechanic knocked on the door, earning a gruff come-in.

However, when she did and Ryusuke, who was laying on his back with an erotic magazine next to him, visibly aged and groaned, That did smack the grin off her face though. She was determined, this was her last chance and she was going to make it count. "How many times am I going to tell you no?" He groaned out. Sick and tired of seeing her at his door by this point. "This is going to be the last time." This caused Ryusuke to widen his eyes. His green eyes bored into her orange ones to see if she was lying. Nonetheless, she wasn't. "Well then kid. I'm going to have to reject you for the nth time." He turned his back on her, not interested in seeing the tears well up in her eyes. She knew the reason he was going to give her. The fifteen-year-old had been told many times that he didn't accept kids. She didn't believe it was a good reason. Yet, she found herself completely drained of energy.

Her fight had died, and so did her ambitions right there and then.  She spun on her heel and bolted out of there. She ran as far as she could, and she ended up in the local woodland. She sat on the large rock, opened her toolbox, and took out the tin foiled sandwich. She started eating the ham and cheese sandwich with fat tears rolling down her face. What did she need to do to prove that she was capable? She had won all the mechanic competitions held. Her first asking him for a position, she proved she was capable by naming all the parts of the skyship, and what you do for their repairs. She could see he was clearly impressed, so what on earth was his problem? Popping the last bit of the sandwich in her mouth, she could hear a commotion nearby. Not thinking much of it, she remained seated, until the voice of a little reached her ears. Being the good samaritan that she was, she decided to investigate the matter.  Upon reaching the destination, a group of elementary school boys was picking on this little ginger kid. "Where's your mum, aye? Did she leave you or end her life after seeing how hideous you were?" The bald kid spat, venomously. The young girl decided to keep her mouth shut, irritating those around her. "No wonder your drunk of a dad wants nothing to do with you." This prompted a response from her. "My dad's not a drunk and he loves me!" This caused the other kids to laugh, however, the bald kid did not like the fact that Diana had spoken back to him. He balled his fist and aimed for her face. Out of sheer instinct, she lifted her arms to protect herself, but the attack never came.

She placed her arms down and saw Georgina standing before her. She looked like a giant in the young Diana's eyes. She had not only stopped the attack, but she had broken the boy's arm. The kid's screams as his friends helped him run away, filled the forest. "Thank you." Diana meekly replied. Georgina crouched down to her level and simply grinned, giving the girl two thumbs up. "What's your name and age, kid?" Diana answered with her name and that she was six.  "Okie dokie, let's get you home to your dad. He must be worried sick." She turned around and pointed to her back, Diana did as she was told, snuggling into the young mechanic's strawberry-scented hair.  They started walking off in the direction of the pier. Georgina remembered just how shocked she was when she had led her to the shack that had made her cry so many times.  Ryusuke was standing at the door staring at the mechanic and his daughter with wide eyes. Georgina's face contorted into one of mischief.

                                                                                 --------------------------------------------------

The rest was history. Georgina had used the incident with Diana as a means to start her career under his wing. Her parents died in those years. The business started booming, and she had made herself a family she could always rely on.  The scaping of the blade on the ground reached her ears, the sound of her death creeping in. The mechanic lay there bleeding as Ginger stood over her. The bounty hunter lifted the sword, this time knowing that she was going to execute her opponent with little to no hassle. Georgina closed her eyes, waiting for her death with a sense of peach, but it never came. She opened her eyes to see a flaming fist through Ginger's chest and Diana standing behind her. Ginger, who was now the one dying was discarded to the side by the green-eyed girl. It was then that she noticed a mortified Hero wrapping her wounds. He flipped her and started wrapping her back wound. 

She let her guard down completely, faintly hearing Diana mutter that she paid her back before she lost consciousness. In a way, she was glad to still be alive.

0