Chapter 05
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?!"

She screamed and reach out for him in dismay. Well, she tried to. As if to ignore her wish, her body flipped unable to hold her unstable state, and dropped onto the ground(?).

She sat up, not feeling any pain. He checked at that funny sight and flew even higher.

[I mean literally. There will be just puppets being played by their strings and making the same decisions as they have always done in your past life.]

"W-what about Edward? Sophia? No! Is Theodore alive?!"

She panicked as she called out every name from her parted lips. She wasn't even sure what happened to their souls. Were their souls permanently destroyed?

'What about my child?!!'

She blanked out at that thought. Her child. How was she? Is she okay? Safe and far from that chaotic situation she just died at?

"Huff... Hah..."

Ge Ge frowned at the breakdown that Arianna is experiencing. He heaved a sigh in frustration and lowered himself down.

[No, he was killed before you so he isn't alive. And time will be reversed from your death... You know what? I don't want to explain and tired myself out...]

"What?! N-no! You need to tell me more! How..."

[Shut. Up!]

Shutter—

She couldn’t move as she felt a force making her completely still making her complex pale. She didn’t care about what had happened and struggled to finally see him calm down after a few minutes.

“Hey! So are you suggesting that they are nothing more than empty dolls?”

 

Arianna stared up in a followed daze. He simply nodded and lazily stretched his wings as he flew higher, out of her possible another fit-up tantrum. 

He was quite annoyed but he didn’t feel like pushing her under pressure as he needed her as well. He can’t believe the one standing before him was the calm and wise ruler of the Elaxi Race.

 

[And this is where I come in~]

 

“Huh?”

 

[Of course, I won't have told you this without a price, idiot!]

 

Staring at her dumb expression, he restained in rolling his eyes, mockingly. He closed the gap between the two as he spoke.

 

[I mean, literally. I wouldn’t have appeared before you if you were just given a second chance for revenge. But if you did, their fated deaths won’t change anything and they will in the end die at the same time they died in your previous life–]

 

She could absorb much information that Ge Ge was explaining to her as she felt her head numb. It was so confusing since he clearly told her that he isn't able to tell much due to restrictions (?).

 

‘This is making my head hurt…’

 

She rubbed her temples but realized she doesn't feel much pain. It's probably just a habit from whenever she was overworked as the ruler of an entire race in an addition to being a noble of a kingdom.

 

“Hah… Just tell me why are you telling me this and what exactly is this “price” I must pay?”

 

He hummed as it flapped its tiny wings and playfully twirled and opened his beak in response.

 

[I can’t clearly explain this, but you will be looking for your lost siblings’ souls in different worlds and fulfilling our clients’ wishes…]

 

“Client?”

 

He groaned at the woman who was confused about what he was talking about. It's already hard enough for him at how her world isn’t as developed as the other worlds having her not know what the situation is going on with her.

 

He grumbled angrily and then glanced at her.

 

[...Just… Hah… You will see once I show you…]

 

He flicked his wing, creating a snap, and a hologram blue screen suddenly appeared before her eyes making her shriek in surprise. Seeing nothing happening and it just stood right before her eyes even as she moved her head, she heaved a relief then grudgingly glared at the yellow chick who was holding his laughter.

 

[Pfft— Oh my~]

 

Ge Ge snickered, making Arianna pissed off, wanting to strangle it to death. Wait. Now that she thinks about it…

 

‘My emotions are getting all jumbled…’

 

She was puzzled at her state. She knows herself better than anyone and she doesn’t get affected by people’s words that trigger her emotions.

 

‘Is it because I’m in this state…’

 

Now that she realizes it, she did look young and if she remembered correctly, she was quite a hot-headed person back when she was still young and energetic.

 

“And it didn’t fix me up even after marriage and having a child…”

 

She mumbled and laughed pathetically at her past young self. Maybe her personality back then is affecting her present self making her tiredly sigh. She looked up to suddenly back away and flipped around clumsily, unexpected to the closeness between her and the small chick’s face.

 

[...What were you thinking so deeply about?]

 

He curiously tilted his head as he stared at her eyes filled with different emotions. He didn’t take the time to scan at what she was feeling and went straight to the point.

 

[I would like to know if you want to begin and experience yourself before actually searching…]

 

“Yes. Send me right away but first tell me that client’s wish or whatever…”

 

Arianna didn’t inquire about this ‘client’ he mentioned and thought of finding her siblings as soon as possible even if she still has some doubts about the possibility of other worlds.

 

[Mhmm… Since I don't want to wait for a long, here is one thing I need to mention…]

 

She patiently stared at him with crossed arms to show she was listening. He slowly reached his wings against her forehead as it opened its beak slowly morphing into a human mouth, leaving her to narrow her eyes in horror.

 

[Your siblings are not in the same world or should I say that they’re scattered.]

 

Before she asks what he means all she could feel is herself disappearing and rather than a chick, a child with light blonde hair floated at the same spot Ge Ge was.

0