Ch 2
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16th day of the 2nd month, 1350th year of The New Calendar

(Four days have since my group left the Sect’s Main Headquarters to set off to the Golden Dragon Dynasty where the person with the Ethereal Green Jade Physique and with me on the journey are four Golden Core elders Golden Core from both the Great Judgement and a Nascent Soul elder from the Star Beast Sect.)

We were seldomly sidetracked on our journey except for a Wild Beast attack which was quickly taken care of. The reason for the relatively safe journey was that we were still in the Dao Apprehension Sect’s territory no bandit or Demonic Cultivator would dare step into the Sect’s Territory being that we were a top power in the Middle Continent was even more so in the centuries when Xin Ming was the Sect Leader she ruled with an iron fist at least when it came to making sure that her laws were followed through they were complicated but the gist is No Killing, No Abuse, No Mind Control, No Corruption, and No Destruction of Property but there are many nuances like the severity, cause so on and so on.

For the individuals who committed severe crimes and the affected person or faction doesn't want the individual to face a slow or excruciating death then he or she will just be killed off and that's that and it's not like there not gonna face any form of retribution they'll still be judge by the judges of the Samsara. 

While in her recollection Li Guang recalled Shu Shishong the only Nascent Soul Cultivator in the group.

"Hey Yun, by those imprints on your body I guess you're a Spirit Beast Cultivator right?”

Li Guang Called Yun Shun, a Spirit Beast Tamer while riding on a Black Lightning Hawk.

A Spirit Beast Cultivator is a Cultivator who forms contracts with Spirit Animals in the Spirit Plane. 

The Spirit Plane is a Higher plane with Spirit Beast there having the strength of Qi Gathering to stages unknown to the strongest of the Dao Apprehension Sect.

The Process of forming a contract with a Spirit Beast goes as first, perform a special ritual that allows the ritual performer’s soul to make contact with the Spirit Plane, 

Once you make contact and enter then it's time for the second step, find a Spirit Beast suitable for your soul’s strength if it's too strong then it could bend your will or kill you and in the rare chance that it doesn't do those two things then you won't be able to bring out the Spirit Beast’s full power as the strength the Spirit Beast can bring is directly proportional to the strength of the contractor's soul. 

Then Third, after the contract is formed an imprint of the Spirit Beast that takes the form of wings, claws, fangs, or tentacles, these imprints would be related to a part of the Spirit Beast and would sometimes be mistaken as a tattoo. Plus you could get multiple 

"That would be correct, Venerable Li,” replied Yun Shun to Li Giang’s question.

“What kind of Spirit Beast and how many Yun?” Asked Li Guang usually this kind of question would be considered rude as no one wants to reveal their strengths and weaknesses.

"uhh Venerable Li, I have 4 Spirit Beasts a Nascent Soul Serpent, 2 Core Formation Avians, and 1 Golden Core Spider on the verge of a breakthrough"

“Hmm, with the level of strength of those imprints your soul strength should be at least above average. Having a soul strength stronger than the norm should be one of the reasons why you chose to be a Spirit Beast Cultivator right?” presumed Li Guang.

"That's true Venerable Li, I do have a higher degree of soul strength than normal that is why I chose to be a Spirit Beast Cultivator," spoke Yun Shun

“Venerable Li, if you don't mind me asking for what reason do you have so many Storage Rings? I know that for someone of your stature, could get as many Storage Rings as you desire. Inquired Yun Shun.

“As you presumed I can get my hands on as many storage rings as I wish for and that contributes to the number of storage rings I possess, and having a tendency to hoard treasure, objects that I find useful,” replied Li Guang to Yun Shun’s inquiry with nonchalant.

"Thank, Venerable Li for answering my question” bowed Yun Shun to Li Guang ok his mount

“If you ever want some Storage Rings you can go to me you'd just have to do a few errands for me.” Offered Li Guang to Yun Shun.

“It would be useful to have extra Storage Rings but for now I have no use. Maybe in the future I'd take you up on your offer since I am not in any need for an extra Storage Ring currently Venerable Li.” replied Yun Shun to Li Guang’s offer.

“Ahh sorry if I intrude on your conversation but Venerable Li I would gladly do chores for you Venerable Li for a Spatial Ring.” Said an elder.

"Hmm You're too weak maybe when you reach the Nascent soul realm you can do errands for me but for now currently your strength is inadequate." Scanning the elder that asked Li Guang replied to his words.

A day passed and there was some chit-chat among the group, mostly the elders until Li Guang spoke.

“Everyone.” Said Li Guang in which all the elders stopped whatever the we're doing to pay their full attention to Li Guang.

“Some of you may be aware of this but I'll say it, we are about to exit the Sect’s territory in a few moments even though I am here all of you have to stay vigilant, understand.” 

"We understand, Venerable Li,” Let out the elders in unison

(We're about to exit the Sect’s territory and enter the Savage Beast Mountain Range but nothing too dangerous will happen if we stay at away from the core area of the Mountain Range where most of the powerful Beast stay that could threaten the group, I warned the elders earlier to stay vigilant and they seemed to have taken that advice to account by their current demeanor$

(Hours have passed since I spoke earlier and the elders are still staying vigilant. That's good, at least the years in the sect didn't dull them.)

As she was thinking to herself she sensed a merchant caravan a few tens of miles ahead having a confrontation with another group of individuals and by the conversation, she heard from her enhanced heard from the merchant caravan they were ambushed by bandits, and in the looks of it in are losing

Feeling that she should interfere Li Guang made some pebble-like qi constructs and threw them at the heads of the bandits but let the strongest one live to see if she could get some information from that person and one that would make someone faint for the leader of the bandits,

“Venerable Li Guang what happened?”

“Was someone planning on ambushing us?”

“Why did you throw those Qi constructs Venerable Li Guang?”

Alerted by the actions of Li Guang the apprehensive elders asked what happened as they don't have a divine sense as strong as Li Guang so they weren't able to sense maybe Yun Shun if he put his divine sense to his full power.

“Don’t worry I was just dealing with some bandits who were ambushing a merchant caravan, I will also be planning to interrogate one of them for any recent happenings in the area” Li Guang Speaking to the questioning elders

A few minutes earlier 

Dong Ling, the head guard for the traveling Gem Fountains Merchant group, one of the merchant groups in the Bees Chamber of Commerce, an organization whose influence spans multiple kingdoms.

They were on a journey to resupply their businesses in the nearby kingdoms. With over Three hundred trained Qi Condensation guards and including twelve Foundation Establishment guards with this force they could roam free in the outskirts of the Savage Beast Mountain Range

“After this last assignment my contract with the Gem Fountain Merchant group will finally be over and with a hefty stipend to boot, I could spend more time with my lovely family and even have my children attend the Imperial Golden Dragon Academy if I save my money right.”

Dong Ling’s daydreaming was cut short by an ambush by bandits

“Everyone formations!! protect the cargo!”

Taking command of the situation Dong Ling ordered his subordinates to form a defensive formation around the cargo while inwardly cursing the scouts for being unable to detect the bandits beforehand

The clash between the two forces continued for tens of minutes 

Dong Ling now with his left arm gone took of the situation half of his men were gone and only a quarter of the foundation establishments are left things aren't looking up for them

Sighing Dong Ling looked at the perpetrator who caused his group’s terrible plight the leader of the bandits Feng Fan the Swirling Gale the person who chopped his left arm off and killed seven of the foundation establishment guards and a core formation expert in the wind element.

Dong Ling thought about his wife, son, and daughter who he’ll most likely never see again, as Dong Ling was about to go into a state of despair when he thought about dying and never seeing his family ever again but that’s when bandits started to fall one by one an object hitting there and creating a hole through their heads even Feng Fan the Swirling Gale couldn't dodge it getting hit in the chest and collapsing.

“Huh? The bandits they're were all defeated in mere seconds”

(A master cultivator must have seen our plight and taken pity on us. Yes that must be it)

Looking around Dong Ling was about to show his thanks even though he didn’t spot any cultivators in the surroundings, even if there was no one he’ll still show his thanks.

Kowtowing on the ground Dong Ling shouted.

“Thank you master cultivator for saving our lives I will always be in your debt”

When the other guards heard him speak they soon followed.

“Hmm the people are thanking you it seems Venerable Li Guang”

“That’s a given I did save them from their death of course”

Conversed Li Guang and Yun Shun  arriving at the location where the attack happened

“Who are gonna talk to get the information that bandit that still alive or maybe one the guards on the ground”

“I’ll first talk to the bandit of course she has the stronger cultivation and most likely has more information on the happening in the surroundings”

“A sound decision”

Li Guang jumped off her Black Lightning hawk, landing on the ground arriving in front of the bandit leader

Li Guang shot a small charge of electricity awakening Feng Fan 

“Huh?! What happened”

“I happened, now either answer my question or die”

“How do I know that you wouldn't kill me after I answer your questions”

Looking at Li Guang from the ground

“What other choice do you have either answer and maybe live or just die”

“Okay I’ll answer”

Answered Feng Fan disgruntled with the situation

“Good Good Good, now have you heard of anyone awakening a special physique?”

“None that I know recently but a few years back a child of the Emperor of the Golden Dragon Dynasty unlocked some Physique”

“Really nothing”

“Yeah nothing”

“Is that so then”

Li Guang looked at Feng Fan

“Can I go now?” asked Feng Fan

Then suddenly Li Guang put her hand on Feng Fan’s chest and reducing her cultivation to the Foundation establishment realm and formed a bubble of qi around her and then threw her far in the direction of the south.

“Now how about you, have you heard of anyone awakening a special physique recently ?”

“N-n no master cultivators I haven’t”

“Then you're free to go”

“Just like that?”

“Just like that”

Saying so Li Guang left the group guards and mounted on the Black Lightning Hawk

Two Days passed the group of Cultivators have finally reached the border of the Golden Dragon Dynasty.

1