Ch 5
8 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 5

28nd day of the 2nd month, 1350th year of The New Calendar

Authors note in this chapter I’ll try my hand on making it 1st pov ok

My group and I were about to reach Flame Pearl City when I sensed a figure heading in our direction from the city. From my position in the carriage, I could sense a faint aura similar to the aura emitted from a clone in my shadow from Yichen coming from the figure. So before the figure made contact with the elders' senses that were scouting ahead of the group I alerted them with my divine sense about a Figure coming. 

Why? I knew the figure was a Penumbra for 3 reasons.

First, the close similarity in aura the figure had with the clone in my shadow not in intensity but in quality that mainly depends on the soul of the being in question, and the fact that I know an aspect of the process on how Yichen makes his clones is by splitting a small portion of his soul and cultivating it with a secret technique he created, letting me conclude that the figure is one of Yichen’s many clones.

Second, the cloak the figure was wearing which was emitting a specific but complicated Qi sequence pattern let's call it QPS for short, this QSP that only the members of Umbrage know, and on the rare occasion that a member of the Umbrage leaves their memories of specific secrets of the branch would be wiped which includes QSP.

The third, Is related to QSP, QSP can only be activated when the cloak and member are branded with a complicated array formation and one cannot just activate another member’s cloak you can only activate your specific cloak.

Umbra means an inner member of a branch “Umbrage” of the sect that focuses on intel gathering, assassination, and also as a guardian to certain someones.

They quickly understood the transmission as I informed the group beforehand about a member of Umbrage being involved. When they received my transmission they ready themselves and when the figure appeared in their sphere of perception and made their way back to regroup.

The elders outside guarding the carriage made way for the Umbrage member to enter the carriage to converse with me.

“Greetings to you?” I greeted the Umbra once he entered.

“Greetings to you Venerable Li, You can refer to me as Su” Said Su the Umbra.

“So, Su, what information have you obtained pertaining to the possessor of the Ethereal Green Jade Physique.” I inquired looking at Su

“As you wish, the one who awakened the Ethereal Green Jade Physique is Wei Ping, the fifth son of a Chief Magistrate in the late-stage Golden Core Realm here's only one Nascent Soul Realm cultivator who is a guard sent by the Emperor for a favor he owed the Chief Magistrate and a couple of Golden Core Realm Cultivator who are part of some clans.”

While Su was speaking I interrupted him to reaffirm a thought that I had.

 “This Wei Ping, he awakened the physique  recently, not when he was born, right?” 

“That would be right Venerable Li, and in my estimation, he awakened his physique around the beginning of this month.” Replied Su to my question.

Su Then Continued 

“Just recently this week Wei Ping exited his short seclusion and is currently in Lulu’s pork belly, a family-owned restaurant in the core area of the city.”

“Really, are there any more matters that I should be informed of about Wei Ping?” I asked this time and changed my view to the outside of the window instead of at Su.

“There is from my research on Wei Ping he started acting differently from his usual he'd usually spend most of his time having fun going to bars, clubs, and other activities, I told you earlier that he was in seclusion for some time just earlier but he'd usually just go into seclusion once every two months and it would last for a week maybe I am just looking to deep into this matter and maybe the reason he's been spending more time in seclusion is that he unlocked his physique,” said Su to me.

“So he previously liked to go on debouch trips in the city and now not. I'll check on him when we meet and thanks for the information.” I thanked Su for the information he provided.

“It's my honor, Venerable Li. I'll take my leave now if there's nothing else needed for me, Venerable Li?.” Spoke to Su in response.

“There's nothing you can leave now,” I said finishing the conversation we had in my soundproof carriage.

After my conversation, I told the elders that we can now head to the city.

After passing the procedure of the city I passed the gate and headed straight to the Core area of the city. The identity I am using is an affluent business manager visiting to inspect the state of the branch in the city.

While going there I spotted Wei Ping. I was able to tell it was him by the hidden vitality in his and that he was actually wearing a robe spelling out his name. By the looks of his soul, something strange must have occurred to it as it looked like a roughly mushed-together clay dough of two different colors.

I was just going to converse with him face to face when I saw but thought better of it. I had another way of conversing with people that can't be easily traced back to me.

So two days later in the night when Wei Ping has finally slept. I entered his dream and in that dream I spoke and said.

“Your soul is unusual,” I said to him

“What do you mean?!” questioned Wei a unsettled and weary at the figure who suddenly appeared in his dream. He was dreaming earlier about something in the lines of doing nothing in his bed and not even sleeping just watching a show on the feeling from the memories that appeared in his mind when suddenly he appeared in a room sitting down on a table and across him an indistinct blurry figure  even thought it was so close it was like a glitch in a game or something.

“I am here to make you my disciple I see great potential in you.” I said seeing clearly Wei Ping was in a sort of turmoil with his emotions.

“Huh!? You come inside my dream and say a cryptic words and expect level to never you’re disciple. that that’s outrageous!” Exclaimed We Ping with bravado while still knowing that most likely this individual who invaded his dream can easily kill but he or she must want something from him like him becoming their disciple.

“I'll give you a week to decide” and with those words Li Guang left Wei Ping’s dream.

THE HELL!! exclaimed Wei Ping waking up from his sleep.

 

0