Ch 6
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 6

 

30th day of the 2nd month, 1350th year of The New Calendar

 

“Hah! The food in Lulu’s pork belly was great.” I exclaimed belly while heading to the carriage to return to the family estate.

 

On the way to my chambers, I had a short conversation about the Ice Lotus Sect with my younger sister Yuya, on her way to the library, likely to get more books to read on her pastime.

 

Finishing my conversation I head straight to my chambers not meeting anyone of note. When I opened the door I was greeted by the Zhizhu the two-headed black-scaled serpent I got from the auction, laying on my bed.

 

After getting Zhizhu out of my bed and him on his own I fiddled with some of my things and went to sleep.

 

The dreams that I had were nothing unusual, meaning I was laying on my bed doing nothing, just relaxing when I was suddenly shifted to sitting on a chair in a closed room with chairs and a table, and across that regular-looking table was a person? Being?

 

When the being spoke it sent chills down my body like the feeling I got when I first met the expert from the capital my father brought when I was just a boy but a hundredfold.

 

I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat from the aura the figure was emitting, It was frightening. A while later I was able to recollect myself as I tried to understand what they wanted from me as their disciple.

 

“It can't be because I am the fifth son of a Chief Magistrate of Flame Pearl City and even if they want someone to be their puppet leader why would they choose me? There are my first brother and second sister. If they want someone more capable and if they want someone inconspicuous, theirs are my other siblings who can fill that role better than I.”

 

“It also couldn’t be for my soul if they found it interesting that person could most likely just stolen my soul for experimentation if the strength that person should off was real then maybe it’s my physique that must be my awakened must be extraordinary even when I went to the family library I couldn't find anything fitting the characteristics of my physique.”

 

So then if he or she truly wants me to be their disciple what should I do? What are the Cons and Pros of accepting

 

Pros 

  • Train under a powerful master
  • Have plenty of resources due to having a powerful master
  • Connections with other strong individuals
  • Not get killed by the individual's fury for not accepting

 

Cons

  • Possibly everything was a lie to put down my guard 
  • Joining an unknown possibly demonic group
  • Possibly abandon my previous identity and things

 

I deliberated in my mind but when the thought of being killed and possibly tortured for an eternity entered I made up my mind to accept.

 

The days leading to the state's date had me on edge. I wasn't able to sleep during that time. This time instead of me needing to fall asleep first I was transported to the previous area where I met the being it's a good thing that nothing was happening during that time I was sitting on a futon.

 

“Have you decided?” asked the mysterious figure this time there was a human-sized Jade Rabbit beside her left.

 

“Yea, I am willing to be your disciple under one condition.” I accepted the offer but there being a condition is something I thought of days prior.

 

“Oh, let me hear it” from my perspective it felt like she raised her eyebrows when she said those but I couldn't really know as the figure’s form was distorted.

 

“Could you please make an oath that you’d guide me in cultivation I am not asking for much you can swear on anything it just needs to at least hold some weight to you please and ill be rest assured?” Knowing that what I was asking was a bit much but I can't feel at ease if their no insurance no matter how small so I bowed my head touching the table.

 

“Deal, I Li Guang swear on my spatial ring that is on my left pinky finger and its contents that I would guide Wei Ping in his path of cultivation as long as he is my disciple” when those were stated the Qi in surroundings whirled in understanding sealing that oath by the Law of Order. 

 

Cut to two weeks later 7th day of the 3rd month, the 1350th year of The New Calendar

 

Li Guang has come back from the mission to recruit Wei Ping the person with Ethereal Green Jade Physique went well with nothing harmful happened. 

 

Wei Ping’s Physique has started to transform his body as the palate of his skin has started to take a green tint in another news corresponding to Wei Ping we discovered after a series of tests we have discovered what was unusual about his soul was that he had experienced a soul merge this event isn't new to the Sect as it had members have it in its records and one still active as the Branch Head in the Eastern Continent.

 

The elders including Li Giang gave the mandatory report on the mission which was further supplied by his Clone.

 

While some of that information shocked Yichen but it's not that shocking as the Sect being the Strongest in the World it's not foreign to strange events. 

 

In other news, a messenger from Umbrage reported that a seemingly unknown Demonic Sect was discovered in the Tundras of the Northern Continent. The way that they were discovered is quite laughable an Umbra (Senior Member of Umbrage) was having their half-decade-long vacation as a farmer (don't ask me) in a small village when they were attacked by the Demonic Sect who were in search of human sacrifices when they stumbled upon the village the Umbra was in who then faked being kidnapped to find out more information before alerting the other Umbrage units. 

 

It's been a week since that whole incident started it only took so long for the report to get here because of the long activation

 

It's a good thing that the Sect’s teleportation station is always half charged for any urgent matter like a Demonic Sect being discovered

or it would have taken a month instead of a week for the news to get here.

 

The week before the messenger went through the Teleportation Gate they received extra news from the Umbra in the Demonic Sect that the Umbra suspect that the Demonic Sect is from the previous age before the New Calendar. So following the Protocol in dealing with factions who have a long history and likely pose some threat. The Branch in the location organized the Factions in the Continent which they believe have the least chance of having spies and asked for assistance from the Main Sect.

0