3. Elemental Sight
89 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'No matter who I am or used to be… this doesn't change the fact that I am a knight…'

Sean slowly stands up from the bed.

'… and someone out there needs my help."

Sean grasps the nearby great sword.

'It's a bit on the heavy side.' He mutters.

The great sword perfectly fit in his hands. Sean walks out of the house.

Whoosh… swish…

He swings the great sword around a little to move his sore muscles.

'This body is skillful with a great sword. Looks like it has done some previous sword training. However, with its current state, I won't be able to use the sword art from my memory. Now for the elemental particles…'

Sean channels the elemental energy through the great sword. A deep blue sword aura surrounds the blade to increase its sharpness, lethality, and range.

'Mm… the magic conductivity is passable. It's not as good as the sword from my memories.'

Bang…

He stabs the great sword on the ground. Memories related to the great sword appear in his mind.

Favonius Great sword- a ceremonial sword of the Knights of Favonius. Issued to a knight after the acknowledgment of both the Grandmaster and the Church. Based on the knowledge of elemental affinities derived from the study of an ancient artifact, this great sword is not just the honor bestowed upon a Knight of Favonius but also the fruit of hard work and skills of the guardians of Mondstadt. It's a sword designed to defend the innocent and destroy the wicked.

'For my current skill set, this great sword will more than suffice.'

The village chief, Andrei, and his grandson, Igor, stare at Sean's sword practice.

'He seems to be well-trained in swordsmanship.' Andrei is pleasantly surprised while Igor's shining eyes are almost drilling a hole in Sean's back.

'But… will it be alright to ask him for help? He still hasn't recovered from his injuries. The village doesn't have a full-fledged healer and the nearby church is in the next city, which is almost twenty miles from here.' Andrei stares at Sean's figure with uncertainty.

After getting a hang of the sword, Sean sheathes the great sword and places it on his shoulders.

"My skills should be more than enough, right?" Sean turns to the village chief.

"But your condition…" Worry appears on Andrei's safe. He is concerned about the safety of Ana but also frets about the well-being of their guest.

"Wow! My mister knight, your sword skills are the real deal. With this, we can save Ana." Igor praises Sean's sword skills from his heart.

Sean stares at the innocent eyes of the kid.

'It's the innocence of these kids that I must protect.'

"It's decided I will help with the rescue. Also, it's not like I will be alone. The other villagers are also looking for the girl. I will get help from them." Sean attempts to placate the old elder's worries.

"If you put it like this… then I guess it's alright!" The village chief nods.

He turns to Igor and gestures to him.

"Call your uncle Boris to show the path to this young knight!"

"Yes, grandpa!"

Igor quickly hops away from the village elder's house. Five minutes later, the kid arrives with a giant gruff man with thick hair around his face in tow. The gruff man carries a wooden club on his back.

Hmm…

Sean notices a pyro elemental vision tied around Boris' belt.

'He is also a vision bearer.'

Boris soon approaches the village chief and greets him.

"Greetings, village chief! You summoned me."

"Mm…" Andrei nods and points toward Sean.

"This is the gentleman; you saved the other day. He wants to help us to search for Ana. You are the only adult with a vision in the village, so I asked Igor to summon you to guide Mister Sean." Andrei introduces Boris to Sean.

"Thanks for saving my life." Sean bows his head to Boris.

"I am not sure how I can pay my debt of gratitude to you."

"No… no… it's alright! I just fished you out of the river. There is no need for such formality." Boris hurriedly shakes his head.

"Very well… I will help rescue Ana to pay a bit of debt of gratitude." Sean turns to the village chief to ease the latter's heart.

"Time is of the essence. Please guide the way!" Sean asks Boris for directions.

"Please follow me!" Boris leads Sean out of the village. Andrei and Igor follow them to the exit of the village.

After traveling a certain distance away from the village, Sean asks Boris a question out of curiosity.

"You are a vision holder, Mister Boris."

"Ah… yes… yes… I was lucky!" Boris nods at him.

"Including me… there are two other vision bearers in the village, Pasha and Mila. Pasha is already out to search for the girl, whereas Mila is the village doctor. Pasha has electro vision while Mila has dendro vision. The medicinal soup and the paste used to treat you were all made by her." Boris answers Sean's query.

"Then… I must thank her personally after our return." Sean nods.

"Ah… I forgot to ask your name, mister knight?"

"I am Sean, a knight from Mondstadt." Sean introduces himself.

"You are a Favonius knight!" Boris is surprised.

"Yes! Our company was ambushed by monsters, and I was swept away by the river during the battle." Sean answers from his fuzzy memories.

"Then… it won't be a problem to reveal the situation to you." Boris has a hesitant expression, but he grits his teeth, nonetheless.

"Actually, Sir Sean…"

Boris discloses the entire situation to Sean.

'Hmm… so, Pasha escorted a caravan of villagers with goods to the nearby city to trade for necessary supplies. Everything went well on their way to the city, but during their return… the group was attacked by a pack of monsters led by a rifthoud whelp. Pasha, being the sole vision bearer, fought the wolf whelp and pushed it back. However, the rest of the monsters plundered the caravan and injured the villagers. During this battle, a whooper flower kidnapped Ana.' Sean gets a gist of the situation.

"So, this was the reason Mila couldn't treat you personally. She was tending to the wounded villagers."

Sean waves his hand to relay his intention that he doesn't mind.

Soon, the duo arrives at the location of the attack. It wasn't that far from the village, just two and half a mile ahead. Sean's expression turns grim.

'If monsters are this close to the village, then I am afraid they can attack the innocent villagers anytime.'

Boris points in a direction of the forest.

"That's the direction that whooper flower escaped to. I can't guide you much further. I must return to the village to prevent it from unexpected monster attacks. You might come across other villagers with Pasha in your search."

"Thank you for leading me here!" Sean slightly bows to Boris.

The latter scratches his head and turns towards the village.

"Now, then!"

Sean unsheathes his sword.

"It's time to look for some clues."

He might not have been a part of the reconnaissance team, but every knight must undergo some recon training to gather intel.

Shoom…

Sean infuses some elemental energy in his eyes to activate elemental sight.

'I hope I will succeed.'

Elemental Sight is a fairly useful ability to detect elemental energy. Only someone who can manipulate elements can utilize this ability. Even among the vision bearers, it is a rarely seen ability. Since it requires precise energy manipulation, it's extremely hard to master.

Sean has no prior experience with it, but a similar technique called 'Mana Eyes' is present in his memories.

He attempts to use elemental sight using the principle from the Mana eyes.

Whoosh…

Sean opens his eyes as a world of black and white appears in his vision. The color of the entire world fades away, leaving only a few patches of color in the surrounding.

"I succeeded! Is this the world of elements?" Sean grips his sword with joy. He looks around to witness the world with an unfamiliar sight.

'Those black and white patches of the world don't contain any elemental energy… No… they possess very faint elemental energy. The colorful patches possess very dense traces of elemental energy. What a wonderful view!"

Sean deactivates the elemental sight. Slowly, color return to the surroundings. He rubs his eyes to ease the faint pain in them.

"I will take some time to get used to this ability."

Whoosh…

Sean activates his elemental sight again and investigates the area for clues.

-----------------------

A/N:- Hello, Forgotten Life here. I am the author of Reborn In Naruto as Madara's Grandson. This is my latest work. It will be a slow pace story. There will be 3 chapters per week for now.

Comment down your thoughts and suggestions. If you like my work and want to support me then checkout my pat reon

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

5