6. Specters
58 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Specters?!"

He recognizes the floating monsters. It is in the shape of a giant floating balloon with a single eye in the center of it. Some tendrils sprout from its head, which allows the specter to adjust its flying trajectory.

Specters are monsters born from the accumulation of highly concentrated elemental energy in a place. These beings are pure elemental beings and are impervious to their respective elemental nature. Three specters are floating in front of them. Two of the specters are silvery white, while the one in the middle is mint green.

Sean recalls the information about the specters from his memories.

'Strange! Specters are usually a group of friendly monsters. They never needlessly attack anyone unless someone attacks them first. But these specters took the initiative to attack us first.'

The rest of the villagers also enter the room. The torches light up the area, driving away the darkness present in the room.

Hmm…

"Their appearance…"

Sean notices a dark purplish aura shrouding the specters.

"It's that aura?"

Monsters in a dungeon are far more aggressive and stronger than their outside counterpart.

"This must be the buff from the dungeon."

Being his first dungeon, Sean attributes it to the information he read from various books.

"The silvery white specter is a cryo specter while the mint green specter is an anemo specter."

I can't use my ice powers against the cryo specters and the anemo specter is too swift and high up in the air for my ice attacks to reach up to him.

"Why there are three of them?" Pasha, who just entered the room, is surprised to see the three floating specters.

"When we last came here, there were only two cryo specters."

"It's no use dawdling in its presence. Let's focus our attention on dealing with them." Sean readies his sword as he senses a huge influx of elemental energy gathered around the specters.

Rii… rii… chii… chii…

The enraged cryo specters gather cryo elemental energy in front of their eyes. They quickly shape it into a lance and shoot it toward Sean.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Two lances lock on Sean's position and zoom toward him at an incredible speed.

Ding… Swoosh…

Sean deflects one of the lances with his great sword and narrowly dodges the other by ducking down.

Spoom…

The anemo specter spews out two powerful compressed anemo bullets at Sean.

Bang… bang…

Sean blocks the bullets with a makeshift metal plate he picked earlier from the remains of the hilichurls. The impact from the wind knocks him back. His back almost touches the walls of the room. Two dents appear on the rear of the shield.

"Ice bullet,"

Sean swings his sword and releases a barrage of small ice bullets at the anemo specter.

Swoosh… swoosh…

The anemo specter uses its tendrils to alter its position.

Tch…

He raises his shield to block the ice lance throws by the cryo specter.

"I will take down the anemo specter. Can you folks handle the two cryo specters? I will help you deal with them after I take care of it."

"Alright!" Pasha agrees with him.

The villagers, with the bows, dip their arrows in the torch to create flaming arrows.

Swoosh… swoosh…

They shoot the arrows at the cryo specters. Most of the arrows miss their target. The few that managed to hit the target did minimal damage to them.

Pew… pew…

The two specters shoot another ice lance at the villagers.

Ding… Ding…

The villagers blocked the lance with their shields.

Crackle… Buzz…

Pasha infuses electro-elemental energy into one of his arrows and shoots it at the specter.

Peng…

The arrows pierce the outer layer of the specter's body and slightly electrocute it.

Rii… Rii… Raa… Raa…

The infuriated specter enters rage mode and lobs out six consecutive snowballs at high speeds toward the villagers.

"Don't try to block it!"

Pasha quickly reminds the villagers and runs around to dodge the snowballs.

Bang… bang…

The snowballs hit the ground and explode on impact, creating a small frost field on the ground. The frost hit two of the villagers. Their body slowly freezes from the dense ice elemental energy and roots them to the ground.

"Damn it!"

Pasha quickly rushes towards them. He blocks an ice lance from the other specter and thaws the ice on the ground with a swing of his sword.

"Thank you, Pasha!"

Both villagers hurriedly retreat and apply the red liquid from before on the frozen body part. The red liquid is an alchemist potion called 'Flaming Essential Oil'. It is made of flaming flower stamen and has a good amount of pyro-elemental particles. It is highly flammable and is useful in the treatment of hypothermia.

"Be careful next time. We don't have much of our supplies. Use them as sparsely as possible." Pasha warns them.

'At least they came prepared!' Sean heaves a sigh of relief.

He was worried about the safety of the villagers. But it seems like these villagers have picked up a few survival habits from hunting in the wild.

'I can focus my attention on this annoying anemo specter.'

Bang… bang…

The anemo specter continues to shoot wind bullets toward Sean. Sean dashes across the room, rapidly dodging the attacks of the specter. The wind bullets create fist holes in the walls of the cavern room.

'If I am hit by any of them, I will suffer some serious internal bleeding.'

Ding…

He blocks a wind bullet at a tricky angle and throws more ice lance at the anemo specter.

Swoosh… swoosh…

The anemo specter flaps its tendrils and changes its direction to dodge the attack.

'Those tendrils are a problem. I have to chop them up to get a shot at taking down this specter. For that, I have to bait this specter to lower its altitude.'

He looks around and notices the passage from which they entered the room. This passage is high enough for a person to touch the ceiling by jumping up from a pedestal.

'I will lure it inside the passage since it has no other thoughts than to attack me relentlessly.'

Sean continues to annoy the anemo specter and isolate it from the rest of the group while defending the endless attack from it.

Fifteen minutes later,

'At this rate, I will run out of stamina before I take him down.'

He looks around and confirms his position in the center of the passage.

"Thankfully, I was able to lure it pretty deep into the passage. Now, even if it uses its swiftness to run away, I still have a good chance to take it down before it escapes."

Pew… Pew…

The anemo specter shoots two wind projectiles at Sean. This time, instead of dodging them, Sean dashes toward the anemo specter while blocking the bullets with his shield. He shifts the force of the impact sideways and, using it; he hurls the shield towards the wall of the passage.

BAM…

The shield embeds into the wall. He adjusts his path to dodge another round of wind bullets from the specter.

'I have already calculated its attacked pattern. It shoots a volley of two wind bullets at a time. After three seconds, it fires another volley of wind bullets. After firing five consecutive bullet volleys; it enters a state of exhaustion for fifteen seconds to recover its stamina. That is my window of opportunity.'

After firing the previous volley, the specter has entered its cooldown phase. Sean uses this opportunity to jump on top of the shield. He uses it as a pedestal to launch himself into the air.

HAAH…

He performs a diagonal slash and chops all of its tendrils in a single slash.

Bang…

Sean lands on the ground and the stamina of the anemo specter recovers.

Rii… Rii… Chaa… Chaa…

The specter enters in an enraged state due to the loss of its tendrils. It rapidly puffs up by withdrawing a large amount of surrounding anemo elemental particles. It expands to thrice its previous volume. Using the remanent anemo particles, the specter spins rapidly and slams on the ground like a wrecking ball; right on top of Sean's head.

"Oh No!"

BANG…

The anemo specter slams on top of Sean, creating a crater a few meters breadth.

--------------------------

A/N:- Hello, Forgotten Life here. I am the author of Reborn In Naruto as Madara's Grandson. This is my latest work. It will be a slow pace story. There will be 3 chapters per week for now.

Comment down your thoughts and suggestions. If you like my work and want to support me then checkout my pat reon.

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

3