Chapter 60
102 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the roar of the voice, an oppressive force rushes out of the screen like a tidal wave.

Not this crushing force again!

It’s … it’s even worse than when Duke Ambrose and Doctor Nina unleashed their mana!

I can’t breathe … I can’t …!

The people in the courtroom are writhing in agony. Not only them. Everyone around the world who is witnessing Memoria feels like their very soul is being crushed under the overwhelming force.

Ashton, are you holding up? What in heaven’s name is going on?!

Nina… This intensity… Argh! It’s unbearable, even for us! What is going on inside the memory? Who could wield such immense strength?”

My head is splitting apart … Judge! We’re going to die—do something! Judge Prescott!

… Very well.

Bang!

With the strike of the judge’s hammer, the excruciating pressure is suddenly cut off.

The audience in the gallery is gasping for air. Their faces are ashen and cold sweat drenches their backs. Some even vomit onto the person next to them.

Tessa—no! Don’t you dare puke on me again! I swear, if you do I—

Master—gulp—I’m sorry, I can’t hold it. I’m going to … Barf!

Tessaaa!

As the Devil in the current day is being defiled by Lady Tessa Tate’s breakfast, the Devil within the memory is still bearing the brunt of the crushing pressure.

“It can’t be! How can this young realm house a higher being?!”

“Abominable Hate-runner! Detestable worm!”

The faceless voice echoes from all directions. The stardust floating around is now shining brightly, as if responding to the voice.

“How dare you set foot in this place!”

“Run! I need to get out of this place! Freckles, we need to move now!”

“Ms. Eleanor? Run? Where?” Oddly, the young Donna Day doesn’t appear to be in pain. She only has confusion on her face.

“I don’t care, just move your damn legs, girl!”

Donna starts running in a random direction. She moves her legs as fast as she can as the Devil is screaming incoherently in her ears. In her senseless rant, she keeps repairing the words “Higher being, young realm, Gatekeepers, and God.” And the words she repeats the most are:

“I’m going to be arrested! Fuck me! Fuck my life! Fuck this shithole planet! Run, girl, run! Faster, or we’re toast!”

“Pant! Pant! … I’m sprinting as fast as I can, Miss.”

“Not fast enough. Here, let me do it!”

The Devil wrestles control of the body away from Donna. She strengthens the limbs and starts running on all four like a scared animal.

“What are you doing with my body, you blasphemer?!”

“Our body. If I die, you die. Now stop distracting me!”

The Devil and Donna argue as they run through the void. The Devil, feeling the pressure chasing her, decides to dash toward where the stars shine dimmest.

Eventually, she finds herself sprinting in complete darkness. With nothing to tell if she’s moving forward or in circles.

She keeps running until she spots a single golden star in the distance. But as she tries to reach it, her body crashes into an invisible wall and the wave of power is now upon her.

“You dare covet my beloved, Hate-runner? In my domain?!”

The voice booms, and Donna’s body is hoisted up into the air like a puppet.

The purple stars coalesce into a faceless, humanoid silhouette, radiating like the sun. Its scorching hand reaches for the girl’s throat.

“To think I was being lenient with you … No more! I will rip your abominable soul to shreds and scatter it into the dimensional void, Hate-runner!”

“Gasp! Wait, wait, I didn’t aim for your beloved or whatever. It’s a misunderstanding, okay?! Argh! I’m telling you, it’s a misunderstanding!”

“No more lies!”

The mysterious figure reaches his power into Donna’s body and tries to forcefully separate the Devil from her heart.

Donna Day writhes in pain.

“Free the child, Hate-runner!”

“I … can’t … She’ll … die …”

The figure wrenches the Devil from Donna’s heart, causing the girl to crumple as her heartbeat stops.

He casts a healing spell to revive her, but it has no effect.

“What have you done to the child?” the figure says to the red goo in its hand.

“I told you … she’ll die without me …”

“What did you do?!”

“Nothing! Nothing! She was already dead and I—”

“... Necromancy.”

The Devil gulps even without a throat.

“A hate-runner who practices necromancy. I wonder how the Gatekeepers would react to your flippant disregard of the Universal Laws, Lady Eleanor Ambrose—or should I say … Lady Amelia Ambrose.”

“S-so you know my name. What’s the big deal? What, you’ve been stalking me or something, starboy?”

The figure’s grip tightens.

“Do not test me, Hate-runner. My patience is running thin.”

“What are … What are you going to do about it, huh? Call the Gatekeepers? Aren’t you afraid they’re going to arrest you as well?”

“Arrest me? For what reason, exactly?”

“For trespassing in a lower realm! For … for bringing your full power down here without using an avatar!”

“Trespassing?” The figure chuckles before it becomes a roaring, thunderous laughter.

“W-what so funny, starboy?!”

“You truly are ignorant, aren’t you, Amelia Ambrose? You don’t even know who I am.”

“Should I?”

The figure shakes his head and then looks down at the collapsed Donna Day. The remnants of the Devil within her cells are fighting tooth and nail to keep her alive.

“The child is not living, yet she’s not quite dead either. Your powers are truly fascinating. Tell me, Hate-runner, what is your true essence? Are you a demon? An immortal? Or something else entirely?”

“Didn’t your momma tell you to introduce yourself before asking a lady’s name?”

“Huh! I figured you already know my name, considering you’ve been running around proclaiming yourself to be my priestess.”

“So you are …”

“I am!”

The voice resounds, and a new wave of power emanates from the screen. Unlike the prior oppressive force, this energy is benevolent… radiant… holy.

In that instant, every soul on Earth recognizes the luminous being as their Lord … their God … Ceram.

7