Chapter 12
426 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, how old is Amelia again?

Weren’t you paying attention? She’s eleven when she drops Julius off. He’s eight, by the way.

Kyaa! Young Julius is already so handsome! I want to bite his ear off!

Me too!

Wait… you mean a nine year old kid cured the plague and revolutionized medicine? How?

What do you mean how? You saw it.

Yeah, and I don’t believe it!

So she only has fourteen years left to commit all her atrocities? This is going to be fun.

I wonder when she’ll break her no murder code. It’s gotta be soon, yeah?

Ought to be. She has access to mana now, so nobody should be safe. What would you guys do if you could suck people’s mana like a vampire sucks blood?

I’d attack random villagers to stock up my mana reserve then aim for bigger fishes as I go along.

I’d suck people dry and make them know it’s me. That’s gotta be a good way to gain hate.

Makes sense. Two birds with one stone. Then can somebody explain to me why she’s not doing that?! Woman, why the hell are you only taking a meager amount of mana from strangers, huh?! Aren’t you a villain?! Act like one!

I-I didn’t know how much would kill a person so…

Bet her time in White Creek made her soft.

Hey, stop bullying my mama! She’ll toughen up, just you see!

Correct! My baby girl will grow up to be the greatest villain the world has ever seen!

Uh, guys… are we supposed to be encouraging that? Judge?

The past is set in stone, we’re only witnessing it.

Shh! Everybody quiet down, I’m trying to hear what she’s saying.

“Ah, after so long, I’m finally back on track. No annoying plague. No brat to pull me down. It’s time to start grinding and make some real dough! Mwahaha! Hahaha haha! Cough! Cough! Fuck, I still have to deal with this shi— Cough! Cough! Cough!”

Amelia coughs blood and then leans on a tree to catch her breath. Her Silver Blood seems to get worse after she exposed herself to the Blue Plague.

“Huh… Let’s head south.”

Amelia in her Doctor August form visits a nearby village to buy a map and supplies. She — or he — runs into a traveling merchant who’s traveling down south himself, so he tags along. The ride is bumpy and the merchant and his wife never shut up.

“Ah, sir doctor, have you ever been to Lilac Mountain before, eh? Best wine in the world is grown there! One sip and everything else tastes like toilet water!”

“No. I’m heading for Sangria.”

“Bah, Sangria! Evil city, na! No good. Cutthroats and pirates live there. Lilac’s better. Many rich people.”

“Oh? How rich are we talking about?”

“Very rich! Noblemen and bigwig mages vacation there! Even a doctor like you!”

“Interesting… and where is this Lilac Mountain?”

“Not far! North-west!”

“Forget it.”

The merchant cart travels for several days until they spot a crashed carriage on the side of the road. The merchant and his wife argue with each other.

“What’s wrong?”

“My wife! She is crazy! Tells me to stop and help people. I tell her it’s a bandit trap. She wouldn’t listen! Stupid, na.”

“Bandits? Interesting.”

Doctor August hops down the cart onto the dirt road.

“Hey! Where’s my money? Stowaway!”

August smiles as he feeds on the merchant’s anger. He sneaks closer to the carriage, but he doesn’t see any bandits, only the evidence of a struggle.

“Hmm… This carriage was hit by magic. The mark is new. The horses are dead. There’s blood and signs of struggle, but no bodies.”

Wait, the symbol on that carriage belongs to…!

Hey, no spoilers!

Oh, boy. Here we go again.

Fuck this shit! You wake me up when the killing starts! Devil, my ass. You’re a disappointment! You hear me, woman?! A goddamn disappointment to all mustache-twirling villains everywhere!

Somebody… just let me die…

Doctor August follows the tracks into the woods. He soon comes across a man lying dead with a saber in his hand. He wears all black with a wound in his stomach. August smiles and… eats the man whole!? N-no… absorbs his body and assumes his form. The monster in disguise runs his fingers along the sharp blade while smiling. He runs forward to the sound of struggle ahead.

Two groups of men are battling each other. One in dark suits and the other in soldier uniforms. A girl in an expensive dress sits on the ground, watching the killing unfold.

The soldiers have the upper hand. Most men in black lay dead, and only one remains.

“Well, well, well, it wouldn’t be murder if they attack me first. Ha! Hahaha!

The last man in black is about to be cut down when Amelia jumps in front of him and parries the blade.

“You… you’re still alive…? Ugh!”

The man in black collapses from his wounds. Amelia aims her… his? —sword at the five standing soldiers.

“Hand me the girl and nobody gets hurt, soldier boys. Or don’t, I prefer to cut you limb from limb. Hahahaha!”

The man Amelia parried rushes at her. She uses magic to repel his weapon away and cuts his arm clean off. The man screams and clutches his stump. Amelia licks her lips and grins evilly at the other soldiers.

“Who’s next? You? You? You? Or you?”

A man shoots a fireball at her. She dodges it and throws her sword at his stomach. She doesn’t wait to see him go down but extends her nails and rushes at the three remaining men. She pounces on one like a leopard and slices his face off, then somersaults across the air to tear the other two apart. All five soldiers are dead.

“Ahh… now this is the high I’ve been waiting for! It feels so good to be bad.”

She retracts her nails and then turns to look at the two remaining people. The girl looks at her with an ashen face as the man in black tries to say something.

Amelia kneels beside him.

“How did you… Cough! It… It doesn’t matter… finish the job… finish… Cough! Cough! Cough!”

“Sir knight!”

The girl cries and runs to the dying man.

“Sir knight! Get a hold of yourself! Y-you’ll be fine… Sob! I-I’ll heal you and…”

“…Princess…”

“I secretly learned a few spells. That’s why…”

“Princess… it’s alright… you’re going to be alright… Cough! B… boy… it’s up to you now… finish the job… keep her s… a…f…”

The knight guard passes away and the princess cries for him. At the same time… our villain just realizes she made a grave mistake.

15