Chapter 43
271 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eleanor heads straight for the Central Node after leaving the classroom. This time, she summons a mysterious red energy in her palm. Perhaps it’s hatred actualized. She sends it to the giant purple crack when nobody’s watching then closes her eyes to concentrate as her power analyzes the crack. Sweat drips down her forehead and blood bleeds from her nose.

She opens her eyes and clicks her tongue.

“At the rate it’s going, this thing won’t last twenty years. Okay, okay, there’s enough time for me to collect hate energy and escape from this realm before the collapse. Then the GateKeepers will show up, fix the crack, and everything will be hunky dory. No harm done. But… if something else gets in first… some higher beings who are attracted to young realms that can’t defend themselves… Fuck! Why can’t anything be easy!?”

Eleanor visits Professor Declan’s office.

“Good afternoon, my lord. Is something the matter?”

“Declan, tell me everything you know about Orlando Oak.”

“Professor Oak? Ah, yes, he’s a good colleague of mine. Charismatic. Hard-working. If he were a decade older he’d be a contender for the headmaster position. His material synthesizer is quite the revolutionary invention. In fact, the council is in the process of reviewing his proposal to—”

“I need you to ruin his career.”

“I’m sorry!?”

“His work is too dangerous and must be destroyed at all costs. You either convince him to stop what he’s doing or I’ll see to it… personally.”

Eleanor’s eyes are crimson red and her teeth turn to razor sharp fangs. Declan turns stiff. He swallows his saliva and says,

“My lord, as an educator, that is a serious offense you’ve ordered me to do. May I ask why?”

“You don’t need to know. Just do it!”

Declan closes his eyes and bows.

“...Yes, lord. It will be done.”

Damn, is the so-called Dimensional Rift really that dangerous?

Poor Professor Oak. He didn’t do nothing wrong. Why they gotta do him dirty like that?

Wait, Umber Tower and Mellow Bay were wiped off the map! Could this be the reason why!?

It could be… But this whole scenario could also be total bullshit, created to absolve the devil of guilt. So who knows?

Is there really no way for us to know for sure?

Nina?

Wait a bit longer, Ashton. I won’t let either of them lie themselves out of it.

Either of them?

Doctor Nina Norris grins and captures Knight Carter Cage in her eyes.

That boy is a better liar than her, I’ll give him that. But the heart can’t lie. Not when I’m here. Fufufu!

Eleanor meets up with Princess Grace who excitedly tells Eleanor about her magic lessons and that she saw Carter’s class run around in the field all day.

“Seriously, I don’t think they even took a lunch break! I bet they’re still training right now.”

“That’s what they signed up for, your highness.”

“Maybe I should go cheer him on. Maybe bring a wet towel to wipe his hot… gulp! sweaty body.”

Grace cups her red cheeks and twists around like shrimp.

“Do as you wish, your highness. I’ll be returning to the villa.”

“Oh no, you’re not! I’m not letting you out of my sight, in case you’re planning to burn this school to the ground, Adrian! You’ve already wrecked my castle. I’m not going to let you ruin the romantic school life of my dream as well!”

I applaud your intuition, your highness. You were spot-on on this one.

Thank you, Mina. But look at what good that did. Sigh… Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Princess Grace drags Eleanor to the training field. But by the time they’re there, Carter is happily chatting with a strawberry-haired girl while drying his face with a clean towel. Carter notices the two approaching and turns to greet them.

“Hey, Grace, Eleanor, what are you guys doing out here?”

“Carter…? W-well I… I just thought… I was going to… Who is this woman?!”

Grace points at the girl beside him. The girl turns around, and… it’s that girl who fought with Eleanor.

“Oh, this? Let me introduce you, this is Donna Day. We met on the way to Mellow Bay. Donna, this is my benefactor Lady Eleanor and her friend Grace.”

Oh… Carter has no idea Grace is the princess, has he?

I was wondering how he acts so casually around her.

Carter explains that he and Donna were on the same carriage ride to Mellow Bay and they became acquainted. But his words fade into the background as the three young ladies scowl at each other. Grace grinds her teeth at Donna. Donna looks at Eleanor with an uneasy expression. And Eleanor keeps a blank face.

“...She’s really the Silver Angel…? How can that…”

“Eleanor, Donna here said she’s a fan of yours. She’s also a priestess. Isn’t that awesome!?”

“Perhaps.”

“I’m not a priestess yet, Mr. Carter. There’s still a long way before I pass the temple’s qualifications.”

“That’s okay, Eleanor’s also still in training. Isn’t that right?”

“Maybe.”

“Ms. Eleanor… if you don’t mind my asking… which church do you belong to? I myself came from the Indigo Convent in the north.”

“None.”

“…Perhaps you’re a disciple of the main branch itself?”

“Disciple? Ha! Eleanor doesn’t need to do something like that. She’s already far superior to any other priests in the capital. Even the Archpriest is jealous of her god-given talent!”

Princess Grace crosses her arms and scoffs.

“B-but that’s…”

Donna swallows the word ‘heresy.’ She stands there, not knowing what to say.

Grace smirks at Donna’s reaction. She turns to tell Carter to take care of himself and depart with Eleanor.

As Grace pushes the wheelchair, Eleanor notices an intense hatred aiming at her. She looks around, expecting to see Xander stalking her. But instead of the sleepy blonde, she sees a stranger watching her from a faraway window before disappearing.

“Curiouser… Curiouser…”

15