Chapter 47
234 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knight Carter, what is the meaning of this?!

You knew? This whole time—you knew about the devil’s secret?

Knight Carter, explain yourself!

Huh! What is there to explain? It is clearly a false vision, created by the devil to taint my, and Saint Eleanor’s honor!

So you claim that event never took place?

Yes. How moronic must you all be to think otherwise? Open your eyes, people! Adrian Acker is a liar and a murderer. Everything he has shown you is a perversion of history. I say we put an end to this charade and end his miserable life for good!

Yeah, kill the devil!

The devil is not our saint! He’s a two-bit liar!

No, she’s Eleanor! She’s Amelia! She’s Doc August and so much more!

She’s our angel!

He’s the devil!

What the hell is even the truth?!

The courtroom erupts into a scene of chaos with people shouting and screaming at each other. And at the center of it all is Knight Carter and the defendant soundlessly glaring at each other.

Nina, it’s time.

Very well. If sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch can’t be believed… then the heart is the only way to communicate the truth to these people. Starting with…

Nina glances at the way Carter and Amelia look at each other, and smiles

I’m sorry, my cute disciple, but I can’t let you throw your life away… Reveala!

(Alright! My words hold a lot of weight. I knew playing the quiet badass type would pay off one day!)

(Yes, it’s working! Their opinion of me is finally turning around! I can even feel hatred pouring in! Thank you, Terri!)

(Shhh! Not so loud, Ella! They’ll hear you!)

(Hear what? I’m not saying any… thing…?)

Terri?

Ella?

(Nina! Damn that stalker bitch! Don’t think! Don’t think! Don’t let anyone know Terri is part of—Damn it!)

(Don’t let them know I’m lying through my teeth to get them to hate you again right, Ella? Oops!)

You guys are hearing this too?

…Yup.

(Teeerri!)

(I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to reveal that I’m your accomplice and the whole subjugation event was bullshit. Oops!)

T-the entire thing?

Even the part where I stormed a badass skull castle to save the kidnapped princess? Uhh…never mind…

Amelia and Carter are panicking as their inner thoughts are leaking out. Even Knight Carter who’s been keeping a poker face is losing his icy exterior.

(Terri, you’re ruining it! Fuck you, Nina! Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you! I hope you drown in your spit, you creepy stalker bitch!)

I missed you too, my cute disciple.

This is the devil and Knight Carter’s real thoughts?!

This can’t be real… But if an Elder is the one casting the spell then…

Wait, am I hearing mama’s inner voice right now? Mama! Mama, what do you really think about me?!

(I love you more than anything in the world, Julius! You’re so cute! So cute! So cute! If any harpy wants to lay a finger on my son, she’ll have to get through me!)

I knew it! Hear that Carter? And you said she was lying!

(I’m sorry, Julius. But Ella put me up to it. You don’t know how painful it is to condemn her to death after everything we went through together…)

So everything Memoria showed us is the truth? The Devil is actually Amelia, Eleanor, Julius’s mother, and more?

(Duh. Do you really believe a fake spell could fool my daddy, the most powerful mage on the planet?)

That… does make sense…

Hey, this is fun! Hey, devil! What’s your preferred name? In other words, which persona do you identify with the most?

(Amelia, duh, since mommy and daddy gave it to me. It’s why I mostly stick with A.A. Initials. But… I also think Ella is pretty cute. Makes me feel like Cinderella.)

Cinder…who?

Oh, Amelia… you hear that, Gil? She’s still our little girl… Sob!

M-master, if I may ask… D-do you actually enjoy b-bullying me?

(Of course, I do! Hearing you cry is one of the joys of life, Tessa!)

M-master… Hic… why… are you so… Hic! mean to me?! Whaaaa!

(Ah, music to my ears.)

Wait! The spell is also affecting Saint Carter, so that means… Saint Carter, who are you in love with?! Is it the princess? Tell us, tell us!

(The one I’m in love with… The one I’m in love with is…)

(Don’t you dare say it, Terri! Nina, you stalking bitch, cancel this spell right this instant!)

(I’m sorry, Ella. But I can’t stop myself from revealing the fact that… that…)

Go on, out with it!

Oh my god, the anticipation is killing me!

What about Amelia? She had so many personas—surely she met someone. Maybe a man? A woman? Some other flesh-eating monster she met on the road?

(T-that is… I’m…)

Alright, children, that’s quite enough. We don’t want to spoil all the fun. Fufufu!

Dr. Nina Norris snaps her fingers, dispelling the Reveala spell.

So there you have it—the truth straight from the horses’ mouths. Or do you people also doubt my integrity?

W-we don’t dare, Great Elder!

I’ll get you back for this, you stalker bitch!

Like how you’d get back at the judge, my cute disciple? Did you manage to get your revenge after all these years, or were you too distracted by going around saving people?

Tch! I did no such thing! Tell them, Terri! Tell them how evil I’ve been!

A-heh heh heh… I gave it my best shot, Ella. But I kinda used up my remaining goodwill…

Knight Carter scratches his head as Duke Ambrose and Knight Julius glare at him accusingly.

So… whatever will be, will be?

Amelia groans and bangs her head on the defendant’s table.

Sigh… I don’t care anymore… Wake me up when the GateKeepers come down to arrest me.

16