Chapter 37: An Intruder
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moments before Michael’s death, Caspian, who continued to watch them from afar, claimed that Michael’s death was ensured the moment he fell to Athena’s trap. He was watching from the roof and was searching for a certain someone. Seeing that the person he was looking for wasn’t coming, he decided to interfere, since he also noticed how Yve’s life was on the line.

From the heights, he jumped down. Taking Yve away before creating distance. Caspian then casted a spell making the young demon fall sleep. He decided to do so, thinking it would be wrong for him to let her watch as Michael fall from the hands of an Angel. With only the two of them left behind, he made sure to hold his ground as Athena came closer. After closing the distance between them, she reached out to Yve, who was asleep in his arms. To her surprise, Caspian dodges her and turns around. Slowly, she lowered her hand before speaking.

Athena: It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

Hearing her annoyed him somehow, he then scoffed as he walked away. But to his surprise, he stops himself after listening to Athena, who said:

Athena: Even in such a disguise, your light shines bright

I remember… Son of the Snake

It has been a while since he heard that name. But hearing it from Athena herself had changed its meaning. He then looked up and watched as the stars shined, before hearing someone coming. Knowing well of who it was, he sighed deeply and looked back.

Caspian: This, isn’t Lichtenstein –

Just know that I’ll be watching

Athena: Old habits die hard

He surrendered Yve before disappearing without a trace. Now, Montana finally is at ease, with Yve presently in her arms as she cried out of happiness. Upon their return to the palace, she was greeted by someone who she didn’t expect, The Second. He was sitting on top of the railing of the main staircase, waiting for her return. Thinking that it was something urgent, Leo excused himself, having offered to take the lead in their investigation. Montana knew of what he was thinking and nodded her head in respect, and gave him permission to do so. Afterwards, Leo left and as soon as she turned around and spoke, Athena had already disappeared and stepped forward. This surprised Montana as she watched her stop just in front of the Second. There was a silence that came upon the two, a silence that the boy decided to break by asking:

The Second: …I – erm…

I-is there something wrong, Your Grace?

Athena: How cute –

She couldn’t help but notice his new appearance, a style which really brought out the beauty of his long hair. It was similar to the way she dressed one of her maids, Honey. She then continued to speak, asking who was in charge of their fashion design. Montana, who saw this, finally had enough and stepped forward, taking Athena away while making up an excuse for them to talk. After dragging her to the living room, she asks her to sit down.

Athena: What is it your Highness?

Montana: We have to talk about something…

That person… Isn’t what you think he is

Upon hearing her words, Athena felt the mood change into a serious one. She turned her head, facing the boy once again. The Second, who saw this, tried his best to avoid her gaze. Athena then faces Montana, who also looked at the boy the same moment she did. She then leans forward making Montana, who thought she was going to whisper something, do the same.

Athena: Is she a girl?

A short silence came upon them before they burst out of laughter. They continued to chat until the Second came and excused himself. 

The Second: Your Grace, Your Highness…

I wish to speak to the Princess alone

Athena: Very well… Take your time darling

The Second:  [D-darling?]

Montana: What is it?

 The Second: Ohh, uh… Eherm, earlier…

We were attacked by something

Montana: ‘Someone’ I see your studies are doing well

The Second:  They separated in groups of two

And one of em got to ‘that room’

Oeberon: I see you’ve returned Princess

When Oeberon entered the room, he changed the mood instantly and the way they both looked at each other made Montana uneasy. Before the staring contest gets any longer, she decides to break the two off.

Montana: Eherm… Luciel!

Luciel: Wh-what?!

I told you not to call me by name!

Oeberon: Mind your words, boy

Luciel: Huh? [whats with this old man]

Montana: Uncle~ Please let it slide

He is just a boy, He’s still learni –

Luciel: Hey, who’re you calling b-

He stopped, realizing that Montana was only trying to cover for him. He knew of the responsibilities of the contract which was given to her by his brother, Ren. After a while, they finally got away. The Second, Luciel, asked if they could go to her room, where they would enter the Vision Realm. Montana asked him for what reason, the boy replied saying that it’d be better for him to show it. Upon realizing what he meant, she agreed and followed behind him.

The both of them managed to enter the realm, using a different spell to break the new seal. Without a moment to waste Ciel used his power, in line with the contract,  to share Montana his memory. The Vision Realm isn’t a place of power, or concealment. It was created to let the Travelers give their true ‘Vision’ to their chosen ones.

Like every other day, Luciel was reading a book aloud to Queen Elizabeth. She took on the role as his mentor to teach him their way of life and living. Suddenly, an explosion occurred, sending wild tremors across the Palace. Luciel still sensed it, even though his barrier kept them apart. Despite this, he continued to read, knowing that he should keep himself calm and collected while the Queen is by his side. Unexpectedly, someone came and bursts through the front door. Ciel was surprised to see the stranger, knowing well of the barrier that he set up to keep unwanted visitors away. Without hesitating, he casts a sound spell that separated him from the queen and created the illusion of him still reading the book to distract her. Once finished, he faced the invader and told him to leave. He laughed maniacally, believing Ciel to be only a boy, knowing the Queen was in front of him, he decided to strike.

Luciel: (scoffs) How stupid

The intruder charged at him, swinging his club forward. Ciel dodges with ease and gestures with his right hand, barely tapping the intruder who now was beside him. The intruder's body then became distorted, before exploding instantly into red petals. The flower of death, Luciel said. He claimed to have learned about it from a book. Another person came afterwards. However, this time it was Oeberon. He witnessed what happened and was shocked by the scene. While Luciel was disabling the spell, he fixed what the intruder had destroyed. While the boy was doing so, the general stepped forward and was shocked by the scene that followed. He discovered that upon trampling on one of the petals, a red liquid poured out of them, coating the floor and the soles of his boots.

Unexpectedly, Montana’s soul was pulled back, forcing her out of Luciel’s vision. She thought to herself how sudden it felt, which explained the look in her face. She was shocked but even more so confused. It was also the point when Luciel removed his fingers from her forehead. After seeing Montana’s reaction, Ciel finally confirmed the new contract to be true, and that it was already taken in effect. Montana asked the boy what the point was, for him to show her those memories. In the end, she never got the answer. Hearing the boy say the same thing over and over again irritated the Princess and for a moment, the two went silent, and due to this, Luciel was caught off guard with Montana’s sudden movement. Her ambush succeeded with his fall, giving her the chance to get a hold of his clothing. At that moment, Montana continued to attack and began pummeling the boy’s head.

Montana: You stupid li’l brat! You just wasted my time!

Luciel: HAGH- BUT IT WAS IMPORTAN-STOP IT

Montana: This lil-

Luciel: Ahk! Ow ow ow okay– okay stop, im sorry

…It hurts

Montana: Ugh… I don’t have time for this

I have matters to do, so bring me back

Luciel: …Its not like you took a while

Montana turns her head, thinking of what he meant. Thinking that she should just move on, she turns her back on the boy, telling him of to go back to reality. But to her surprise, he wasn’t answering. This annoyed her, thinking he was ignoring her again. She tried to speak as she turns around, only to notice the boy who seemed to be in a trance. She called out to him, but Luciel never replied. So, she got near him and grabbed him by the shoulder.

Montana: What’re you doing?!

Luciel: Ohh uhh yeah –

What were you saying again?

The Princess snobs as she began to rant. Seeing him not reacting only fueled her rage. But to her surprise, he finally moved and grabbed her by her wrist. She was confused as to why he was acting so unusual, but he didn’t answer, only saying that they had to go. After returning to the place where they entered, they held hands and Luciel instructed her to cast the spell to bring them back.

Only then did Montana realize that she was the one who held the power, to go back to Reality because of the new contract. She then casted a spell when Luciel suddenly left her touch. She opened her eyes but just before she could even look, the boy shouts, telling her to keep her eyes closed and focus on casting the spell. Hearing the change in his tone worried her, but with enough persuasion, she listened and continued to study the spell. With only the last word left to cast the spell, she calls out to Luciel. As soon as he came in touch with her, she casted the spell and brought them back to reality. Back on the other side, Luciel’s body fell on top of Montana, causing the both of them to lose balance. Now that they were back, she thought that it was safe to open her eyes.

Montana: Hck! Y-you idio –

She stops when she saw Luciel’s injured body. Out of shock, she calls out to him and asked what happened. To her surprise, Luciel answered, saying how grateful he was that she was alright. This surprised her, for she didn’t expect to hear those words from him. She then carried him carefully and brought him to Dain. Dain was so surprised to see him in that state that he had forgotten of Yve’s presence, who was with him, studying.

Yve: W-what happened?

0