Kain the battle Junkie
286 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Count me in."

Everyone stared at the first person who raised his right arm, as they didn't expect that a young warrior would voluntarily accept the mandatory mission without complaining or showing fear.

"What are you looking at me for?"

Kain, one of the three strongest and most famous warriors in Arunan City, raised his hand first, looking at everyone in the Tavern in confusion.

He was a famous warrior because of his bloodline ability, and had beaten the third-ranked warrior in a fair duel. Kain was also known as a battle junkie who loved to fight strong people; he even fought the top one warrior, but to his surprise, the top one he was fighting against was a two-star level with a bloodline ability.

Kain was beaten black and white, but this did not deter his fighting spirit. After recovering and learning the top one warrior was in the tavern, he immediately ran and declared to duel him again to see who was the strongest, but the result was him being dragged away by the companion of the top one unconscious with a black eye as he lost again.

After all, he was only a one-star-level (4-sublevel) warrior; the gap in rank and bloodline ability was too great.

"Well, he's recovered already, huh?" Gord said

"Hahaha, he is the third in rank in the tavern after all, so his injuries can heal up fast,

Unlike an ordinary warrior, he is also a rare star rank and bloodline user, so what do you expect? Hahaha."Baku said, looking at Kain in the distance with a smile on his face.

"Uncle, do you think  Kain  will challenge our top one again?

If so, it will be a big scoop!"

The kid asked curiously and mischievously to gord.

"Nope, not this time, too bad for the House  Atkin. Our top one and his companions were just hired as escorts by a merchant yesterday, so  Kain  could only wait."

Zion observed the situation as he looked at the people who were raising their right hands enthusiastically and talking about their team's plans for the mission.

But there are still some people who didn't accept the mission because they knew their strength wasn't enough to fight a monster tide.

Looking at the armored huge man in front, not forcing anyone to take the mission, as he also knew that not all the warriors in the tavern are real and experienced, you can say some of the warriors are just herb gatherers or finders for the people in the city that are commissioned to find items and herbs.

These people are just of F rank; they don't have the strength to fight monsters and are ordinary people who accept simple missions.

He knew too well how the tavern works, as he was also a warrior in the tavern three years ago before house Atkin recruited him and made him an official knight who pledged his alliance and honor to fight solely for house Atkin.

After enough observation, Zion raised its right hand to accept the mission, as the huge armored man was counting the people who had signed and accepted the mission. After thirty minutes of discussion and finalizing the warriors, the huge armored man finally ended the recruitment of warriors.

"Alright, all fifty warriors should be at the south gate in two hours,

We will give you an hour to prepare what you need, and after two hours, whether you are at the south gate or not, we will immediately leave."

The huge armored man left the tavern without any expression as he was followed by two soldiers on his back.

"Hey, you're new here, right?"

Kain  walked forward as he saw Zion stand up from his seat, ready to leave.

Zion smiled and raised his hands for a shake with Kain. "Yes, I'm new here. The assistant innkeeper told me about this place yesterday when I stayed for a night."

"I see, haha.

Then I welcome you to Arunan City, my friend. Too bad, it looks like I will have to accommodate and tell my tale of adventure to you if I have time. But because of the mission I need to prepare, well, see you, my friend! Hahaha"

Kain  pats Zion's shoulder while laughing before running out of the tavern.

"What a friendly and easy-going guy," Zion shook his head and walked forward, as he was also going to buy some equipment to protect his body during this hour of preparation.

"Hey uncle, do you know that guy, brother  Kain  patted his shoulder of?"

"Hmnn, I don't think so. He may be a new guy in the city.

Well too bad that battle  junkie  Kain  personality, there's a chance he will force that guy to listen to his tale of adventure of losing to the number one warrior  again, haha."

"Pff  haha, uncle  gord  it's  a high probability you are right, but too bad we won't see it because brother Kain  will go too mission haha."

"Well, I saw that guy will go too, so he won't really escape that battle junkie, hahaha,"  Gord  said to the kid patting the table before standing up.

"Well  to  bad I can't see it,

uncle, are you going to prepare too?

Well good luck. When you come back, I will give you some good information. Bye, bye."

The kid ran away, as he knew this  Uncle  Gord  of his and didn't want to pester the duo's preparation for the incoming mission.

Bam... Zion walks away from the tavern after asking where he could buy good equipment.

To be continued;)

If you like the story, could you throw in some likes and reviews.  Thank you for reading the story.

4