Chapter 8 – The Test Begins! For Real!
186 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The audience quietened, not a sound but of the wind. There was a distinct lack of musical instruments for this dance, a creatively bold choice. The dancers took their position in alternating rows as their pastel blue robes flowed like water around their figures. The nicer dressed folk began to murmur amongst themselves.

 

"A team?"

 

"This will be interesting."

 

"What does Healing Water Academy think of this decision?"

 

Someone asked a black haired man whose scent of sweet herbs and cool water was overwhelming everyone else's with ease.

 

He simply closed his eyes and smiled, taking a deep breath, responding,

 

"Though the crafting process is tricky, it does at the core of it, favour teamwork. But a shame, we are yet to perfect such methods... Maybe this so-called dance will be of enlightenment to us."

 

Nods and murmurs of approval rippled through as they continued,

 

"Yes, senior speaks wisely."

 

"He better do so, the Healing Water's reputation is already besmirched."

 

His eye twitched as his jaw clenched but he remained silent, keeping his gaze locked on the dancers. They felt an uneasy aura upon them, looking around concerned. The black haired man shook his head, taking a deep breath. Now calm, he chided himself internally on possibly affecting his future students' performance.

 

The eyes of the dancers peered through their masks, a determined and calm look in them. They looked at each other and then nodded, immediately throwing their arms up in the air, water spouting from the ground and rising high, spraying a fine mist all around them. The audience oohed and aahed at the thundering water as it spouted for a couple seconds before the dancers brought their hands back down towards their chests, making a wave-like motion. 

 

The water responded in like, becoming one big ring that encircled the dancers as they continued their move, now spinning on the spot. The ring of clear blue water accelerated as it swished and swirled, becoming clearer and precise, it’s motion being near lucid.

 

"Such a wonderful display!"

 

"They have near-perfect, nay, that is perfect control!"

 

"Not to forget, they are cooperating with each other."

 

"A group of this size, with such proficiency..."

 

The man's eyes widened a bit, his heart felt excited as the dancers continued. This was an experience he had no intention of skipping over. Then the dancers all jumped at the same time, the water ring immediately devolving into thinner rings that flew up and twirled around, no longer restricted to their horizontal plane. Heads of the many craned upwards, a reflected glint in their eyes as their breaths shook at the astounding display of grace, stability and teamwork.

 

"What beauty..."

 

"What grace..."

 

"Surely, this is proof enough of their training."

 

"It surely is."

 

The black haired man's lips were tightly shut, his entire being enamoured by the display as his eyes followed the various rings. Two old men to his side simply harrumphed.

 

"This is nothing."

 

"My blinded granddaughter can do better."

 

He shot them a glaring look before chiding himself again for missing parts of the dance. The dancers then kneeled and twisted their upper bodies like an oar, the rings now floating over the audience itself, passing through, a fine mist breezing past underneath. The children shrieked with joy and laughter as some were lifted by their parents to touch the rings. The path of the rings remained unbroken as the dancers then pounded the ground with their arms and feet.

 

The rings of water instantly exploded, completely transforming into a fine mist. Rainbows appeared everywhere as the sunlight pierced through the veil of water. Many approving nods and blinks went through, the people taking in a fresh breath. 

 

Completely resolute in his conviction, the black haired man stood up and began to walk towards the Royal Academy representative who had a puzzled look on their face.

 

He approached their seats and then bowed his head.

 

"Senior Student Galamod of Medicinal Waters greets respected elders of the Royal Academy."

The black robed man nodded his head, stroking his blond beard as he exchanged a look with his veiled companion.

 

"How may we help you, Galamod?”

 

The black haired man took a deep breath, his fists clenched tightly behind his back.

 

"If respected elders wouldn't mind it, the Medicinal Waters would like to take in the performers of this mesmerizing dance."

 

The black robed man smiled. It was true that talent such as this was hard to come by, given their exceptional teamwork and coordination... but their unit was simply that, a unit. Their results were achieved not through a 'cheat' art or innate talent but hard work and pouring their sweat and blood into perfecting each other, picking up where one slacked, holding each other accountable. This was teamwork at its finest. 

 

Something the Royal Academy had no lack of.

 

"The Royal Academy will let the Medicinal Waters have these dancers."

 

The black haired man sighed, a sense of relief filling him.

 

"I, Galamod, is utmost thankful and humbled by the Royal Academy's generosity. We of the Medicinal Waters are grateful to be of service to the Sevrein Kingdom."

 

He raised his head, continuing,

 

"And if respected elders permit, we would utmost wish to present you with our Eighth Rank Water Breaker Pills, for your unending generosity."

 

The aura of the black robed man shifted and changed, ever variable. No one could make out whether he was angry or joyous at this moment. The pressure returned on Galamod, who gulped the lump in his throat. In the next moment, the veiled woman spoke up, 

 

"We accept this gift of the Medicinal Waters. And we give thanks."

 

Galamod was numbed for a moment, the aura completely dissipating. He hurriedly brought out his hand, a rather intricately carved and shaped bottle of ocean blue jewel. It was hefty, filled with Water Breaker Pills, as told, of Eighth Rank. Some were even higher but nothing beyond the True Ninth. With the interaction having ended, Galamod bowed his head as he took his seat again, mumbling to himself,

 

"Turning ground water into Second Rank Healing Water... unbelievable..."

 

The rest of the seniors’ eyes widened as their strained ears heard his words. The performance was there and happening, no tricks upon their eyes. The dancers got together again, linking their hands with each other and forming a circle. 

 

They spun round and round, getting faster and bigger before they raised their arms once again, water spouting from the center of the ground with a loud crack as it reached nearly a hundred feet in height. Everyone looked upwards, eagerly awaiting the imminent splash.

 

Arms dropped to their sides and instantly, the spout of water began to free fall all around them, like heavy rain, drenching the ground and spraying the audience with some water. Some disgruntled grunts went up but they were quickly overtaken by the joyous laughter and clapping from the children.

 

"This... This is even purer!"

 

"I feel so refreshed!"

 

"What luck graced us to be here this day!"

 

"This is definitely Second Rank."

 

"You fool! This is obviously their best shot. It is... a True Third!"

 

"A bunch of trainees making a True Third Rank solution in such quantity? I refuse!"

 

What nonsense... Just ask the Medicinal Waters."

 

"Yeah, ask the Medicinal waters.”

 

Galamod stood in disbelief. While the seniors chattered and argued between themselves of the quality of this solution, he simply outstretched his hand, the droplets moistening his fingers. He blinked his eyes a couple times, as if he wasn't sure he was sensing it right before he spoke his deduction, putting an end to all chatter,

 

"True Fourth Rank... Mortal Revival."

2