Trapped In Zero-Point Space – 17 – One By One, Two By Two, And Likely Three By Three As Well
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, as you all know, or I would hope, some of you, being a conduit doesn’t feel all that bad, in fact it feels pretty natural.  As long as what your channeling it flowing through you and not merely into you, it’s not a problem. It can feel like your in the zone.  Experiencing perfection, in touch with the universe.  All that.

And of course, the conduit doesn’t concern itself with where the flow is going too.

That’s a drawback to utilizing telempathic cybernetics to allow different species and forms of consentience to communicate across the various universal communication barriers.  After all, once everyone knows how to talk to each other, they can know how they feel about each other, and what they’d like to do to each other.  It removes the sort of boundaries any sort of natural and evolutionary developments would preclude.

It can be a vulnerability, but not the sort of thing you expected to have problems with in the middle of nowhere in a Dark Cluster.  No one expects there to be intelligent forces floating about looking for some stimulation, looking to stir the pot, looking to create a little action.

You see, most species have an understandable interest in sex.  Also, most species are interested in violence..  These sorts of primal activities are pretty much universe-wide, as I have learned.

And when faced with a being that has substantial curiosity over all sorts of activity, everything is fair game.  And apparently this meant when they interacted with the Siliconoids and they became part of the network and then this moved on to the station's biomechanical control systems which were also vulnerable to the needs and wants of a normal biological creature’s state.

Needless to say, this became a problem.  Not that I noticed anything immediately, as I mentioned, most of this, quite literally went over my head, or through it to be more precise. I really only started to notice when the actual physical violence began.  At first, I just thought it was when Blueneck and Because started knocking each other about.  I was aware of them going at it, tentacle to whatever for a few moments then turned back to my work trance only thinking: hmm… that was interesting. What could have possibly provoked that?  They seemed so chummy just a little while before.

Now, at this point, I just thought they were reenacting their own transmitted experience, a little physical demonstration.  But after the medicvac was call in to do some somewhat serious repairs on their bodies then I became a little more suspicious of what was happening..

“I’m comin’ back for you,” Blueneck shouted at me as he was forcibly confined to a medical unit.  I could only stare as his bloodied and waving tentacular limbs were restrained by the unit’s robotic arms.

Me?  I pointed at myself as my coworker twisted against his bonds safely beyond my protective force field.

“You can *blank**blank*count on it,” he called back as they took him away. “I’m gonna *blank**blank*you, then I’m going to *blank**blank*you and into your *blank*then through your*blank*.”

It occurred to me then, it might be a good idea to shut the porthole.  But it was already too late.  On the other hand, Blueneck didn’t return, so I wasn’t threatened again.  I was also somewhat out of work too, so I was a bit lacking in motivation to act one way or another.

Soon after, the SIliconoids stopped showing up.  When I checked with the computer system it became both alternately abusive and suggestive.  Seriously, I thought, even the computer system? It was willing to show me what they were up to.  I managed to handle a few moments before telling it to cut it out.

Apparently the Siliconoids were having their idea of a good time, which couldn’t have been good for the intergalactic corporation and its efficiency records.

I tried to remark on that to my co-workers, but of course, there weren’t any around.  They were all getting patched up, and by that, I mean having extremities or organs replaced or repaired, or off doing some unspeakable things to each other with their reattached parts.  And I reasoned even if I wasn’t in danger from the Dark Cluster entities, I would likely be in danger from my fellow consentients on the station.

I found some motivation!

I had to find a way to escape before a crazed something came after me.  Yeah, you guessed it, that was going to be pretty tough to manage.

<<The new government of the Pan-Met-Agnation League of Worlds has struck down several of the laws against interspecies xeno-sexual intimacy and cross planetary marriage that had been upheld since the formation.  As many of the species openly flaunt these laws in order to not look ridiculous, the ruling council has decided to get in on the act while it is still termed exotic and can garner them attention from voters.>>

--

0