Chapter 1 The Sorting Ceremony(vol2) [Rewrite]
226 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 The Sorting Ceremony [Rewrite]

BONUS CHAPTER

Ever wondered the reason why you prefer the Villain over the Hero?

“A Hero would sacrifice you to save the world, but the Villain would sacrifice the world to save you.”

               -by Unknown

(3rd POV)

“When I call your name sit on the stool and put on the hat, and you will be sorted into your house,” said the deputy Headmistress.

9 Gryffindor, 6 Hufflepuff, 10 Ravenclaw, and 10 Slytherin.

(Flashback)

“Harry Potter” exclaimed McGonagall with her stern face, though if one looked closely enough it would be possible to see that she felt excitement, happiness, and guilt.

The Professor of Transfiguration knew that before coming to Hogwarts, Harry Potter lived in a wizard-hating house. They didn’t even tell him about his parents, but he had learned about magic alone, this proved that he was their son, especially lily. They could have given him to a better family, hell she could have adopted him, but no they didn’t and so because of “their decision” he had suffered.

So now that he was here, she will protect him, even if he isn’t a Gryffindor, thought she hoped he would be. Even if he was in the snake dent, she would protect him from those accursed snakes.

At that moment a boy started walking toward the hat, his steps were the sound heard in the complete silence followed by the revelation of his name.

Everyone looked closely at him as if judging him, they looked at the legend himself, the one rumored to have killed an elder dragon when he was three years old, someone who could illuminate the whole country, a fairy tale. Many of them also looked for the lightning bolt scar that should have been on his head, though it wasn’t there anymore, which greatly surprised Dumbledore because he had tried to heal it but couldn’t.

Just before the hat the boy stopped and took a long deep breath, erasing all of his worries his face became apathetic. His eyes which were before full of life were now impassible. It was like he was out of the world like he wasn’t affected by reality. A white-silver and black hue surrounded him, this “barrier” was only visible to people with a great level in the mental art.

The persons who “saw” it were extremely surprised because Harry Potter was raised in a muggle household, that fact was known to many pureblood families or children with parents in high places. Is mind was also much more complex than many of the present beings, it was unheard of for a child this age.

The mysterious boy then took the talking hat and wore it on his head.

(1st POV)

As I opened my eyes I saw a black hat, this hat was floating above a turquoise sea, behind him was the setting sun. In my hand was my wand, seeing that I smiled because after only a month with it our connection was great. Waving my wand two water chairs and a table were made.

The stars were extremely bright and danced with the colors, and the calm sea was now full of abnormalities, like tsunamis, and typhoons.

 I am excited to see where he will send me.

Hufflepuff the house of the badger, the friendly, loyal, honest, and dedicated, and in my opinion the best one though I don’t feat in it.

The house of true friends, people who will always encourage you while also giving advice with their point of view. They aren’t arrogant and boastful and value everyone as equal. One of the problems is that the Sorting Hat’s poem is not made for children and is often misunderstood, the house is said to accept the rest so many think that all the talented go to the other three houses, while it’s just that the talented Hufflepuff wizards do not boast their achievement, many great wizard or such came from Hufflepuff like Newton Scamander,  Bridget Wenlock (Arithmancer who discovered the magical properties of the number seven), Hengist of Woodcroft (founder of Hogsmeade), etc. Fun fact Hufflepuff is the house that has created the fewest Dark Wizards, even less than the reputed White Wizards from Gryffindor.

Gryffindor the house of the Lion, the daring, courageous, and chivalry. The fools would be a good way to describe them. In the books, they are represented as Shonen protagonists. Naïve persons who never kill, a person who is bound by dumb morals. Reckless to the point of endangering his loved one to save one unknown person. The house is absolute carnage with not loyal being (ex: book two where most thought he was the heir, book four where they were all jealous of him except when he won the task, Peter Pettigrew, book five with the press bashing him and almost no one believing him, etc)

Ravenclaw the house represented by the eagle, prized for their wisdom, wit, intellect, and will to learn.

Ravenclaws learn just to learn, there are no hidden meanings behind that, they don’t learn for more power or vengeance. Ravenclaws don’t shun what they have an interest in, they may use magic that others might find unappealing. Many of them are scorned for their “oddity” and the fact that they do not have many social interactions and prefer staying in their corner reading a book. Though after doing something “great”, they would be celebrated by the same person “bullying” them (ex: Luna Lovegood). Many Ravenclaws also have a good memory or a talent in that field and are logical and rational.

Slytherin is the house of the snake in both senses.

Slytherin students are supposed to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, determined, and clever. Many Slytherins are great Politicians with talent as leaders. Slytherins are confident in their own power, sometimes border lining arrogance. They have “a certain disregard for the rules” (Dumbledore) and can be extremely loyal. Many Slytherins have a deep unrequited love (like Severus Snape, Bellatrix Lestrange, (Merope Riddle), Bloody Baron).

Considering all those facts I would prefer being in Slytherin, it would bring me political power, followers and I want to change the belief that all Slytherin are bad.  Looking into “the eyes” of the hat I said, “Slytherin”, to that he only responded by shouting “Slytherin”.

4