Chapter 3 First lesson [Rewritte]
197 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 First lesson [Rewritte]

Welcome, Welcome to your first lesson in Hogwarts. I hope you had a good weekend. Some of you may know me, my name is Filius Flitwick, I am the head of the Ravenclaw house and your teacher in the art of charms. Now before we begin let me explain to some of you that may have questions. Charms are the art of enchantment, adding a spell with certain properties on an object.

Charms affect the world around us, with it you could make something invisible to the world itself, send an object back, or make your voice stronger.

Attention, while in transfiguration you could make something entirely vanish from existence, with charm spell you make the world believe it doesn’t exist, in other words, conceal an object from others.

A famous person once said something which describes what I told you:

“Magic is taking a thought and making it real. Taking a lie and making it the truth. Telling a story to the universe so utterly, cosmically perfect that for a single, shining moment…the word believes a man can fly” -Loki (Marvel Comics)

“The Wand-Lighting Charm is one of the simplest and easiest spell known to wizardkind. This Charm produces a blue light on the tip of one’s wand. Now I do believe that many of you may be able to produce light in one try. Magic however isn’t just about being able to send a spell. No, it’s about mastering that spell, taking it to its limit, and then surpassing that limit, for magic is limitless.” He spoke before continuing.

“This spell will help you understand and master the basics of charms, for its simplicity makes it so that it is easy to change small things like the color or the intensity. Alternating between the Wand-Extinguishing Charm and the Wand-Lightning Charm may also help you control your magic and other things. Those two spells were invented by Levina Monkstanley” said the half-goblin

 “Magic is not all about wand movement or incantation contrary to some belief. Now if incantations are not needed then what does it do?” asked the small professor.

Some of us then raised our hands making the charm master smile.

“Yes Ms. Turpin,” he said looking at a young girl wearing a Ravenclaws robe.

“Incantations are used as means to control and help the imagination of a wizard to make a spell.” Responded the girl, she then continued by saying “Wand movement helps “molding” magic into a spell or something else, be it corporeal or incorporeal, experienced wizards are not obligated to use wand movements, but they use it for higher-level spells because it helps in speed, power, and magic consumption.”

We then had to use that spell after ten minutes every one could do it, so he told us to change the intensity. He didn’t tell us how, but I quickly understood because of my 21st-century knowledge but some couldn’t. It’s time and quantity basically you could either inject more “magic” at the same time or “charging” the spell.

Soon the door of the classroom opened, and a vampire walked through them. His long chinobyo cape fluttered from the non-present wind. He then turned and faced us with narrow black eyes.

“Quite down children. You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making. As there is no little foolish wand-waving here many of you will hardly believe there is magic in it. I don’t expect you to understand the beauty of the softly simmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through the human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stop death, if you aren’t as big as a bunch of dunderheads I usually have to teach.”  He said with his cold and badass voice while pointing out some words.

Snape then went on with his lesson without asking me the famous questions, but he still did ask me to answer in the class which gave us twenty points. In the end, we had to make a potion with the instructions. There were two instructions the one from the books and the one on the board, which was a bit weird, but I followed it because I knew that snape was a genius and that this was probably his advanced version of the potion.

I was partnered with Draco Malfoy, and we got an A, though he said that we would have gotten an A+ if we had waited five minutes more before taking it out.

  Then came Herbology, this was boring as fuck. While the teacher was cool, we only talked about normal flowers to create a foundation. We didn’t have any grades because this was the first day. I was seated with Daphne though he didn’t talk that much during class because I wanted to make a “perfect student” impression on the teachers.

After that, I passed my time speaking with Draco, Nott, Daphne, Tracey, and Pansy. I also spoke with others from higher years to make some connections. We/I practiced magic and did our Homework, we didn’t have much just casting a lot of time the Wand-Lightning spell.

 Tomorrow, we have transfiguration, I can’t wait. Transfiguration is my favorite subject. It’s every child’s dream, to be able to change the construction of the world with the wave of a hand or wand.

3