Chapter six Animagus book [Rewrite] 
156 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter six Animagus book [Rewrite] 

I already know what his animagus form will be so no need to comment it 

********** 

 

Defense Against the Dark Arts was a nightmare, Quirrell literally took five minutes to say one sentence. We didn’t learn anything, hell we didn’t have time to learn one fucking spell.  

We were standing out in the open field with brooms on our right. Today was our first flying lesson with the Gryffindor. 

Ms. Hooch then came and started the lesson. She smiled and said, “Welcome to your first flying lesson, well what are you all waiting for?” She walked in between the line of students and said “Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick come on now, place your right hand over the broom and say “up””. 

Everyone followed her instruction me included, “UP”, the broom flew in my hand without any difficulties, some looked in awe at me. 

‘Well, he is his son’ thought the professor seeing my ease with a broom. 

For Draco, it was a bit more problematic, but he also made it come into his hand after the first try. After almost everyone had their broom in their hands.  

“Everyone who couldn’t make the brooms come in their hand take it now we will begin. Now that all of you have their broom, I want all of you to mount it and grip it tightly. You don’t want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle after a count of three, I want each of you to kick off the ground.” She said 

“Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward slightly. Now on my whistle: One, two-“ 

Neville started to fly off the ground without having waited for the whistle and it didn’t look like he had any control whatsoever.  

Ms. Hooch like a dumbass just told him to wait but didn’t help in any way. So, without waiting for him fly much higher and hurts himself, I took my wand and pointed it at him “Ascendio”. 

I was projected in the air toward him, I used wandless “magic”/ telekinesis to hold his broom for a moment in the same place, landing on his broom I lifted him. Damm, he was heavy.  I then jumped from the air and before landing on the ground I calmly said “Arresto Momentum” stopping our momentum and permitting us to not get hurt. 

Welp now the attention is on me. That’s what I wanted. Everyone was in awe and then started clapping even some Gryffindors did. 

 

Sitting on one of the couches in our common room I opened a book from the library. This book talked about Animagi, known people in history who were animagi in other things. 

An Animagus (plural Animagi) is a witch or wizard who can transform themselves into an animal and back into their original form with just a thought. 

This skill unlike Metamorphmagus isn’t hereditary and can be learned by the general wizard-kind population though in Britain one must register himself or he risks a sentence in Azkaban (the Britain prison). 

At Uagadou School of Magic (the African School), a school known for its focus on self-transfiguration, students could become Animagi by the age of fourteen without the need to register themselves. Information about Animagi are thought in the third-year Transfiguration class to the students, they however do not learn how to become one. 

As previously said in Britain a register was made and since the 20th century only seven have been registered, it is however unknown how many there truly were. 

An Animagi cannot choose their animal form, rather one becomes the animal that suits them best. A wizard’s animagus form may reflect their corporeal Patronus. 

The form of one cannot be from a magical creature, though there are rumors that if one is strong enough or has maybe perfectly mastered this skill, they can become a magical creature that suits them, like Merlin who was known for being able to talk and transform into a Dragon.  

Animagi also have the ability to communicate with normal animals though it unknown what the limitations are. 

It takes skill, practice, and patience for wizards and witches to become an Animagi. The process of becoming an Animagus is long and arduous and has the potential to backfire and cause the transformation to go wrong, if not even irreversible. 

While many think that becoming one is easy to become the only requirement are a spell and potions and circumstances this is completely wrong. The spell Amato Animo Animato Animagus can only be achieved by someone with a certain mastery in Transfiguration. 

It is recommended to be able to change one own form without damaging their body before trying the spell. If you want to learn that skill first start by changing the color of your eyes, then changing one’s color skin, and then when you have already mastered the previous steps practice changing the shape of one of your limbs before going to a bigger one.  

Another requirement is to know one own inner beast perfectly and its characteristics, to achieve that you can use the help of potions (though the second option is the best but the hardest) or with great occlumency capabilities. 

The process of becoming an Animagus is to keep a single mandrake leaf in one’s mouth for an entire month (from full moon to full moon). If the leaf is removed or swallowed, the witch or wizard would have to start over again. At the next visible full moon (if the night happened to be cloudy, one would have to start over) the wizard must spit the leaf in a phial within range of the moon's pure rays.  To the moon-struck phial, the wizard or witch must add one of their own hairs, a silver teaspoon of dew that has not seen sunlight or been touched by human feet for seven days, and the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth.  The mixture must then be put in a quiet, dark place, and could not be in any way disturbed. Once all the steps are done one becomes an Animagus. 

 Animagus can change at will, with or without the use of a wand.  Animagi can also use their newfound animal forms in multiple ways; for example, one who takes on the form of a species capable of flight can enjoy the sensation without the need for broomsticks, flying carpets, or riding on flying animals. 

3