Ailing Celebration
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting out of the cafeteria with the boys and into the somewhat crowded hall, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over me. 

My head pounded away steadily the throbbing sensation synchronized with my heartbeat creating an unwelcomed symphony of discomfort, and a wave of nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. 

l was desperately trying to regain my composure. It felt as though my body was rebelling against me, each step forward was a herculean effort.

My vision is swimming with disorientation. My mind was a thick fog of confusion. Simple thoughts seemed to slip through my grasp like slippery eels. The feeling of nausea was getting worse and suddenly Mathematical solutions and solutions from different subjects raced in my head with no particular patterns or reason.

I couldn't remember why I had even come to the school or where I was supposed to be going. Panic set in as my surroundings closed in on me. 

Then I felt pain in my hand it was immense like a hot iron pressed up against my skin. It felt like whatever it was borrowed through my skin and into the veins in my hand. I grunted in pain holding it, trying to hold it, but a roar of pain came out loud.

"Argh!" I abruptly halted in my tracks and Flash stopped as well noticing the pale Douglas, "are you, okay bro?" Flash says wondering if they should take Douglas to the nurse's office. 

"I'm good bro I just need a minute," I say taking off my backpack and taking the SCP-500 and SCP-109, I take the medication and the magic water, and I start feeling better check my status, and it appeared in my retina showing 5 percent for miles morales.

What the fuck happened, it does make sense the pain in my hand and the random equations appearing in my head. 

I put back the stuff in the bag and continued walking "Wait do we have the same class," I asked. 

"Yes, we all have AP chem at this time right," Pete says, "by the way, did you memorize your schedule," he says. 

"Yes sir, I say."

— 

Finally, we finished almost all our classes, and the only class left was gym class, as we went to the locker room "Oh before you go to the ladies' lockers, "Gwen congratulations I saw your father catching Able Doone." I say smirking. 

Gwen groaned and exhaled "Since my father arrested that serial killer people have been asking me about it." she sounded annoyed. 

As Gwen left we entered the locker room with the boys. 

"Now that you remind me it's a crazy mutant ability to tickle someone to death, especially by a would-be actor turned murderer," Joshua says. 

"Yeah If Captain Stacey didn't catch him it would be embarrassing to be another person to die by tickling," I say smiling. 

After changing into our gym clothes we went to gym class and it looked like a luxurious gym then class. 

"Alright everyone, Mr. Kyle Jacoby has given a set of workouts let's do that as a warm-up and get serious," Flash says clearly in his element. 

Now they were on their last standard workout before getting serious. 

We were doing pushups, and Randolph "Randy" Robertson was doing Pike Push-Ups: Beginning in a push-up position with his hips raised in the air, forming an upside-down "V" shape. Lower his head towards the ground and push back up. 

Douglas was doing One-Arm Handstand Push-Ups: An extremely advanced variation that involves balancing on one hand while performing a push-up with the other.

Flash was doing Planche Push-Ups: Start in a Planche position (arms straight, body parallel to the ground), then perform a push-up. This variation requires a high level of strength and balance.

Kenneth "Kenny Kong" McFarlane was doing fingertip planche push-ups: Fingertip planche push-ups are an advanced exercise where you balance your fingertips while performing push-ups. It requires exceptional finger and upper body strength, balance, and control.

We did 50 pushups each now the 4 of us did hard pushups but the rest of the guys were doing simpler variations. 

Now I was taking a little break before we started weightlifting when my phone rang.

"Yes hello, what's up," I say a little breathlessly. 

On the other side of the phone, I hear a ragged voice speak, "Sir the gold is indeed 99.98% pure."

"I see that's great you can keep the gold have a Good Day gravestone," he was going to reject the gold so I hung up before he could. 

the clanking of weights echoed through the air as a group of determined teenagers gathered around Flash looking at his workout.

Kenny boredom etched on his face, stood before a squat rack. With each deep squat, his muscles flexed, and his breaths were steady and measured.

Joshua and Brigham occupied a bench press nearby, their biceps bulging as they lifted the loaded barbell. They grunted with effort, veins popping on their forearms, while loyal friends spotted them, ready to assist if the weights proved too much. The camaraderie between them was evident, as they exchanged nods of encouragement between sets.

Now everything was done we wore civilian clothes ready to leave the school, "hi guys don't be surprised if we get jumped on one of these days." Harry says seriously. 

"Why man," I say with inquisitiveness in my voice. 

"I fucked some guy's girlfriend and before you say anything I did my background check and I did know she had a boyfriend I just don't care," Harry says unfazed. 

"Makes sense," I shrug and quickly turn towards Kong, "can we talk man," I say to him. 

"Yeah, sure," Kong says we stop walking and I speak, "I saw you in that Spider-Man movie," (Kenny entered a casting call for extras. His only line was "Look in the sky, it's Spider-Man!") with the film's success, he achieved some fame in school. 

"Yeah it's pretty great," he said humbly smiling. 

"Bro remember two years ago when you told us about Spiderman's identity," I whispered, and he stopped me. 

"I was the wrong man it was just stuff I made myself believe," Kong says smiling. 

"No, I remember correctly you said when Peter Parker was bitten by the genetically enhanced spider that gave him his stuff if you know what I mean, you Kenny crushed the spider under your sneaker, killing it. Later, noticing changes in Peter's physical strength and abilities, and recalling the spider bite, you deduced that Peter Parker was you know who, I did not believe you before but now that does make sense I mean he was good-looking before but you had to take notice but now for two years of changes are just amazing from a 5 foot 6 inches 13-year-old to a now 6 foot 1 inch, a 15-year-old boy with great sudden athletic capabilities." I whisper. 

"No, remember the test we did to see if he was that person you speak of and it failed," Kong says calm and collected. 

"Come on you know he's smart I'm sure he found a way to trick us," I say smiling. 

"Alright I understand I can't keep this from you but let's respect his desire to keep his dual identities a secret, and please let's never attempt to reveal this knowledge to others again as I have done since the last time never again," Kenny says seriously. 

"I understand I won't tell anyone but after that, you never tried to convince anyone of the truth again," I say seriously as well. 

"Yes," he nods, "race you there," Kong says, and we race to the parking lot. 

"You won the race well done," I say embarrassed, Kong just nods, "Hey you people get in the minivan," Flash says seemingly waiting for us. 

Sitting in this moving minivan I could not help but think about leaving school it was different because I finally felt like I was living a life worth living and I would like to survive long enough to enjoy it this time around even though there are beings out there capable of destroying me in an instant I just need to be stronger and I should be fine. 

On another note what shady shit is Xavier and his boyfriend Magneto doing one is a mutant supremacy terrorist and the other is an indecisive mind raper. 

But it is jarring not knowing where I am because there is no way this is the MCU or the comics I mean I don't know of any Marvel comic where the Russian empire survived and thrived. 

Plus I expected pure hatred for mutants because the rise of mutants is a threat to the human race in two ways: their powers and abilities offer them a key advantage over humans, and the spread of the X-gene means that this new species will come to eventually replace normal humans, changing the balance of power on Earth forever. Not to mention, the risk of accidentally activating their powers and killing those around them before they learn to control themselves. 

But some countries have policies that tolerate mutants like the UK and different African and Middle Eastern countries that I remember of but here the Russian empire is a very mutant-friendly place having a population of 330.9 million people and 5.5% of the population is mutants directly 18.1995 million mutants are just running around in Russia, excluding all their colonies these are the numbers.

Well, Russia has it right first they used the term Meta-gene carrier (носитель метагена) which is a great start. 

They worked with the government without being too restricted. They have powerful backers. 

Mainly Romanovs(mom's family) Roman von Ungern-Sternberg and Nevena Biryukova and many other houses of imperial Russia the most wealthy and influential ones. 

Joseph "Joe" Vasiliyevich Frantsyev ( Иосиф Васильевич Францев, born September 1, 1947) also known by this alias "The Bannerman" (Баннерман) is a Russian billionaire, boxing promoter and former professional boxer and former amateur Mongolian wrestler who competed from 1967 to 1989. He is the current owner of Steel Gloves Promotions, one of the world's largest boxing promotions. And Johann Ignatz Elder von Drachmann (Russian: Иван Кристоферович фон Драхманн, Ivan Kristoferovich von Drachmann, born February 1, 1950), also just by Ivan von Drachmann (Иван фон Драхманн) and his alias "Ivan the Terrible" (Иван Грозный) and the "Scourge of Odin" (Бич Одина) is a Russian billionaire retired professional boxer and boxing promoter - known by Drachmann Promotions, based in Saint Petersburg. 

Those two both helped shape public opinion through their jobs and influence plus the government being so effective in taking care of superhuman problems helped. 

Professor Anatoly Vonya is the greatest authority on superhumans in the U.S.S.R. and is involved in creating or training many of those in service of the government.

Piotr Phobos is in charge of the super-soldier school in Russia these two scientists contributed to the massive understanding of the mutant genes, training, investigating, and organization of super-powered individuals even experimenting on them with projects like the Winterguard, blackguard, and other organizations. 

Not that I'm complaining but Russia is far more powerful and stable. 

My phone suddenly starts ringing.

"Hello how is my favorite pussy(chut is Hindi)" I say smiling. 

"I'm fine and you?," ("मैं ठीक हूँ, और आप?") Aurelius Rashford says before pausing and saying "You're my favorite KKK member," he says laughing. 

"Wow, I'm glad the original boys in the hood inspire you I'm happy for you by the way what do you want man," I say surprisingly calm. 

"I'm going to declare my intention to not return to the UK as a citizen via a renouncement of my citizenship," Aurelius Rashford says confidently.

"after allegedly promising the UK Prime Minister that you would move the Headquarters of Sitrus "back home" during a dinner meeting between the Prime Minister and the UK's leading businessmen at 10 Downing Street and you pull this my respect for you has grown," I say sweetly. 

"The the way, the British government was just dying to dip into my wealth via taxation and called me Britain's lost son most beloved billionaire but they going to fuck me over," Aurelius Rashford says seriously.

"Before you say anything I'm prepared for the demonization and I stopped suing Mark Zuckerberg, you owe me, Douglas," Aurelius Rashford lets out.

"Yes, Russian Empire puppet I will get you a lot of contracts thanks for telling me I'm looking forward to watching what the BBC is going to falsely accuse you of doing," I say very happy. 

"No problem Nikolai the terrible tell me when you're back in Russia, bye-bye," Aurelius Rashford says. 

[Weekend]

The first week of school went by in a breeze. Douglas generally sat quietly in class, listening to the teacher explain things, outside of class Douglas was helping Ripley Ryan and becoming her friend. 

Douglas was now standing in front of the mirror his stylist was adjusting his tie with a smile on her face happy about how intricate the suit was. 

Douglas dashed to the car and the driver started the car, Douglas was just watching Rutube, and finally, the smear campaign of Aurelius Rashford was picking steam the BBC is good at that and dear God RUTUBE is just like prime call of duty lobby mixed with prime xbox live.

The car stopped I stepped out and I arrived at Ripley Ryans's house. I knock on the door. A middle-aged woman who is above average in looks she looks similar to Ryan. 

She looks at me hungrily, "How can I help you?" she says. I answer back and say, "Sorry to be a bother I'm Ryan's friend is she home?" She looked confused but let me in. 

"Have a seat boy what's your name and how do you know my daughter? she says. 

"It's a pleasure ma'am I'm Douglas I know your daughter from school I'm her boyfriend," I say politely. 

"I see I'm Roberta but you can call me Anne," she says and moves trying to get comfortable, her loose-fitting pajamas were nice. 

Ripley Ryan came down and I glanced at her body, wondering how I hadn't noticed before. She had curves. Her expensive clothes fit her right. Her ink-black blouse was open at the top, revealing a good amount of cleavage, and it was tucked into a tight pencil skirt. The skirt itself was wrapped around two long, lean legs that stretched down to a pair of heels sharp enough to pierce a man's skull.

"Damn, Blondie., he muttered with a soft chuckle. "Where'd you come from?"

Riley averted her eyes, and a smirk appeared.

after saying goodbye to her mom we walked to the car. 

Now that we were in the car I could not but say "Wow Riley you cleaned up nice," I don't know when the smile appeared on my face but she immediately looked down and started to fiddle with her dress, "Thank you," she says barley above a whisper, "is the nickname too much." she shook her head in response. Now I just wanted to watch and learn this girl is one step toward this goal. 

Douglas and Ripley have arrived at the hotel their meeting place. After Douglas said something to the driver he departed. The boy and girl duo then entered the hotel, where they were confronted by two armed ladies who had been waiting outside the reception room 

"Ramsey, Douglas," I say to the receptionists. 

One woman then opened a file and scanned it, then nodded to me."Everything checks out."

"And her?" the other woman inquired. 

"My girl," I replied. 

The woman nodded once more before opening the door. Ripley had been perplexed by the scenario for quite some time. Even though she has never been to these types of events before, she is convinced that this is unusual. 

Douglas was expecting a question it never came so he uttered, "I know what you are thinking that this level of security is not normal right?" I say reading body language is such a cheat.

She nodded, Douglas gave her a sidelong glance before responding, "Members of the Koschei Family are here to socialize they are close friends of mine don't do anything idiotic."

Ripley was now left with more questions than answers she only came here because Douglas was the only one who noticed her being bullied and stopped it and called her his girlfriend to help her and now for this whole week she was living a whole different life people where treating her better and she became somewhat popular so she was going to try and enjoy this before Douglas got bored and eventually left her so she could go back to the place she belongs to once more. 

Douglas felt an ominous feeling in his heart but ignored it, Douglas was walking toward a gathering of people in the corner of the room, where he noticed a large number of armed men. 

The armed guys glanced at Douglas before making way for him and Ripley. There he noticed a Russian-looking young man calmly smoking a cigar. 

"Nikolai the terrible," said the young man in the center, his voice heavy with a Russian accent; he looks so handsome and ignorant but he is a Brigadier (Russian mafia captain). "We have not seen each other in a long time."

"The Serbian Serpent," Douglas smiled. "I appreciate you coming here by the way where is that guy?"

"Over there, by the way, you should come to the fashion show there will be what you like." the Serbian Serpent stated, and Douglas simply nodded. Ripley felt lost; she just could not keep up with the talks after all the names being thrown around. "I'm confident you can contact me if you have any issues."

"Thank you Serbian Serpent," Douglas remarked before walking away with Ripley and taking a seat at one of the tables to await the start of the ceremony.

As if on cue a sudden announcement came from the podium they urged the guests to take their seats of course the guests complied with the desires of the host and everyone began to take their seats.

The room was silent and the tune of the organ had stopped playing, "first want to thank you guys for coming to the first official spider-man fan club and I'm thankful to Willson Allan for helping us to be here and I would like to invite a star Kong to the stage," Flash uttered with a proud grin. 

Clapping echoed throughout as Kenneth Mcfarlane went to the podium and said "Hi guys thank you and the president, as you may know, I was an extra for the first Spiderman movie even though my only line was Look in the Sky, it's Spider-Man I was able to meet the real spiderman and have this autograph picture of him, pretty cool right so we one agenda and that is to stop the daily bugle from making spiderman look like a villain and this is how we plan to do it we already made profiles for spiderman on Facebook, Uni-link, Youtube, Rutube, and you guys just need to support us on these platforms so can stop the daily bugle," Kong was able to say so with a Good amount of professionalism. 

As Douglas sat and spoke to Riley he felt an ominous feeling in his heart again, Douglas shook his head ultimately choosing to be cautious this is Marvel after all. "Hey, Riley if anything happens, please run towards that door if there are any issues," Douglas says, and Riley nods. 

The Receptionist's room's front door then exploded with a loud bang the smell of gunpowder permeated throughout the room.

The tables and chairs got knocked down, and Douglas flipped the table over shielding Douglas and Riley from the incoming shockwaves that soon followed. Douglas's ears rang as a result but he recovered quickly. 

He took his bell and rang it quickly and immediately gave one SCP-500 medication to Riley and gestured for her to swallow it she didn't hesitate and did of course Douglas did the same.

All of the guests ran toward the kitchen hoping to survive. 

While this was happening the Serbian Serpent's eyes glowed a radiant white dull gray look he had this calm shit-eating grin, and he walked calmly calculated, and almost robotic. 

Masked men of the assault team observed the Serbian Serpent's movements as they attempted to shoot him and despite them having a clear shot none of the bullets landed they all just missed. 

The Serbian serpent brought out his barrage of shots in any emeny positions and it could already be seen he had way more success in returning fire but his KelTec P15 ran out of ammunition and that was unfortunately his last magazine. 

Now he was just behind cover letting his team do the work and a lot of people were able to run into the kitchen and flee but from outside the reception room.
 
 
 A team of highly trained masked assaults gathered, preparing to storm the building. They were armed to the teeth, their tactical gear gleaming under the dim streetlights.

Unbeknownst to them, someone had been watching their every move from a hidden vantage point. With nerves of steel and deadly precision. It was a daunting task, but one that Felix was prepared to execute flawlessly. 

 As the assault officers approached the entrance of the reception, their leader barked out orders, signaling for them to breach. The tension in the air was palpable as they moved swiftly and silently through the door.

Inside, the hotel they were reinforcement for their brothers, Felix watched from above, calculating each officer's opposition movement. With lightning-fast reflexes, Felix descended from another building using parkour and silently landed behind one of the officers. In one swift motion, a tranquilizer dart pierced through the air and found its mark on the officer's neck. The officer slumped to the ground, unconscious. As chaos erupted among the remaining officers, Felix moved like a ghost through the darkness. Using stealth and agility, Felix evaded their line of sight while systematically taking them down one by one. A well-placed blow to the back of an officer's head rendered him incapacitated. A precisely thrown knife found its target in another officer's shoulder, causing him to drop his weapon. The remaining officers grew increasingly frantic as they realized they were being picked off with deadly precision. They regrouped, forming a defensive circle, their eyes scanning the shadows for any sign of movement. But Felix was already one step ahead. From the darkness, Felix launched a smoke grenade, enveloping the area in a thick cloud of white. Disoriented and unable to see, the officers fired blindly into the smoke, their bullets ricocheting. 

After finishing a masked hood Felix left as quickly as he came.

"Ну, как неожиданно" (well how unexpected) the Serbian serpent says. 

He walks towards the kitchen door, and Douglas follows holding the fumbling Riley into the kitchen passageway. Douglas took Riley in a princess carry through the corridor. The Serbian serpent kicked the exit door and they walked out of the kitchen.

He could see that the Chiefs and cooks had already been killed implying that the masked men had already arrived in this area. He must be careful not to stumble into a gunman.

As soon as they walked out of the kitchen. He heard a shout from the left side of him.

"There! kill them!" yelled a gunman. Douglas was just angry now, he swiftly ran back into the kitchen and narrowly Dodged the gunfire, he dashed to the corner of the kitchen where another door was still closed. 

He kicked the door while still carrying Riley, he could hear the gun shoot from the distance but he ignored it. 

What the fuck Douglas thought to himself as he entered a pantry, but her against a pantry wall, "don't you dear leave here unless necessary," I told Riley weirdly calm. 

I took an unused knife and ran out of the pantry, I heard approaching footsteps that kept getting closer before Douglas finally saw a masked man walk past him Douglas plunged with one hand closing the masked man's mouth and the other slicing his throat. 

The masked man fell to the ground with a gurgling sound and blood spilling from his open throat. 

Now Douglas could hear before long a large amount of footsteps, before now Douglas was considering taking out the Dominator from the psycho-pass universe. 

 Manifesting the weapon now is better than dying is the only thing Douglas decided on
 
 
 
 He tightly grips his Dominator, ready to confront the dangerous assault group coming for him The tension in the air is palpable. Suddenly, his shadows flicker, his cold and calculating gaze fixed on the entrance. his face reveals his sinister smile. 

 Without hesitation, Douglas raises his Dominator and activates its scanning mode. The weapon emits a pulsating blue light as it scans one of the masked men Psycho-Pass, analyzing his mental state and determining his threat level.

Within seconds but it felt like forever the tension builds as Douglas awaits the result. The Dominator's voice echoes through the room, announcing the man's Crime Coefficient: "Lethal Eliminator Mode Approved."

 As I quickly aim With unwavering determination, I pull the trigger of my Dominator. A bright red beam shoots out, engulfing the Masked man in a blinding light. All that could be heard was the sound of the Masked man's body hitting the ground, signifying the end of his reign of terror. 

Douglas runs behind cover and points his weapon in the general direction of the other masked men, raises his Dominator, and activates its scanning mode.

The weapon emits a pulsating blue light as it scans the Masked men's Psycho-Pass, analyzing their mental states and determining their threat level.

However,r they shoot at Douglas hoping to stop him from doing whatever his doing. The room seems to hold its breath as everyone awaits the result. The Dominator's voice resonates through the room announcing the Crime Coefficient: "Lethal Eliminator Mode Approved." Douglas pulls the trigger of his Dominator.

A bright red beam shoots out from the weapon, engulfing all the Masked men in a blinding light. In the intensity of the moment sounds of Multiple bodies hitting the ground echo through the facility

In a shocking turn of events, the masked men's bodies begin to disintegrate and explode into fragments of bloody mess the only traces of their existence. The force of the explosion sends shockwaves through the room, leaving if any normal person had seen it they would never be able to regain their composure after what they had witnessed was something that they could never forget for the rest of their life the power of the Dominator.

Douglas stands there, his Dominator still in hand, as the aftermath of his decision settles around him. The weight of what he had done did not bother him in the slightest. 

Now from standing Douglas's weapon vanished, and as he turned, he saw the approaching Serbian serpent, "Comrade you still alive we killed all the shits." he said I went and I took Riley from her hiding place with me before the Serbian serpent, "Thank you, comrade, do you have any idea who did this, I say. 

"Ah yes, I believe it is the kingpin because I had to fight mutants and it looks like he wants to stop more Russians from coming and threatening his monopoly as the boss we came to help the boys gain more control," the Serbian serpent says calmly. 

Douglas sighed he was not the target of the assassination from what he got the the kingpin wanted to stay the only crime lord in NYC. 

The sound of police could be heard and he looked around and saw the dismay and blood but he had no injuries, I got you, comrade the Serbian serpent said as he pulled out a knife and sliced Douglas's open palm. 

"Thanks, man but what about you," I say. He looked at me with a smile, don't worry check this he said lifting his arm and there was glass sticking out of his arm in different sections, "yeah that mutant made and shot glass at me."

"I see, I say but look at Riley, and she seemed completely out of it. 

"Hey, you okay," he replied, interrupting her dangerous thoughts. He smirked, glancing at her as they stood. "I'm glad you are okay."

Hearing his words put her at ease. It showed he cared for her, she could trust him. That smirk was another story. It didn't put her at ease at all. When it came to his mouth all she got was hot and bothered.

When will this arousal stop being funny like this? Riley wondered. Is this some sort of survival mechanism? Have I gone insane to save myself from the abject fear I should be feeling right now?

Inwardly she was having a calm, rational conversation with herself. Outwardly, all she could do was nod her head.

Alright, maybe I'm too fucking terrified to speak.

"thank God," Douglas continued trying to calm down from the adrenaline in his veins to keep from coming out of his voice. "I'm sorry, Riley he said, shaking his head. "it's my fault you got involved in this dangerous situation."

Riley shakes her head she understands the situation was not his fault. 

They all sat on the floor next to one another. 

A police unit in full armor entered the pantry less than a minute later. They became suspicious when they noticed the chaos around the room. But when they discovered two teenagers and a man in his early twenties still alive, sitting in the corner of the room, they hurriedly moved through what remained of the assault team bodies and kneeled in front of the closed one.

"Kid are you guys okay?" one of the officers inquired. 

"I'm alright..." the serpent says dazzlingly. "the girl..."

Don't worry kid; there are medics, outside, and your friends are going to be okay. The man then examined the serpent; he was covered in his blood and his arm was partly a shish Kabob. Can you walk?"

The serpent just nodded as the man assisted him in standing. The other squad assisted the two others to get out of the hotel premises. 

Douglas was now sitting on the edge of an ambulance's door. Inside the ambulance is the serpent, who had just been in emergency surgery to pull the glass fragments from his arm. He was now recovering and was about to be transported to the hospital for further care. 

Douglas had also his hand stitched, and his hand was now wrapped in bandages. Douglas observed that the rest of the hotel guests had come down to the first floor, and he could see a lot of shocked faces, as they were probably not to see so many cadavers on the floor. 

Douglas was now face to face with a police officer who had a notebook open in front of him. The officer appeared fatigued and he wore a name tag that read "Stacy" on his chest. 

"Hey, kid you doing okay?" the officer inquired. 

"I'm fine, officer," he replied. 

The cop let out a sigh."My name is George Stacy, and while normally I would ask your parents first, the situation doesn't all for that, so do you mind!?"

"Not at all, Officer Stacy." Douglas gave a forced smile. "Ask away."

The officer nodded and clicked his pen, indicating that he was ready to take notes. "Were you here for the Spiderman club gathering? 

Yes."

"What's your relationship with the club gathering"

"I'm friends with the president of the club; that's all I know," Douglas admitted partially.

"Okay…" Officer Stacy made a hum. "It appears to be a dead end there. Let's just get right to the point. What did you see in there, kid? You and your friends were the few among all the guests to not be seriously injured. I'm not suggesting you're a suspect, but we can't afford to leave any stone unturned."

"Can't you look through the surveillance camera?" Douglas probed.

Officer Stacy gave a shake of his head. "They were switched off one hour before the massacre."

"Oh," Douglas answered calmly. He then stared down at the ground, as if deep in contemplation. "I saw… a light then think body parts..."

"A light and body parts?" Captain Stacy was confused.

"it may be... alien with strange abilities." Douglas went on. "or maybe it's my guardian angel behind me; I think it may be some kind of the sorcerer."

"Are you sure, kid?" Officer Stacy's brow furrowed. "That kind of stuff is difficult to believe."

"To be honest, officer, I also find that difficult to believe," Douglas responded. "But we live in a world where the Norse gods exist and superheroes appear out of nowhere, so..."

"Yeah…" Captain Stacy let out a sigh. "Then continue."

"Um, before all that, we were running through the kitchen as I was scared my girl was going to get wounded or worse, we were quickly cornered, I killed one of them with a knife out of desperation, and—"

"You killed one?" Captain Stacy inquired once more.

Douglas gave a nod. "I stabbed him with a knife; he was after me, so I hid behind a door and carried out the deed."

"Okay…" Officer Stacy stated that he appeared to feel sorry for Douglas. "And then when you're surrounded, the light appeared ?"

Douglas gave a nod. "there was no sound; it must be an angel that appeared to save the day; that light was blinding and killed them all."

Captain Stacy inhaled deeply. "is there anything else you could tell me?" Officer Stacy inquired.

"Well, no sir after the light vanished, and the cops arrived," Douglas explained.

George simply nodded. "Okay, thank you for your cooperation, kid. You went to Midtown High, right? I'll drop by your school tomorrow to notify you of your absence, so you won't have to go."

"Thank you very much, officer." Douglas gave a nod. "Are you Gwen's father? She's my biology lab partner. "

Officer Stacy cocked his brow. "Yeah… Well, I guess I'll inform her she'll be in biology class by herself tomorrow."

"Thanks." Douglas gave a feeble smile.

Douglas could only try to not smile broadly as the officer left.

George Stacy had just returned home from a long day at work. He opened the entrance to his house and walked into the living room. He noticed his daughter, whom he adores, sitting on the couch, seemingly watching TV with a few snacks in her arms.

"You were there?" Gwen, his daughter, questioned, pointing at the television. The television was showing footage of the scene outside the hotel where he was staying, and it was not a good picture, with people looking shocked and terrified.

"Yeah, it was a mess." George sighed as he walked to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. "Shouldn't you be in bed? It's a school night."

"I was worried," she said. "Mom's already asleep, though."

"Well, she trusts me to do a good job." George let out a snort. He then thought of the kid he met earlier and how he was forced to kill someone out of desperation. "I met a kid in your school in that incident. He's quite a brave one. "

"What?" Gwen appeared astonished. "Do you know what his name is?"

"He said he's your lab partner. Douglas, I think. "George responded. "He and his girlfriend were one of the survivors of the incident."

"Douglas"? Gwen appeared more surprised. "Is he all right?"

"He'll be alright; he just got cut in the hand George replied, making Gwen gasp slightly. "What I'm worried about is his mental state; out of desperation, he was forced to kill one of the attackers. He's a good kid, his testimony matches with the rest of the guests that were at the scene, and he gives us some useful information."

"Oh," Gwen responded simply.

George made a hum. "Yeah, you'll be alone in biology class tomorrow for obvious reasons. It's almost midnight; go to bed now."

Gwen let out a sigh. "Sure, Dad..."

In the darkness of the night, two figures stood at a distance watching everything, and spoke casually. 

"See you were worried for nothing looks like my favorite person has secrets of his own."

"I don't know if that was a little too reckless for my taste but you are right."

Douglas sat in a rather comfortable patient room in a hospital the next morning. His friend was sleeping in the middle of the room on the patient's bed, an IV still hooked to his hand. Douglas was exhausted from the night before, and he was still processing what had occurred to him.

His understanding of his predicament has grown tremendously as he has seen an impressive gain in his Gacha progress. There are a few things he has yet to test, but now is not the time, as one of the doctors was approaching the room to check on his friend.

A knock came on the door not long after. As the doctor and a team of nurses entered the room, Douglas stood up from the couch.

"Hello there, Douglas. Are you all right?" The doctor remarked this while looking at the bandages wrapped around Douglas's hand.

"I'll be fine, doctor," Douglas answered.

"Good." As he stepped over to the patient's bed to check his friend's pulse, the doctor said as much.

"Based on the facts that I've examined, he appears to be fine," the doctor added. "He has lost a lot of blood and needs to rest now. He should be able to wake up in about a few hours at most; after that, we'll give him some medication."

"Why did the doctor laugh at the X-ray? Because it was humerus. " Douglas joked.

The doctor simply chuckled. "wow you sounded like Doctor Daven he is my senior; it's a little strange for you to make that joke that is strange. But don't be concerned; he'll be alright. And remember to take the medications we've given you if you experience any discomfort."

Douglas simply hummed at him. "Thanks."

"You're welcome; after all, it's my job," the doctor said. "Well, I've got to go; see you later."

The doctor and his nursing staff then exited the room, leaving Douglas alone with his friend. Douglas took another big breath and sank back down on the couch.

He paused for a moment. He wanted to see a few things but was apprehensive about people barging in, although this does not appear to be the case.

So In a hushed voice, he began to chant ancient hymns.

purple flames appeared in his iris. The purple flames then vanished, leaving Douglas holding a black and red book.

The young man sat down on the couch and opened the book. He noticed that the pages were blank and had nothing in them at first, but he proceeded to flip through them and came across a picture card that appeared to be one with the page itself. It was a picture of a woman dressed in robes with a blindfold and a book in one hand The name "Property" was written on top of the depiction on the card.

He immediately spotted a statement scribbled beneath the card.

[I: Thou hast made a vow with Naya of Combat, granting thee the power to protect yourself from emotions and deceit.]

"protect myself from emotions and deceit?" Douglas whispered to himself as if he understood something.

Douglas kept turning the pages of the book until he came across another card depicting a woman in a modest garment. It was another card and had the title "Property" on top of it.

He also noticed words beneath the card.

[I: Thou hast made a vow with Naya of fertility, granting thee the sense of the enlightened.]

"WTF is with the half-vague sentences?" complained Douglas. "Sense of the enlightened... is that why I could tell what Riley was feeling when I was interacting with her but I thought that was my body language power? This is messed up…"

He discarded his thoughts and began to go through the pages, but he couldn't discover any more of those property cards. Douglas could only sigh; he quickly realized that if he was to locate more of this property, he needed to meet a lot more people; however, he didn't know how to tell if someone was of what Naya was looking for or not, so he could only do this thing blindly.

As he progressed through the book, he came across something. It appears to be the start of a new portion of the book, with a few phrases scrawled on it.

"The forbidden knowledge has been given to thee; no secrets shall be hidden from thee any more; the power of the Unseen is at thy command." He muttered to himself.

He turned the page, only to find two pages of gibberish. It exhibits bizarre symbols and instructions that Douglas intuitively recognized; he couldn't explain them, but he comprehended them all.

The title appeared on the first page and second pages. "Viel of Secrets" and "uncanny influence," respectively.

He read the first page, which described the spell.

"Secrets mean nothing to thee; even God could not hide anything," Douglas spoke in hushed tones. It was a basic statement of the spell, but it can be taken in a variety of ways.

The uncanny influence spell was also described on the next page.

"The Almighty's might travel through the domains of Manipulation," it said. Douglas could only be confused at the overly dramatic explanations of these two spells.

He then flipped the page again, only to find it blank till the end of the book.

"Just two?" Douglas muttered something. "How, then, do I obtain more?"

Douglas shifted his sight to the window, which overlooked the busy street in front of the hospital. He then had an idea, although he was hesitant to approach it.

"Should I look for the sanctum of those sorcerers?" he pondered.

Going there was undoubtedly a risk. As far as he knows, the Ancient One is still the Sorcerer Supreme, rather than Strange, which has advantages and disadvantages.

Douglas could only groan at his thoughts before rising to his feet. The book in his hands vanished as purple flame consumed it, leaving no trace behind. He then stepped out of the room, as he needed some fresh air.

The boy got into the elevator and hit the button that would take him to the ground floor. The elevator door closed slowly and started moving.

The door opened seconds later, but it was not on the ground floor. Douglas noticed a man enter the elevator, dressed in an exude suit.

The man stared at the boy strangely, as if he was thinking something about him.

"Have we met before?" the man inquired, almost pompously. "You appeared to be familiar."

"I don't think so," Douglas replied. "But, from the looks of it, you're also a friend, so you probably know the serpent, what's probably that."

"Ah, certainly," the man replied. "shadow Csar. What happened to him over the last few Days? haven't seen him since."

"Well, we had an incident recently, and he's in one of the patient rooms."

"Are you sure?" The man lifted his brow, clearly perplexed. "My condolences."

"Yeah…" Douglas muttered. "May I know your name?"

"Oh, Andreivitch," he remarked. "It's Grigori Andreivitch."

Oh shit the devil...

Douglas simply grinned at the information. "Firefox, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Douglas."

"It's also nice to meet you, Douglas." Andreivitch gave a strange nod. "What room is he in? I'll pay him e visit in my spare time, though I can just browse through the database myself."

"He is in room 616," answered Douglas.

"Thank you; I'll go there when I have some spare time." Andreivitch smiled weakly. "Your friend, you know, is quite good at his job—not quite as well as me, but rather good regardless. Planning on becoming a Brigadier too?"

Douglas simply laughed. "I'm not sure; I haven't decided yet."

"Well, think long and hard, kid," Andreivitch replied as the elevator doors opened. "I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah." Andreivitch exited the elevator as Douglas nodded faintly. The elevator finally takes him to the ground floor once the door is closed again.

Douglas went outside and sat on one of the benches in a small garden near the parking lot. As winter went fast, the temperature outside began to drop, and the boy simply took a big breath to clear his mind.

He sighed as he gazed down at his bandaged hand. "Do I have to wear this to school tomorrow?"

Duncan simply rested his bandaged hand on top of his thigh and gazed out at the sky. He wanted to get a new property when he encountered Firefox earlier, so he needed to do something about it but how 64 thousand dollars question could he obtain it Douglas did not want to talk to the Sorcerer Supreme for advice about his goddess he just needed to summon her and have an amount of time to have a meaningful conversation.

Douglas could only sit there for a short time, recharging his mind and relieving his exhaustion.

— 

Douglas was now strolling through the halls of his high school. He was carrying his usual backpack, with one hand clutching the strap and the other wrapped in bandages. When he entered the corridor, he noticed that everyone was staring at him, notably at the injury on his hand.

He ignored the looks and muttering; teens have an uncanny capacity to gossip. He could tell that virtually the entire school was aware of the incident two days prior; he could almost envision Captain Stacy coming through the school corridor with the principal, loudly informing the principal of Douglas's condition and the students accidentally hearing it.

could only sigh as he came to a halt in front of his locker. He opened the little compartment and placed his items inside before taking a few books to class.

European history was his first class, which was also held by his favorite teacher.

Before approaching the class where he was supposed to be, the boy passed past a mob of teenagers.

As he walked in, everyone within turned to face him. He could see Riley seated in front, and thankfully he was placed next to her; the teacher chose each student's seating arrangements in this class.

Douglas strolled to the front of the classroom and sat next to his girl, Riley.

"What happened to you?" Riley inquired. She appeared to be sad. 

"Well, I had to make sure my friend got to the hospital?" Douglas replied cynically. "Did the drive get you home?"

"Well, yes he did but why did you go to the hospital with him?" Riley inquired once more.

"He got shot in the arm before killing the guy who did it," Douglas remarked casually.

"W-What—"

Mr Del, the teacher, entered the room before Riley could say anything else. He continued to greet the students and began the class right away.

"Are you serious?" Riley inquired, ignoring the teacher speaking in front of him.

"Dead serious," Douglas said bluntly. "I stabbed a man in the throat with a kitchen knife. When he struggled to breathe, he made a gurgling sound."

Douglas chuckled a little when Riley flinched at Douglas's comment. "I'm joking, of course; it's just glass."

"G-Glass?"

"Yep." Douglas made a hum. "Glass. Don't worry about it."

Riley breathed a sigh of relief. "That looks painful."

"Well, after an hour or two, you get used to it." Douglas shook his head. He then chose to switch topics. "Did we get homework yesterday?"

"Just statistics," Riley replied. "You and your partner need to write an essay about Categorical/Qualitative Variables and Identifier Variables."

Douglas's brow furrowed. "An essay in the second week?"

Riley shook her head. "It is what it is."

Suddenly, the voice from the front of the class became more audible. "Mr Ramesy, Miss Ryan, do you have anything to say to the classroom?"

Mr Del had called their names, causing them to flinch.

"Y-Yes, Mm," Ripley mumbled.

Mr Del gazed at them both and sighed sadly. "Mr. Ramsey, the principal wants to meet you after this class."

Ripley felt like it was her fault for looking at Douglas, but Douglas only nodded. "I'll be there for sure, Mr del."

"Alright, what is the Kingdom of Prussia that's the question." Mr. Del said looking around. 

Sir Douglas said raising his hand. "Yes go ahead Ramsey," Mr. Del says. 

"East Prussia or East Germany, was a country in Central Europe that existed from its creation on 7 October 1949 until its dissolution on 3 October 1990. Until 1989, it was commonly viewed as a monarchial Christian state, its territory was administered and occupied by Russian forces with the autonomy of the native monarchists following the Berlin Declaration abolishing German sovereignty in World War II." Douglas said it could be heard he was proud of that fact. 

"Yes, that's right when the Potsdam Agreement established the Russian-occupied zone, bounded on the east by the Oder–Neisse line. East Prussia was dominated by the Fatherland Party of Germany a conservative monarchist party from 1949 to 1989 before being democratized and liberalized under the impact of the Revolutions of 1989 against the monarchial states, helping East Germany be united with the West. Unlike West Germany, East Prussia saw its state as the successor of the German Reich (1871–1945) and abolished the goal of unification in the constitution (1974). Under the rule, East Prussia was often judged as a Russian satellite state; most scholars and academics described it as a totalitarian regime."

Mr. Del said pacing around, "East Prussia was established after the anti-Nazi and anti-Western Nationalist revolutions (1933–1945) of the German Reich on 7 October 1949, while the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG) (preceded by the fragmentary self-governance of West German politicians), commonly referred to as West Germany, was established as a liberal democracy in the three Western US–UK–French occupied zones before. It was an ally of the Russian Empire. Russian authorities began transferring administrative responsibility to German monarchist leaders in 1948 and East Prussia began to function as an independent state on 7 October 1949, gaining nearly full sovereignty from the Russian Empire in 1955, although the Russian Empire was still deeply involved in this country's situation, especially via its Baltic German population. In 1972, East Germany was recognized by West Germany and vice versa as well and these two German independent countries together became two separate members of the United Nations the following year. Until 1989, East Prussia was governed by the Nationalist Party of Germany, a monarchist party founded in founded with the help of Russian monarchists in 1946; although other parties nominally participated in its alliance organization, the National Front of East Prussia. The country made the teaching of monarchism and Lutheran Christianity compulsory in schools, and while Russian was never compulsory - became a major foreign language."

"The economy of this country was centrally planned and state-owned. Prices of housing, basic goods, and services were heavily subsidized and set by central government planners rather than rising and falling through supply and demand. East Prussia became one of the most successful economies in the Eastern Bloc. Emigration to the West was a significant problem as many of the emigrants were well-educated young people; such emigration weakened the state economically. In response, the East Prussian government fortified its inner German border and later built the Berlin Wall in 1961. Many people attempting to flee were killed by border guards or booby traps such as landmines. Those captured spent long periods imprisoned for attempting to escape. In 1951, a referendum in East Prussia regarding the remilitarization of Germany was held, with 95% of the population voting in favor."

"In 1989, numerous social, economic, and political forces in East Prussia and abroad, one of the most notable being peaceful protests starting in the city of Leipzig, led to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the establishment of a government committed to liberalization. The following year, a free and fair election was held in the country and international negotiations between four occupation Allied countries and two German countries led to the signing of the Final Settlement treaty to replace the Potsdam Agreement on the status and border of future-reunited Germany. East Prussia ceased to exist when its five states ("Länder") joined the Federal Republic of Germany under Article 23 of the Basic Law and its East Berlin was also united with West Berlin into a single city of the FRG, on 3 October 1990. Several of East Prussia's leaders, notably its last communist leader Egon Krenz, were later prosecuted for offenses committed during East Prussia's times."

"Geographically, East Prussia bordered the Baltic Sea to the north, Poland to the east, Czechoslovakia to the southeast, and West Germany to the southwest and west. Internally, East Prussia also bordered the East Prussian and Russian sector of Allied-occupied Berlin, known as East Berlin, which was also administered as the country's de facto capital. It also bordered the three sectors occupied by the United States, United Kingdom, and France known collectively as West Berlin (de facto part of the FRG). The three sectors occupied by the Western countries were sealed off from East Prussia by the Berlin Wall from its construction in 1961 until it was opened in 1989 as part of the Peaceful Revolution against East Germany."

"Many German monarchists were disappointed that Hitler never returned the Kaiser. Monarchists had at first, supported Hitler's nationalist regime."

"Claus von Staffenburg, one of the co-conspirators in the many assassination attempts on Hitler, called on Russians for aid, the very nation that Germany had gone to war against. Many nobles in the former Reich had now turned their international allegiance, favoring the Russians, and it started with the very fact that Russia was being led by a German procurator-general, Vladimir Rennenkampf, who often spoke to his Central European counterparts in German."

"Staffenburg espoused the history of the League of the Four Emperors, to establish another alliance between Central European powers and Russia. General Rennenkampf however, despite his friendly relations with the Germans was extremely weary and cautious, as deep mistrust of Germans had still run pretty high in Russia, and remembering what his stepmother had made him go through."

"Therefore, General Rennenkampf met with Claus von Staffenburg, and the Rennenkampf-Staffenburg Pact was signed, a secretive protocol between German and Russian officers, to restore the German monarchy on the clear grounds that never again, would Germany declare war on Russia."

"From 1945-1947, the Nationalist Uprising led by Staffenburg opposed the Western allies, and their attempt to create another Weimar Republic. This was one of the first tense points that led to the Cold War, the Western allies almost immediately opposed this, and had a headache of what to do. The Russians provided the German nationalists with weapons, supplies, training, and food. Meanwhile, the Germans would provide Russia with the plans and blueprints of Nazi German inventions, giving the former the status of the second country to have massive atomic bombs."

The Western allies were baffled at how well the German nationalists were performing until they found that the Russians had been backing them up. Fearing the formation of a "New Axis", the Western allies immediately summoned Russian leaders to Potsdam, followed by an assassination attempt on General Rennenkampf, for what many saw as an act of traitors."

"Many former Nazis went to go join the German nationalist movement, feeling confident that Russia could protect them. General Rennenkampf gave loans to military plants in eastern Germany, or Prussia, to re-develop military supplies. Many on the Western side were simply too traumatized by World War II."

"Talks In Berlin, Western leaders argued that Russia had no business dictating post-war Germany's fate, using the Treaty of Bratislava as their excuse, which had ended Russian involvement in the war against Germany."

"Relations with West Germany Unlike our OTL Germany, East Prussia has cordial relations with West Germany. East Prussia traded heavily with both Russia and West Germany."

"See you guys this is one of the main reasons for the Cold War. plus the fact that Germany is a monarchy is because of that." Mr. Del spoke more passionately than ever before. 

Douglas hurriedly said goodbye to Ripley and walked right out of the room at the end of the class. He was about to head toward the principal's office when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

When Douglas looked around, he saw Gwen staring at him.

"You okay?" he asked, looking at his bandaged hand.

Douglas made a hum. "A lot of people have asked me that in the past two days, and to be honest, it's becoming annoying."

"Fine, I'm not going to ask you that anymore." Gwen let out a sigh. "Heard what happened from my dad, you sure are something."

"You're the one who spread the rumor, too?" Douglas joked.

"God no." Gwen shook her head. They both proceeded to stroll down the corridor. "Some girl theorized stuff about that incident; it quickly spread, though it's not that far from the truth."

"Teenagers frighten me," Douglas whispered.

"Aren't you one as well?" Gwen laughed. "Anyway, are you free after school?"

Douglas gave her an odd look. "Why do you ask?"

"Homework. Ripley must have told you." Gwen said it as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh, can't we do it later or something? The deadline is like, a week from now."

"The quicker the better." Gwen tilted her head. "Do you want to do it after school or not?"

"Okay, fine." Douglas let out a sigh. "Where?"

"I'm not sure... there's a diner nearby, you wanna go there?"

"No… how about the hospital?" Douglas proposed.

Gwen was perplexed. "Why the hospital?"

"My friend is still there, and you know, learning statistics in the hospital, it correlates right?"

Gwen just rolled her eyes in amusement. "Very funny... Just text me the room number and I'll go there."

"But… I don't have your phone number." Douglas stated such.

"Oh, yeah," Gwen murmured before raising her hand to Duncan and opening her palm as if to ask for something. "Give me your phone."

Douglas then gives Gwen his phone, which she uses to register her phone number.

"You don't have a lot of contacts," Gwen whispered as she handed him back his phone. "Well, I guess I'll see you later. Bye."

Gwen soon left Douglas alone, proceeding on to her next class, while Douglas paused in front of the principal's office, staring at his newly given phone.

"No rank up, huh?" he mumbled to himself, disappointed.

Douglas sat in a medium-sized room, in front of a very well-decorated desk. He was seated directly in front of the principal. Andrew Davis was the principal's name; he was a Scottish-looking man, tall in height, and he had a serious expression on his face.

The principal inspected Douglas's expression with his hands on the desk. He then exhaled deeply and spoke out.

"So, Mr. Ramsey, I heard about your situation from the Police Department; it must have been difficult for you during the last few days." The principal consoled.

"It's a little exhausting," Douglas said, a bit suspicious of where the conversation was going. "What's this about, Principal Davis?"

As he reclined back in his chair, the principal sighed. "The police suggested that you go to counseling; taking someone's life isn't something you can get rid of for the rest of your life, Mr. Ramsey."

"Therapy sessions?" Douglas raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

"Because our staff lacks the necessary skills to handle your case, the school board agreed to hire a psychologist for you so you could attend the sessions after school," explained the principal. "You may get it at the nurse's office."

"Is it mandatory?" questioned Douglas, a bit annoyed.

"Well, your mother is a locum tenens psychiatrist; certainly she knows how vital mental wellness is to your overall health." The principal smiled.

"Well, how many sessions do I need to attend?" Douglas inquired once more.

"How about twice a week for one month? How about that?" asked the principal.

Douglas could only grunt in resignation. "Fine. Let's say I go to those sessions. Will the session's content be disclosed to others?"

The principal laughed. "Of course not, Mr. Ramsey; I can tell you that your therapists will be as professional as they possibly can be."

Douglas's pupils constricted. He could tell the principal was lying because of his body language. He could tell there was something fishy going on.

"Alright, fine, I agree to the counseling," said Douglas. "It's not going to start right now, is it?"

The principal exhaled a sigh of relief. "No, the sessions will begin tomorrow; after that, you can discuss when you want to continue with the therapist."

"Great, thanks," Douglas answered halfheartedly. "May I leave now?"

The principal nodded. "Of course, you still have time to get to your next class."

After that, Douglas left the principal room, leaving towards his next class.

Douglas sat near the window of his friend's hospital room. He hasn't fully recovered yet, which is concerning, but the doctors have assured him that he will be OK and that he is simply recuperating his stamina.

Douglas reflected on the "therapy sessions" that Principal Davis had assigned to him. At first look, it appeared logical that a teenager who had killed someone would be urged to go to therapy by the police, but he kept wondering if the principal lied about the contents of the sessions being released or not.

He'd asked the inquiry half-heartedly since he knew it was just basic decency and regulation that therapists don't reveal their patients' statements, but it turns out the principal was lying.

Is he simply reading it too much? Or do the cops want to find out more about him?

Then there's the issue of Wilson Fisk wanting to complete the job with him and his friend. He had failed to murder every guest that he wanted dead; perhaps he would be more cautious and place a bounty on his and his friend's heads.

But then again, maybe he won't continue pursuing Douglas and his serpent friend.

His thoughts were then abruptly interrupted by a knock on the hospital room door. He checked his phone's clock and saw that it was almost 5 p.m.; it was time to meet with Gwen.

Douglas approached the door and pushed it open. Gwen was standing awkwardly in front of the room, uneasy due to the hospital atmosphere.

"Hey, yeah, this isn't a good idea," she mumbled. "It's strange to tell the receptionist that I want to see your friend, even though I don't know him and just want to finish my homework."

Douglas shrugged. "You, on the other hand, wanted to finish it as fast as possible. If you can only wait a few more days, we might be in a different scenario right now."

Gwen let out a sigh. "Fine, whatever, let's just get this over with."

Gwen was taken aback by the size of the room the moment she stepped inside. It was meant to be a hospital patient room, but it was surprisingly large. She could see couches around the corner, a TV, and another room going to the actual patient.

"I didn't know that there was a hospital room like this," Gwen muttered. "Is your friend there?"

Douglas sat on the couch and nodded. "He hasn't recovered completely yet, but if you want to meet him, sure."

"Well, I brought him some flowers," Gwen explained. "But if he hasn't recovered yet, then I'd rather not disturb him."

"OK, just put the flowers on the table," Douglas responded. Gwen did exactly that before joining Douglas on the couch.

Douglas hurriedly opened his laptop, opening a Word file to complete the essay once they were both comfortable.

"So, first, we need to know what the most effective Data collection method is, and then we can expand on that." Gwen elaborated.

"Well, that's simple," Douglas said. "Experiments:Pros: Experiments allow you to establish causal relationships by manipulating variables. They are highly controlled and structured.
Cons: Conducting experiments can be resource-intensive, and ethical considerations must be taken into account. Is the way to go for our focus."

Gwen was surprised. "Did you conduct any preparatory research before I arrived?"

"No, my mum taught me basics last year." Douglas shook his head. "Anyway, you can do the opening of the essay; I can do the rest if you want."

"I- okay…" Gwen muttered. "Just make sure the citations are correct."

"Alright…"

They both then began their work. They've divided the task in half, with Douglas voluntarily taking on the heavier of the two. They went on for almost forty-five minutes, and by that time, Gwen had already finished her portion.

Meanwhile, Douglas was completely engaged in writing the essay, and Gwen was unable to speak with him during this time, so she could only roam around the hospital, admiring the quite luxurious hospital room.

She peered out the window and noted that it was now strongly raining. She considered how she would get home if this continued, but eventually abandoned her thoughts for her future self.

"Douglas?" She attempted to elicit a response from the boy.

Douglas only hummed, indicating that he had heard her.

Gwen couldn't think of anything to say, so she just said, "Never mind..."

The girl eventually ran out of things to view in the place and returned to the couch. She sat down on the couch and opened her phone; it was now close to 6 p.m.

She looked up to see Douglas still concentrating on the essay. She looked at his face, his glasses reflecting the words he had entered on the screen. She found it difficult to imagine that this boy had killed an adult just two days before, yet he appeared... undisturbed.

"I know I said I wouldn't ask, but I can't help myself," Gwen explained quietly. "Are you truly okay?"

When Douglas heard those words, he instantly stopped typing. He turned to face Gwen, his glasses still reflecting the document's wording. "What do you mean?"

"My dad said that killing a human being scars you and you're still what? Sixteen years old?" she continued.

Douglas was perplexed. He positioned his laptop on the table in front of him and concentrated on Gwen. "Well, it is what it is. Even if I cry about it, the memory will not go away. I only consider the present. I survived that hellhole, as did my friends, and I can still communicate with you and other people. It's a better fate than the other guests thawed in the reception room."

"Is it real bad?" Gwen inquired quietly once more. "The accident, I mean."

"I mean... yeah..." Douglas let out a sigh. "Bodies all over the place, blood on the carpet, screaming and shouting... you name it."

"And my dad was there?"

Douglas gave a nod. "Yes, in the aftermath. He was the one who questioned me after I left that place."

Douglas saw the girl's expression; she appeared anxious and fearful.

"You don't like that your dad is a cop?"

"Well, I think it's an honorable work, so no," she said, a little weakly.

Douglas could tell she was lying.

Gwen narrowed her eyes as the boy giggled at the sight.

"What?" the girl asked, irritably.

"You're terrible at lying," Douglas replied. "You should talk to him about it; he'll probably listen to you. Maybe you could sort it out."

Gwen murmured. "I guess I'll try that... though I doubt he'll do anything about it,"

"At least you tried," Douglas replied as he grabbed his laptop once again. He was ready to continue typing when he heard a loud sound that sounded like chains coming apart again. The boy flinched, but then weakly smiled at himself.

The boy concluded his work around 20 minutes later. Gwen had offered to be the one to put the finishing touches on the essay and submit it; Douglas easily agreed, and the file he was working on was transferred to Gwen's laptop.

Douglas peered outside; it was still raining, so he returned his attention to Gwen. "How do you get back home? Outside, it's still raining."

"I can call my dad, but I think his shift doesn't end for another couple of hours."

Douglas let out a sigh. "All right, I'll call Paul."

"Paul?" Gwen inquired, puzzled.

"My helper. He's usually the one who drives me around." Douglas then called Paul to the hospital.

Douglas was now in the hospital drop-off zone. Paul and his car came to a stop near the hospital's front door, and the passenger door was opened as Gwen entered.

Douglas dove to match Paul's stare, and his head entered the car through the window. "Just listen to her directions and you'll be fine."

Douglas frowned deeply as Paul smirked at him the entire time.

"What?" Douglas inquired.

"Kid, it's only the second week of school." Paul grinned.

"Jesus, it's not like that, Paul," Douglas remarked. He turned to face Gwen, who was staring at him with amusement. "Ignore him; he's always this way."

"Sure." Gwen laughed. "See you at school."

Douglas hummed, and his head exited the car. Paul then drove away, leaving Douglas alone at the hospital's entrance.

Douglas took a deep breath as the cold wind of the rain hit his face, then turned back to the front door and entered the building.

When he returned to the serpent room, he opened the crowd pleasure and examined the words added underneath the scribbles.

[II: The ultimate digression had recognized thee as a friend, granting thee the mind of the enlightened.]

Douglas lifted an eyebrow. "The mind of the enlightened? What's that?"

The boy was simply too weary to consider the significance of those words, so he unsummoned the book and went to bed.

Douglas sat on one of the gym seats at school. He was looking at the court in front of him; the sound of shoes squeaking could be heard as the class was playing dodgeball at the time.

He sat alone, waiting for his turn. He could see Parker and his friend Ned conversing in the corner, and Gloria conversing with Gwen on the opposite side of the court, both seemingly waiting for their turns.

Douglas at silently, evidently observing the game closely, as the game progressed. But he was reinking something else. He was thinking about the "properties" he needed to advance into more of those beneficial little abilities. He assumed it would be easy with Gwen because she was a classmate but that's Peter's future girl; with Miss Lee, he could just escalate quicker and he would be in that mouth, but he didn't know where he could talk to her after that.

In his opinion, the abilities were the most difficult. He couldn't think of a way Gwen's father didn't have any reaction; after all, she was only his classmate, nothing more, and asking her if he could meet her father would be awkward.

That is, he is assuming that he could make property out of Gwen's father; after all, there was also that other cop, but he thought the chances of that were slim.

Another possibility is that the property isn't with Gwen's father in the first place, but he was still puzzled about how this system of naya works—is the property exclusively for individuals? Can properties be formed based on the notion that the other party is, well, a party?

Can he form a relationship with an organization like the NYPD?

He believed that theory made sense, but how can he form a property-based relationship with them if that's the case? Every day, he enters the precinct. helping them catch criminals?

Helping them...

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as Mr. Wilson, the PE instructor of this class, called his name.

"Ramsey!" he yelled. "You're awake?."

When Douglas's name was called, he just sighed. He removed his glasses. While he knew that wearing glasses to school was redundant because he didn't need them, he still felt the need to blend in; after all, Douglas had previously loved wearing glasses and he was not going to give that up.

Though now that he thinks about it, that's just a stupid notion. After all, he still had to remove his glasses for PE.

"Hurry up, Ramsey!" exclaimed Mr. Wilson. "To the court!"

Mr. Wilson's instructions were followed by Douglas. Each squad consisted of four men and two women; Douglas's team included himself, Thompson, Ned Leeds, Peter Parker, Sally Avril, and Gloria Grant.

Thompson whispered to my ear we were in position.

"Great, why are there literal women on my team," he grumbled in displeasure. He then glanced at Sally Avril, who was hot. "Do you think I have a chance with her..."

"Of course you do broski," I say.

Douglas thought that this world's Flash Thompson was better. He's not like the MCU movies Douglas saw in his previous life. Bulkier, considerably whiter, and a bigger chad.

Mr. Wilson appeared to expect Thompson to win by himself and blew the whistle.

Thompson began the game by throwing the ball as hard as he could to the opposing squad. Midtown High is known for its football and basketball teams, but the team in front of them isn't particularly athletic.

Thompson resumed the game by outing three of the boys in less than a minute. It was a massacre, but the final boy on the opposing team, an African-American called Abraham, evaded the ball, and possession shifted to the opposing team.

Abraham demonstrates a tremendous throw. He started with Ned since he was the easiest to beat up, and then he moved on to Parker, who did have his powers and was solely impossible to beat up.

However, when Abraham targeted Douglas, he effortlessly caught the ball Abraham hurled at him. Douglas then launched a counterattack by throwing it at the boy. The softball flew through the air and landed on the boy's head, putting him out cold.

There were several gasps from the bench when Douglas conceded that it looked terrible from a distance.

"Oooh… Are you okay?" Douglas asked, still in his area.

Abraham wriggled a little in agony before groaning. "Yes, I'm OK. Good throw though."

"Alright, move out of the court, Brown," said Mr. Wilson to Abraham.

The game then continued. The rest of the two enemy teams, Gwen and another girl that Douglas didn't know, stood awkwardly. Douglas, with the ball in his hand, smirked at the blonde girl, which made her frown.

"Okay, you boys, you can stop now," said Mr. Wilson, stopping the game. "Girls, continue playing."

Douglas was a bit disappointed at the announcement. He continued to put on a grin towards Gwen before dropping the ball to the ground.

Though Douglas thought, is this even Dodgeball? It doesn't look like it to him, to be honest...

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder; it was Thompson.

"Good one, Douglas you didn't suddenly become a bitch," he said with a very pleasant smirk.

Douglas merely smiled and looked at him strangely. He then sat on the benches for the remainder of the lesson.

Hurried steps weren't unnatural sounds on S.H.I.E.L.D. premises – nor long, determined strides. Actual running, however, never bodes well, making heads rise and eyes follow the possible bearer of ill news.

Fury didn't turn to see the arrival, hearing the boots stop a few feet from him in hesitation, then continue onwards.

"Director Fury," an officer from the communications unit proceeded, "we just got a call from the Russians. Their satellites picked up an image of something they couldn't identify."

Fury turned, his mind already a step ahead; if the Russians had seen something, regardless of their ability to recognize it, for them to notify S.H.I.E.L.D. – least of all to ask for help – was very unusual. The officer held a folder out to him and he opened it, finding a picture that was no doubt of the finest quality, yet against the black background, he could at first make out very little. Then he began to recognize a shape in the middle.

"When was this taken?" he asked, eye still on the picture.

"Two days ago. There's another image…"

Fury looked up briefly at not being told that earlier, then flipped a page and there it was, much clearer than the first one. "And the other one?" he demanded.

"This morning, sir. It's… getting closer, and there are others. Our satellites are getting into position to confirm their findings. NASA has been alerted and this has been moved up to the highest priority."

Fury studied the image a bit longer. Should he be a man of a lesser security clearance he might have guessed he was looking at some image from the latest science fiction movie. However, he knew this design although they had very little data to go on, seeing as there had been a battle raging at the time…

"Call the Avengers," he called out, knowing Hill would get to it at once. "Get a hold of Dr. Banner if you can." He closed the folder, looking up. His second in command was already passing on the word to assemble the Earth's mightiest heroes, and Fury briefly wondered what their reaction to this would be.

The bridge was buzzing with life and noises, people running around with notes, files, and tablets in hand, transferring data and coordinating a response to the latest threat. Steve didn't know what it was they had been called in for but it had sounded urgent.

"There hasn't been this much activity since Loki's last visit," Clint said dryly, entering the room beside him. He looked unimpressed but that was just his way of dealing with the upcoming hardships that surely lay in wait.

Daisy Johnson was already seated at the table, staring off into the distance. Fury was standing at his post, back turned to them for now, but Steve was certain the Director knew they had arrived.

"I hear he tried calling Bruce in for this as well," Clint went on, taking a seat beside Daisy Johnson. Steve took his usual place at the table, glancing at all the empty chairs. It did not do him any good to remember who had vacated which ones of them, but sometimes he couldn't help it. Recalling Bruce standing behind his chair, nervous yet more in control than any of them might ever be. Tony, ready to plan another way to break into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files… He wondered if they ever would have been friends, the way his father and Steve had been. He liked to think so, yet he would never know.

Tony had trusted him on the field, though, allowing him to call the shots… Had he trusted him to make the right call in the end, too? To stop him from flying into the portal with that nuke – or had that been the right thing to do?

He drew in a careful breath and turned his head to see two men entering. One of them he recognized and he smiled briefly, standing up to shake the older man's hand: "Doctor Selvig, it has been a while."

"I wish we were meeting under better circumstances," the astrophysicist smiled grimly.

"Then you must know something we don't," Clint spoke up.

Erik Selvig gave them all a look and then sat down; clearly, he wasn't going to divulge their reason for being here and Steve was getting a feeling maybe he didn't want to know.

The younger man who had followed Selvig into the room looked around hesitantly, clearly not used to the idea of sitting at the same table with the Avengers – that happened a lot, Steve had noticed – then picked the seat next to Selvig, uncomfortably fiddling with his suit. Daisy Johnson and Clint both looked at him with apparent disinterest although Steve knew they both wondered who he was and why he was attending a meeting with them.

"We're all here, it seems," Fury spoke up and turned towards them, striding over. Dark, opaque walls rose around them, blocking the rest of the bridge and its noises from them. The young man jumped slightly and tried to appear nonchalant when no one else reacted. "Meet Benjamin Pollack," Fury went on, introducing the dark-haired man. "He's from our R&D and was the first person to get one of the abandoned Chitauri weapons to work."

"Hi," the guy smiled nervously at them. "Just call me Benny."

"Mr. Pollack," Steve nodded his head then moved his eyes up to Fury. "Are those weapons why we've been called here?" he asked. He knew a lot of debris had been left lying on the streets of New York City after the battle was over, not all of them originating from Earth, yet even S.H.I.E.L.D. fiddling with the weaponry of some alien race felt risky and unnecessary to him. However, it had not been his place to question it years ago, and clearly, it wasn't the case now, either.

"Not exactly," Fury replied as multiple screens appeared on the surface of the table. They showed a series of images from space, Steve could tell that much instantly – and something hovering in the middle.

He leaned closer, narrowing his eyes, trying to make sure he saw what he thought he saw. "Space ships," he finally volunteered his verdict.

"The first images were taken five days ago. By now we have established that they are moving towards us and are not going to move past the planet if they maintain their current course."

"They're coming to Earth?" Daisy Johnson frowned.

"Do we know who's coming?" Clint added.

"I hoped you could clarify that," Fury responded, looking at the Avengers and Dr. Selvig, leaning forward against the table. "We had very few reliable sources on the ground while the portal was open above Manhattan. You may have gotten a glimpse of whatever Stark managed to blow up before the portal closed."

There was silence. Steve knew he couldn't be the only one to think back to that moment, those long seconds – minutes – that they waited before they had to close the portal or risk being back to square one. "I don't think any of us got a good look at what lay on the other side of the portal," he finally said. "We were somewhat preoccupied at the time." He couldn't completely erase the edge from his voice.

"What are the odds that this is some revenge cooked up by the Chitauri?" Clint continued after him. "Weren't they from the other edge of the galaxy or something?"

"They were able to open a portal between two points in space," Selvig observed. "I think it's too premature to rule out their means of travel as insufficient to reach us, given the right amount of time."

"The designs seem similar," Benjamin Pollack spoke up suddenly, clearing his throat self-consciously as everyone's eyes turned towards him. "Of what we can see in the images, and what we have studied… It could be of the same origin."

"How likely is it that they are not of the same origin?" Clint challenged. "We haven't exactly had a queue of alien ships awaiting visiting rights to Earth."

"Whoever they are, we must be prepared," Fury cut in then turned to look at Steve. "Do you think you would be able to talk Dr. Banner into returning? We might need him soon."

"Bruce has no desire to be included in this anymore." Steve tried not to sigh. "He did his part."

"If the worst happens, it doesn't matter where he's hiding," Fury responded hotly. "If those ships arrive and attack us, we'll need him back on the team."

Steve nodded; he could see that. "I'll… try to talk to him again."

"Do you know where he is?" Daisy Johnson asked. Of course, she knew he and Bruce met at least once a year in Malibu; they all knew yet they never said anything or pushed to join them.

"Not right now, but I have a feeling you do," Steve glanced at Fury knowingly.

The Director simply nodded.

Steve could see why Bruce was so leery of coming back, yet if the world was in danger, he knew the man wouldn't keep hiding. He had played the part of a hero once; that wasn't something you turned your back on when you were needed again.

"We'll keep tracking the situation," Fury concluded. "Until we are certain the threat has passed, we're at Level Six."

"Doesn't get much higher than that," Clint muttered as they rose to leave, the walls sliding back.

Daisy Johnson agreed nonverbally and the two of them left the bridge without further ado.

"Could I get a copy of those pictures?" Steve asked. It would be good to have something corporeal to show Bruce once he went after him. Fury nodded again and turned back to his screens. Steve guessed he would just wait until they located Bruce and sent him down to meet him. Maybe he should try to come up with some good lines in the meantime, seeing as there were a few possible outcomes to his visit and some of them weren't all that pleasant.

Bruce hadn't gotten far. He was in Nicaragua when a S.H.I.E.L.D. plane dropped Steve off there and left him to fend for himself with some supplies, money, and a radio to get them to pick him up again – or pick up what was left of him. Steve wasn't concerned about the latter; he and Bruce were friends, and he knew he could trust the guy, but one could never be too sure with the Hulk lurking beneath the surface and Steve knew that if he approached this carelessly, it would get messy very fast.

It was a good thing he wasn't the careless type.

The village was small and remote yet there were enough people that it took Steve a while to find Bruce, who was very good at mingling. It wasn't actually that he found the man but that his target took pity on him.

"You stick out like a sore thumb, Cap," Bruce noted from behind him where Steve had been scanning yet another street to find a familiar face. He turned, finding a humorless smile on Bruce's face. "Fury just doesn't take 'no' for an answer."

"Did he tell you why he tried to call you in?" Steve replied.

Bruce looked around and then started walking. Steve followed him to a house and a small room upstairs that seemed to serve as Bruce's current home. "No. I didn't want to know, and he didn't seem excited about saying it over the phone," the scientist mused as he emptied his bag, placing items on a rickety table; some food with labels Steve couldn't read, medical supplies probably not for Bruce himself and a few other random items.

Steve pulled a carefully folded stack of papers from his pocket, handing them over to Bruce. The man met his eyes before taking them, pulling his glasses down to his nose before unfolding the pictures, shuffling through them slowly as if pondering each picture from all the possible angles. "They're coming here," Steve told him once he was certain Bruce had seen each picture at least once. "We're on the clock and if those things are hostiles –"

"So that's the plan: pit us against whatever emerges from those ships?" Bruce raised an eyebrow and threw the pictures to the table next to his purchases.

"We don't stand alone but we have to be ready," Steve insisted.

Bruce turned slightly, his back half-turned to Steve, regarding his small room and the noises outside. Perhaps they were all familiar to him, wherever he went, but Steve felt like neither of them belonged here.

"If it's the Chitauri…" he started, knowing he didn't need to say more; Bruce's shoulders tensed, fingers curling into fists.

"You don't know that," Bruce finally said, voice strained. Perhaps it was just the poor light or his eyes were a bit green when he looked at Steve again.

"They seem to be giving it the benefit of the doubt, but that's the biggest fear," Steve pressed.

Bruce looked away again, drawing a careful breath, unclenching his hands with a visible effort. He leaned forward, against the table, hands set on either side of the pictures. Steve knew what the other man was contemplating – that part of him hoped it was the Chitauri, by some miracle, and that they would all get revenge. It might not bring Tony back but it would allow them to avenge him.

"If it's them, then… we'll see, I guess," Bruce finally replied, standing up, his expressions under control again. "Let's get you some food. I'm sure you're starving."

Steve smiled, knowing it was better to roll with it than keep pestering Bruce about his decision. "I won't say no to that," he admitted and they returned to the street. Bruce weaved effortlessly past people, leading Steve along to a smaller street and then to a house that looked no more special than the rest, a small sign hanging outside it.

There were a few tables set in a small room that looked more like someone's own dining area. Bruce took a seat and motioned for Steve to do the same. Then, as a young woman came by Bruce chatted with her for a moment, probably in Spanish, then settled back. "I helped her aunt deliver a baby last week," he told Steve then shrugged, "I get a discount."

A pitcher of water was soon set between them with two glasses and a while later they were presented with food that Steve had never seen before but which was good – plus he was hungry so it didn't matter what the food looked like, or if the taste and texture wasn't something he was used to.

They ate heartily, Steve feeling full by the end, even with his metabolism, and he insisted on paying for the food when Bruce started to count some bills he pulled from his pocket. "I'm here on S.H.I.E.L.D. business so it's only fair they pay for it."

Bruce smiled, waiting as Steve counted an appropriate amount of bills on the table then led the way out again.

They passed what had to be a local bar, with people sitting outside, playing board games, and talking loudly. There was a TV fixed to the wall, the picture was a bit shaky at times. As they walked by it the crowd suddenly fell silent and someone increased the volume of the broadcast. Steve didn't pay attention to it but Bruce stopped in front of him, looking over then walking towards the gathering crowd.

There were murmurs of unrest; Steve could recognize those even in a foreign country. On the screen he could see some kind of news clip, showing an enormous dark hull of a ship in the sky – a spaceship because nothing else could look like that. There were several other shots, perhaps from other locations, some of them less clear and grainy. There was also an image of a map, then a feed from the ground, a pillar of smoke rising in the distance.

"They're here," Bruce muttered. "The Chinese launched a missile at the ship. The response wiped out an entire city…" His eyes remained fixed to the screen, his face passive yet it was a sign that his brain was working much faster.

"We need to go," Steve said.

Bruce just nodded and then turned to continue the way back to his apartment. Steve couldn't help but look up to the sky as they walked, noticing that quite a few people were doing the same, yet there was nothing to be seen but the clouds and the familiar blue skies. 

The powerful countries of the world were doing their preparations.

0