Bonus chapter – Paradox
2.4k 7 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Elizabeth's POV-

 

I took a look at the comment section of the ongoing stream. Waves and waves of toxic comments from millions of viewers just pass through in a blink of an eye. So fast that I couldn't even read their profile names fully. Most of them have the same context though and many users just repeatedly type the same disparaging words.

 

What a trash team

 

Lost to wamen KeKw

 

F*** lost my money because of this shit team

 

Washed-up players should just retire!

 

How can you even lose like this to girls lol

 

WTF NG gt dstroyed. Wata trash team xoxoxo

 

Good luck in div 2 kekl

 

They dont even belong to div 2, they belong in the dumpster

 

"I don't understand. How can they be so cruel? When team NG were winning their games, all the comments were full of praise and congratulations. But now that they are losing games, when they need encouragement the most, all these people type are nasty comments instead." I whined at the injustice.

"Yeah I agree, and what is wrong with losing to women? Those guys are so gender-biased." Lenna fumed.

"Just let it be and just don't read the comments. Some people are just like that cause they want something to feel good about themselves at the cost of others' misfortune. They drag others down to feel superior to them. What utter garbage of human beings." Kat replied testily.

This is shocking. I've never seen Kat this angry before. She always seems so understanding and forgiving. Though I quite agree with her, those comments are getting a bit over the top.

"T-That's quite philosophic of you Katherine, I didn't know you could say stuff like that ahahha," Lenna said placatingly in order to calm her down.

As if recognizing Lenna's attempt, Kat composed herself.

"Somebody just told it to me once. I didn't understand it at first, but now I think I realize what he meant." Kat replied.

"He seems like an intelligent person." I prodded.

"He is," She nodded.

"That is why he became our captain," Kat murmured something I didn't quite hear.

I wanted to pry but she seemed to not want to talk about it.

"So, shall we stop watching then?" Lenna asked cheerfully to lighten the mood.

"No, wait, not just yet! Just close the comment session, I want to see the winner's interview." I hurriedly denied it.

"There is an interview?" Kat asked.

"There is, only for the winners though since interviewing the losers of the match would be quite awkward.....I hope it's Yuna or Murasame they interview." I voiced out.

"Yuna is their captain right?" Lenna inquired.

"U-huh. Eun Ae Seong, ign Yuna 20 years old. A Korean child actress that became a streamer/pro gamer and recently got the position of team Atelier's new captain even though she is their youngest member. She's my inspiration on why I started streaming and also has the largest fanbase out of all the CoA streamers. My dream is to have as many viewers as her in my live streams in the future." I said as a proper fangirl would.

".......I see, I'm sure you'll achieve it someday. Especially after we win the u20 tourney, you'll get closer to your dream." Kat replied encouragingly.

"Hahaha, it's fine if we don't win as long as we have fun during the event."

To be quite honest, our chance of winning the whole tournament is minuscule at best, that is if we even get past the elimination. There are too many good teams out there that we don't even know of. I'll still do my best to get our team as far as I can though.

"Ohh it's starting!" Lenna exclaimed.

"Here is what you've been waiting for, we have the opportunity to interview who you guys voted as the MVP of the match, Ms. Aoi Yamamoto." Lumen hyped.

"Ohh they actually got her to interview, She rarely makes an appearance for things like this."

"Ms. Aoi, thank you so much for giving us your time for the interview."

"It is my pleasure." a softspoken voice came from the screen.

She has a little bit of a Japanese accent but her English is fluent even in her streams. I even wonder sometimes if the team Atelier requires its players to be proficient in English.

"First question, some of the staff told me that they had a replay in slow-mo of the 1st game match when you defeated Tactical, is it true you did four slashes that time instead of three?" Dr.Manhunt, the other panelist voiced his inquiry.

"Whoa you're right Kat! do your eyes actually have a slow-mo feature?" Lenna asked shockingly.

"Just a lucky guess." Kat downplayed the praise.

It's unreal that she saw through it, I made the right choice in recruiting her for the team, she's extremely talented. She just needs good gear and a max-level character and she might become unstoppable. It is such a shame she chose to play support though, I would have loved to spar with her if she had just created a DPS character so we could both improve.

"Yes, that is correct. I have been training and improving a lot in preparation for this year's AC tournament." Aoi answered with determination.

"Hooh, it's as if three instant slashes aren't enough, now it's four. I dread to be on the receiving end of that combo." Dr.Manhunt shuddered to prove his point.

"Next question. With this loss, team NG will undoubtedly go to division 2 and fail to participate in the upcoming 4th Andartha cup, does your team regret beating them this series?" Lumen inquired.

"I am not sure about my other teammates but I regret nothing. We are all rivals in the end and I always do my best no matter who the opponent is." Aoi stated bluntly.

"As expected from Murasame. I have another question for you, a lot of players are comparing you to Yuusha as you are considered by most pro players and fans alike as currently the best female player in CoA. What are your thoughts on it, Ms. Aoi?" Rainstorm, the 3rd panelist asked.

"I think it's an honor to be considered her equal," she replied curtly.

"Follow-up question, many fans are also debating who will win in a 1v1 against you two, what do you think of your odds if you two were to have a match?" Rainstorm pressed.

"I will win, I cannot fathom her dodging my slashes, even if she is still in her prime three years ago," she answered confidently.

"Oh ho! A straightforward answer as always. One of the reasons why we love to have you on interviews like this." Lumen chimed.

"A lot of Yuusha's die-hard fans would not agree with that though," I mumbled.

"Who do you guys think will win if they do fight 1v1?" Lenna asked curiously.

"It's hard to tell, But I'm a big Yuusha fan so I'll vote for her." I let out my biased thoughts.

"How bout you Katherine, who do you think will win?" Lenna asked Kat.

"I honestly have no idea...... But I would love to see them battle one day." Kat grinned in anticipation.

I saw a glint in her eyes as she talked. Almost as if she's really anticipating Yuusha and Murasame's match. I mean who wouldn't though, it would be epic. One who can dodge anything and another whose attacks cannot be dodged. Like the unstoppable force paradox. Sadly, I'm probably just getting my hopes up, Yuusha is already retired so it may never happen in this lifetime.

"Thank you so much for answering all our questions, Ms. Aoi. Ladies and gentlemen for those of you watching the live stream, give it up for Murasame 'The Unseen Blade'!." Lumen hyped.

"You are very welcome," she answered promptly before the screen switched back to the panel signaling the end of the interview.

"Sooo, what should we do next it is still too early." Lenna inquired.

I'm going to grind my new character in CoA." Kat voiced her thoughts.

I can kinda understand her. I'm itching to play CoA now after witnessing those highly skilled players fight each other. I want to play with Kat too, I haven't even added her to my in-game friend list yet.

"You're power leveling now right? Want me to boost you." I asked her.

She seemed to ponder for a moment before answering.

"No thanks. The mobs at my current level are not that strong enough to require any assistance. I'm also going to focus on the main quests to earn extra XP."

"Ohh, okay. That's true I guess." I said dejectedly.

".......But you can help me grind after I get past level 50 where grinding is more efficient with party members. I need to level up quickly so we can practice for the tournament."

"Sure leave it to me, I'll boost you till level 95!" I enthusiastically said

 

After eating snacks and Lenna trying to convince Kat (And getting rejected many times) for us to sleep over at her apartment, we said our farewell to Kat and her mother. After that, Lenna and I went straight to our respective houses while I pondered what our future in the upcoming tournament would bring.

138