Ch6 Naps And Decisions
223 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I still needed to defeat the soldiers so they won't annoy us later, so I raised my sword in master's hand to point toward the soldiers. Master was confused for a moment because I just moved without her doing anything, but she probably dismissed it because she thought it was my doing.

 

The solid mana on my blade started glowing more intensely starting from my handle. When the glow reached the tip of my blade, a magic circle appeared in front of it.

 

Not even a second later, the magic circle activated, and black long tentacles grew out of it and shot at the soldiers, grabbing them. Shortly after, the tentacles started producing black goo and covering the grabbed soldiers in it like a cocoon, trapping them but keeping them alive.

 

It didn't take 10 seconds for all enemies to be trapped, including the higher-ranking soldiers controlling the advances.

 

I smirked in pride. Of course, they'd grovel under my blade. No human could hope to ever resist this mighty sword! My smirk turned into a laugh.

 

Master looked around, trying to see if everyone is alright. When she spotted her mother, she smiled in relief and asked me to fly her over to her mother, who was looking back at her.

 

"Are you alright, honey? What is that castle? Or that sword and the small girl floating next to you? Why are you flying? Where were you?" Master's mother asked in worry and embraced master as soon as she was in her range. "I am fine, mum. It's a long story. This is Mytheria, she is this sword. I found her in that flying castle. We can trust her. Don't worry, everyone will be saved." Master assured her mother.

 

"Master, shouldn't we first catch or collect the soldiers and put them in the Mythbearer's prison?" I asked. "We'll do just that. Could you please make a way to the castle, Mytheria?" Master asked of me. My spirit nodded and flew towards the control room to lower the castle, open the gates and make a pathway to the entrance.

 

After inputting everything, the castle lowered itself, and a semi-transparent, but solid blue bridge made of mana formed from the ground to the gates, which opened shortly after the bridge finished forming.

 

I peeked out at master, my eyes sparkling and asking for praise. She spotted me after looking away from the newly formed bridge and smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I jumped in the air happily and exited the control room, quickly arriving in front of master.

 

"I'll move the prisoners now. There is a big living room in the castle, master. You can get comfortable there. Just search for it on the terminal at the entrance. Anyways, I'll move now." I said and wanted to fly away, but got stopped by master "Hey, Mytheria. You said that we could move the villagers into the castle, but having them all as residents of the castle itself wouldn't work and I don't want to make them servants, so is there a way to expand the Mythbearer Castle and make normal homes? If so, then could you please make some for everyone that wants to move if that isn't too much?"

 

I looked back at her and pointed my right thumb at myself while puffing out my chest "Just leave it to me, master!" before flying off to fulfill the tasks my master gave me. I will do anything to make her proud and show her how amazing I am.

 

The task was soon completed and I returned to my master's side by returning to my sword. She was explaining how she went through the castle and found me, so I decided not to interrupt them. Master's mother also explained some things and asked master a few questions.

 

I decided to relax and just laid down on master's lap next to my sword form to take a nap. I didn't want to interrupt them or be annoying after all and I am not really needed in this conversation anyway. I closed my eyes and retracted my wings so they don't bother me in my sleep. Their glow dimmed a little and the blades are not floating as far apart anymore and are more compact now.

 

I could feel master's gentle hands on both my spirit and sword. One lies on the automatically formed scabbard of my sword and the other holds my spirit gently. I felt so many new emotions, like that comforting warmth of her hand and that feeling of being safe. My consciousness quickly drifted away.

 

---<Elayna POV>---

 

"After I pulled her out of the pedestal, she easily defeated that monster with one attack and told me that I am some kind of hero and that my mission is to defeat some kind of anti-gods and other threats to society. I asked her a few questions and then we headed to the control room. You know the rest of the story." I told mom the whole story of how Mytheria and I met.

 

"So what are you planning to do, honey?" Mom looked me in my eyes and asked, with a concerned look hidden deep inside her eyes, but she couldn't hide her emotions from me. I was able to tell exactly how people felt even before I came to this world.

 

I didn't know how to respond to her question and fell into thought.

 

"Listen, dear. That whole hero thing seems very dangerous and sounds like a lot of responsibility to bear alone. I won't stop you as it must be exceptionally important and you've probably been chosen for a reason, but are you sure you can do it? You shouldn't force yourself to do it just because someone else decided you should do it." It wasn't hard to tell she was worried about me, but she brings up a good point. I haven't yet thought about if I want to go through with the mission of slaying the anti-gods, but I knew that I will do everything to save my father and help everyone I could.

 

I looked down at the mighty spirit sleeping peacefully on my lap with a smile on my face. I didn't know her for very long but watching this cute sword spirit sleep so peacefully while hugging my thumb could make anyone happy. "I think I can do it, mum. I saw how strong Mytheria was and how easily she defeated that monster in milliseconds using the same spell I used even though she apparently held back her power. She also talked about something called Divine Mana and she seemed to understand and be able to use it. That and the fact that she knew that multiple gods created this castle and even their names, proves that she was a weapon created by the gods. It also means that I was almost certainly chosen by the gods. Her claims are further solidified by the book I was talking about earlier." I assured her.

 

Mytheria knowing the gods by their names doesn't sound as incredible at first, but while we know that gods exist from certain phenomena such as magic, we don't know much about them since they barely interfere with anyone and there's no such thing as a church in this world because no one wants to anger the gods by making up a god that doesn't exist to take their place. If anyone were to build a religion and church around a made-up god of fire, it could risk the actual god of fire being angry at them, which could obviously result in some scenarios in which no person, no matter how power-hungry, wants to be part of.

 

I faced away from the girl on my lap to take out the spell book I stole from the library where that weird abomination without eyes was roaming before the castle was restored.

 

"While searching for spells to save me back then I could spot many spells of rank 8." Magic is classified in ranks ranging from 1 to 8. It was publicly known that rank 8 was the highest rank of magic mortals could achieve. The same power ranking applied to monsters, demons, mages, warriors, artifacts, potions, professions, and much more. Mytheria's strength easily falls into the category of gods, unclassified by the 8 ranks due to the lack of information regarding them.

 

Mum's worried face changed into one of shock. There still were traces of concern mixed into it, but they were overshadowed by the immense shock. Her gaze wandered to the seemingly innocent sleeping spirit, who started nibbling and salivating all over my thumb. 'Must be a nice dream she's having.' I thought. It was hard to believe she was as unbelievably overpowered as she is if you looked at this child. Her personality appeared to be quite childish. I could tell as much even though I only knew her for 20 minutes at max.

 

A smile formed on my lips as I even heard her mumbling something in her sleep.

 

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. My worries about the whole hero thing vanished faster than a generic isekai's hype.

 

I looked into mum's eyes and declared "I will fulfill my duty as the hero. I want to help as many people as I can and I can imagine that there is barely anyone who'll be able to damage me with Mytheria by my side. I want to stop this war and save father from the possible fate he might face because of it. This village isn't the only one that had to suffer from war."

 

Mum sighed but started smiling shortly after. "Very well." She said, "Show them why they shouldn't have threatened your father, Elayna." I only smiled and nodded in return. Mum's love for her family was indisputably big. If anyone dared to mess with her family, the culprit should be afraid of her wrath.

Folktales are stories with people as main characters that sometimes include feats of strength. Legends are stories grounded in reality, that aren't always true. Myths on the other hand are stories told to explain the world around us. That is the reason gods are referred to as "Mythical Beings" as well as everything connected to said gods. "Mythology" is the study behind those myths.

 

Thank you for reading.

 

You can't believe how much brainstorming it took me to find a good "gone faster than..." joke.

Also, I couldn't think of a better title. Please forgive me.

11