Ch7 Progress
390 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke on a soft pillow in the living room. I wasn't on master's lap anymore and she was nowhere to be seen. Fortunately, she had my sword on her, so it was easy to figure out where she was. It appears she is outside on a new extension of the Mythbearer castle grounds.

 

I decided it wasn't worth the time to be thinking about what she was doing there since I could just go and ask her. I returned to my sword. It looked like my spirit in the living room just faded away into blue particles and a blue ball of mana formed next to the sword to then turn into my spirit again.

 

Master just looked at me with a smile and asked "Did you sleep well? You looked like you dreamt something nice."

 

I nodded and said "I feel like I slept much better than even before you found me. What are you doing?" Master and I looked in front of her at a group of houses that she probably made using the control room consoles "I took your advice and started relocating all the villagers that agreed up here so they can live more safely. I made this space and the buildings for them but haven't brought them in yet since I still need your help with something.

 

"I don't want to restrict their freedom and want to allow everyone that wants to go travel to do so whenever they want but still not cut them off from their home. I had the idea to make some kind of accessory like a ring for everyone that can teleport them home and down again. I obviously don't know much about all of that and need your help. I want it so they can teleport to Greenwood village, up here, to any point they already were, and back to where they were when they teleported back up here. They shouldn't get too much power though. I don't want them potentially breaking into any house they have visited or breaking some kind of law using the accessory." She explained.

 

It was a complex request, but I'm sure I can do it. I flew towards master and sat on her shoulder, looking at her. I thought and finally said "I can make a mark that is like a magical tattoo that has those functions. Nobody will be able to steal it and it won't bother them since it'll give them the ability to hide it. The teleportation would work by having them set their home location themselves and restrict the 'waypoint' thing so they can't set them near a certain distance of a set amount of people. For example, they can't set their waypoints in a town-sized settlement, but have to do so a distance away that would still be near enough for them to spot the town, but not enough for townsfolk to easily notice their teleportation. The fewer the people or big animals, the less the distance has to be. If there are people at that place, then the waypoint would just move the bare minimum distance.

 

"You can't teleport into a certain amount of mass like a wall or tree. If there are smaller things like flowers, they'd just get pushed away as if you just stepped on them for example. The teleportation will first be checked with something like an invisible dummy to test if it's dangerous to teleport there. If it turns out to be dangerous, then the waypoint will just be moved again. This prevents things like falling into lava, or water or getting thrown into a space where you can't breathe. There are some more things to it, but that's about it.

 

"The magic tattoo will be fueled by the ambient and host's mana. They can also bring a select amount of people with them if they want to and if it's possible. You just need to tell me how the tattoo should look." If I wasn't the amazing sword I am, I wouldn't have been able to think of all of that and flawlessly explain it. I'm so amazing.

 

Master looked at me and nodded, saying "If possible, please allow the hosts of the tattoos to decide the appearance themselves and change it anytime they want."

 

I then got to work and made a sort of terminal like the castle has inside of it to explain the features of the tattoo and to make and customize them. I also added the preset of the Mythbearer Castle's banner, which is a symbol of me. We dubbed the tattoo "Mythbearer Mark" and then explained it to the villagers and lead them to their new homes. After hearing about the mark, some of the villagers that were previously unwilling joined in.

 

We decided to set out the next day to give the villagers enough time to relocate.

 

Master's first goal is to free her father and stop the war. Her plan is to first find and save her father and gather information in the process. The information will then be used to find the root cause of the war to then stop it. Unfortunately, she is entirely unsure about where to look, so we just flew in the direction of where the village's men were forced to move toward.

 

I advised her to explore the castle's functions, which lead to us making the castle invisible using a barrier function that scans all the light that hits the castle and outputs it towards the other side as if the light wasn't hitting the castle, to begin with. Just bending the light around wasn't an option as that would've meant that we wouldn't be able to see anything since the light wouldn't hit our eyes. The same counts for making yourself transparent as there would be no eye to hit. Invisibility is a complex thing...

 

The villagers that were now more or less our citizens have taken the situation pretty well. The idea of the mark was received so well that I dare say the villagers feel happier. Their food source is still the old village, but they are working on a field on a separate sub-island of the Mythbearer island.

 

Master's mother lives in the castle with us but helps our citizens out as much as she can. Master spent most of her time reading in the library and occasionally asking me questions. Every town or village we pass by will be scanned by the castle for a mana signature that resembles master's. That's how we plan to find her father.

 

We visit the control room every now and then to set a new course or stop the castle for us to go down and gather information.

 

My time was mostly spent following master, napping on her lap, answering her questions, or doing some minor tasks that master gave me.

 

The information we received wasn't that helpful but it appears that the conflict between the two kingdoms existed for a few years already. It took us around 5 days to find master's father.

 

The town we found ourselves in is not the biggest, but it's part of the kingdom's most important lines of defense. we had to sneak in to snatch him away since master didn't want to hurt the soldiers that were probably forced to fight like her father. We, unfortunately, couldn't save anyone else since we for one didn't know which ones volunteered and because it would just cause trouble for the town.

 

Master was extremely conflicted after leaving behind so many people in danger and 'acting selfishly' by prioritizing her father. Her parents and I told her that it wasn't her fault and that the war is the problem. She just wanted to save a loved one after all.

 

Master's father was a caring and cautious man, but he accepted me after master explained everything he missed to him. Sadly, it wasn't as easy to convince him that master being a hero was alright. He is still insisting on her staying out of all the dangerous stuff. He was worried that she would get hurt and didn't want master to "get tainted by the horror of war and battles". It was normal father-to-daughter behavior to be fair.

 

On another note, master and her family were very happy to be reunited again. I honestly felt quite lonely watching them hug and act as a family. I didn't feel much in my past life and don't have a family in this one aside from Gramps. The emotions I felt in this life have... I don't even know what to call it. I felt overwhelmed by them. I kept it to myself though since I was just a tool. I didn't want to be a bad sword.

6