Chapter 20
428 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week after the match between Karasuno and Nekoma,

"Lower your stance! Look carefully at the ball! Be prepared to receive! Look around the court! Be aware of where your teammates are!

Oikawa! Don't try to be your junior! Toss at your own pace! Shrimp! Don't close your eyes! Spike it after you look at where you want to spike!

Good! Let's do that once more!"

I found myself training with Hinata and Oikawa in the court near my home. It starts with the day after the match, when Kiyoko brought Sawamura and Hinata home after school.

-Flashback-

"PLEASE, TRAIN ME!" I winced at the sight of Hinata bowing to me in front of the door and shouting out loud. It will definitely attract or even annoy the neighbors. Kiyoko and Sawamura send an apologetic smile to me at that.

"First of all, let's talk inside, and please keep yourself from shouting. Is that possible?" I asked, hoping it would pacify him. Unfortunately, he didn't get the message and shouted once again,

"YES SIR!" I sighed and decided to ignore him for now and let them join us in the living room. After preparing some dessert for them -I made it myself for Kiyoko, of course-, I turned my attention to Sawamura and ask,

"So, how is the team? I hope the damage I made can be cleared yesterday?" Sawamura smiles wryly, remembering how I tore his team apart without mercy yesterday.

"The tension is still very high, but I can see Kageyama is affected badly about what you and he said yesterday. We give him time to think about it, but we will confront him as a team if he is back to his old self once again." I grimaced.

"That bad, huh?" Sawamura let out a long sigh of frustration and said,

"Honestly, I don't know what his middle school coach think when he pampered Kageyama a lot, and I don't know how he get away with that without the protest from the parents of his team. I get it that he is talented, a genius even. But he is still a teenager. Letting a teenager shout and complain about his teammates because they didn't meet his expectation in a team sport was definitely a way to destroy his own team.  Now, it is up to us to curb Kageyama's ego so he can play as a team."

"Well, he is coming from Oikawa's middle school, and being a genius itself will be a pressure for him. I think he unconsciously pressured himself to do something better than Oikawa. But Oikawa's strength is not from the talent like Kageyama. It comes from his attitude toward his teammates. He is super friendly towards everyone, even the first years. That makes the others trust him, and as the result, his team is as strong as it is now.

Kageyama on the other hand sees his teammates as a tool for him to reach a new height. That is why he let a liability like the shrimp, as he said, be on the team because the shrimp will make him shine brighter than any players." All three of them looked down for a while after hearing my thought.

"Well, this will be the team's problem, so we will think about the solution as a team. But we are here for a different reason. Hinata, if you would?" Sawamura glanced at Hinata to let him speak. Hinata gulped nervously and shouted,

"PLEASE, TRAIN ME, SIR!" Sawamura hit his back for the shout, "No shouting! We are a guest here!" I sent a silent thank you to Sawamura for the hit.

"Why do you want to train under me?" I cannot help but be curious.

"Well, for one, you are the national MVP, so you must be good." I nodded at his logic. "And you are able to say something harsh to Kageyama without getting hit! That was awesome!" This time, I can only be sweatdropped by his second reason. I decided to ignore it and turned my attention to Sawamura.

"Are your team and coach Ukai fine with this?" He nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, this mess is because we neglected his basic training. And while all of the Karasuno members know the basics, we are not confident enough to teach Hinata. And coach Ukai has his convenience store to run, so he let us fix Hinata's problem." After thinking for a while, I decided to agree with him. After all, it would be interesting to train the main character of the Haikyuu.

"Okay, I will train you. But!" I raised my hand to stop him from shouting. "Only for the basic volleyball technique, and it will be at the weekend after training with your team. I will not be responsible for your physical training, so you better listen to your coach in that regard." After looking at his captain's nod, His eyes gleamed with excitement.

"THANK YOU, SIR!"

"And stop calling me Sir! Call me Hori-senpai!"

"YES SIR!" I sighed, knowing that he will ignore me. Then suddenly, a good idea popped into my mind.

"What is it that you plan to do, Yuki-nii?" Kiyoko narrowed her eyes after looking at my sudden excitement.

"What do you mean, Kiyo-chan?" I stare at her innocently. But she glares at me more fiercely.

"The last time you smile like that, it resulted in Nekoma destroying us and you tore the team apart. So, what are you planning this time?"

"Don't worry, it will be a good thing for the shrimp." I assured her while looking for my phone to call someone. Sawamura looked at us with a dumbfounded expression, clearly didn't expect Kiyoko who is famous for her calmness will lose her head.

"Yo, Oikawa!" I ignored the shrieking sound from Hinata and focused on my phone. "Stop talking and listen to me for a while. Do you remember the shrimp who did the super quick with your junior from Karasuno? He asks me to train him. Do you want to join? You can brag to your junior that his partner is getting trained by you. How about it? If you want to join, let's meet at the usual court this weekend, okay?" I closed the phone and looked around innocently. Honestly, it started to become a pattern, with me pulling a stunt via phone calling and everyone staring at me dumbfoundedly.

"Y-y-you ask t-the great king to JOIN US!!" Hinata shrieked, frightened by the prospect of training with Oikawa. I chuckled at that.

"Don't worry. Oikawa might be a bastard, but he is a good player and a good man too. You will learn a lot from him. Who knows, maybe you will learn how to do a jump serve like him in the future." This time, Hinata looked excited at the prospect of his future.

"Will he come, though? You didn't give him a chance to talk back after all." Kiyoko asked amusedly. I snorted,

"As if he will not come. He will not throw the chance to brag to your setter even for the small things like his sneakers. He will come, definitely."

-End of the flashback-

"How is his first training?" Kiyoko asked me after I arrived at home.

"Well, Oikawa is definitely having fun, having Hinata as a spiker is definitely a challenge for him. As for Hinata, I cannot say anything about his improvement, because it is just one training. But he is definitely on the right path." Kiyoko nodded, satisfied with that.

"What about Kageyama?" I asked curiously.

"He is getting better. I think your words while harsh, really hit him deep. Sugawara even caught him apologizing to Tsukishima for losing his temper, and he has already apologized to the other member. So we need to wait for him to say sorry to Hinata, and I hope we can move on from this disaster."

"That's good. Hinata will be glad about that." I nodded. "By the way, do you have something to do tomorrow?" I asked, remembering something.

"Nothing that I can think of. Do you have a plan?" She asked back with a hint of curiosity.

"Yeah. Do you want to go to Tokyo tomorrow?"

------------------------------------

Author note:

Well, Hinata and Oikawa train together will be the bridge for them to get closer to each other, and they will go to South America together to be professional. That will make me able to focus more on the hardness of being professional in the future.

You can read Transmigrated Into Anime World as Kiyoko Shimizu's Older Brother up to chapter 25 at my Patreon account, pat_reon.com/zwolf1 (Without '_') Thank you for your support! :)

12