Chapter 47
259 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days later, Hiroyuki found himself rubbing his temple in a tired manner as he watched the chaotic situation inside the Den.

"So, who will have the guts to tell me what is going on here?" He asked while eyeing the nine teenagers who could only give him their best innocent faces. He looked unimpressed with their innocent act and decided to ask one by one.

"Okay, you first, Nino. What is going on here?" The one he asked for just pointed her finger at Alice for the answer.

"It is because of her! She keeps mocking my skill and challenging me to a cooking contest. Then, she cheated with all of her crazy robotic cooking tools!" She glared at the blonde girl who gives her a mocking smile.

"Ara, what do you mean by cheating? I won it fair and square. Just because you don't know anything about molecular gastronomy and are a bit luddite doesn't mean I could not use it against you, right?"

----------------------

*Luddite: Someone who has a hard time adapting to new technology*

----------------------

"And what did I tell you about bringing one of your pieces of equipment here?"

"But it is just a simple liquid nitrogen ice cream maker, Yuki-san. You know it is one of the simplest and cheapest of all of my equipment. And it is still enough to beat Nino-san there."

"What do you mean, you dumb blondie!"

Hiroyuki sighed once again and just decided to ignore those two bickerings. He turned his attention to Yotsuba and Ichika who give him a cheerful and amused smile.

"So, why are you two here? And Ichika, why didn't you stop Nino and Alice from this stupidity?"

"I want to see Nino work!" Yotsuba said it with a cheerful tone. Ichika just sends Hiroyuki a pity smile before she added,

"I was dragged here by Yotsuba. And it was quite fun to see someone other than my sisters and probably me managed to get on Nino's nerves."

"What do you mean, Ichika!" Ichika didn't pay attention to Nino as she knows her sister is still in a bickering mood. Hiroyuki groaned inwardly as he turned his attention to the most troublesome presence at the Den right now.

"The four of them at least have a decent reason to be here. But the three of you?" He stares ridiculously at Kuroo, Bokuto, and Akaashi who just looked at him sheepishly.

"I don't know what reason for all of you to come here when you have seen me enough every morning. If it is just a normal visit, I will probably ignore you. But why did you just create another chaos here?" Hiroyuki cried in exasperation. He saw their reaction and was satisfied that at least, Akaashi has the decency to look embarrassed here.

When he heard a snickered voice from the seat near the bookshelf, he turned around and saw a woman about twenty-five who looked at them in amusement.

"I am sorry that the Den is far noisier today, Himawari-san."

"Don't worry, Hori-san. Surrounded by the silent atmosphere every day, I could say that the crowd here is quite a pleasant one. It is livelier than my store." The woman that called Himawari-san by Hiroyuki was a regular customer at the Den. She has her own bookstore not far from the Den and usually comes just to relax.

"Thank you for your understanding, Himawari-san. I will make sure to control this situation."

Himawari-san smiles at him and said, "Just don't be too hard on them, Okay?" Hiroyuki gives her a small smile and nod before turning around once again, staring at the seven troublesome teenagers.

"To Megumi-san's room, now." All of them just look at each other before shrugging and deciding to do as Hiroyuki said.

---------------------------------------

"So, Kuuro, Bokuto, Akaashi. Why the hell are you here and not at the camp? Have you seen me enough in the morning?" Hiroyuki asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Akaashi just sends him an apologetic smile as the replied. But, it is Bokuto who replied in a loud voice.

"Yuki-senpai! I heard from Oikawa that you introduced him to a scout from Italy! How could you do that to him but not me? I want it too!" Hiroyuki groaned as he heard Bokuto's whine.

'Of course, Oikawa would brag to the other. How could I trust him to keep a secret for something this big.' He cursed inwardly. He decided to ignore it for now and turned his attention to Kuroo.

"Well, how about you?" Kuroo just grinned sheepishly at him.

"I heard from Kiyoko-san about this Den of yours. Let's just say I am a bit interested in how you managed your business here." Hiroyuki narrowed his eyes in suspicion.

"Since when were you that close to Kiyoko that you can call her by her first name?" Kuroo's smile suddenly widened in a mischievous manner at Hiroyuki's question.

"Since the match between Karasuno and Nekoma for the first time. We grew closer as time goes by and now, Kiyoko-san even calls me 'Kuroo-kun' now." Right after he finished his explanation, Nino and Alice suddenly let out a small giggle from behind. Hiroyuki ignored them as he growled at the image of Kiyoko getting closer to someone

"I will confirm it with Kiyoko and deal with it later. And where the hell is Megumi-san?" It is Nino who answered the question.

"She said that there is a freelance writer who wants to interview her about the Den today. But since she could not contact the writer, Megumi-san decided to visit him in his apartment and asks about the interview itself since it is not too far from here. She left the responsibility of the Den to me until you arrived here."

Hiroyuki narrowed his eyes, clearly disliking the idea of Megumi-san going alone to a man's apartment. Suddenly, he could hear his phone vibrate in his pocket. When he checked the phone, he saw Megumi calling for him.

"Speaking of the devil." He muttered as he answered the call.

"H-Hiro-kun. Can you come here quick?" When he heard a trembling voice from Megumi-san and a hint of frighten there, Hiroyuki straightened his sit and asked quickly,

"What happened?"

"There is someone murdered here. I am afraid." She said with a desperate voice. Hiroyuki stood up quickly and stares at the other teenagers.

"Bokuto, Kuroo, Akaasi! There is something urgent going on here. Go back to your school now! We will talk about it tomorrow!" Hearing the serious command from Hiroyuki, even though they don't understand what is going on, the three volleyball players nodded without question.

"Nino! Alice! You are in charge of the Den until the end of the day. Ichika! Yotsuba! If you want to help Nino, go ahead. I will talk to you another day." He was glad that they didn't ask any questions, seeing the gravity of the situation. He turned his attention once again to Alice and Nino before he plead,

"And please, just this time. Don't mess around." Nino and Alice looked at each other for a moment before they both nodded at Hiroyuki. He was very glad of that and left the Den quickly.

"Where are you now?" He asked Megumi-san who is on the phone.

"Apartment near Futama station," Megumi whispered weakly.

"Are you alright?" But he got no answer the call ended. Hiroyuki gritted his teeth as he sprints forward to the location which Megumi-san shared. Fortunately, the location is not that far and he only needs to run for at least ten minutes before he arrived.

But right after he arrived, his face darkened as he saw Megumi-san sitting alone with a pale face and being ignored by the polices there as they spoke with five children and a woman there. He couldn't help but growled as he saw a kid with glasses that he knows well enough from his first life, Conan Edogawa.

"What the hell is going on here?!" He shouted, gaining the attention of all the people there.

"And who might you be?" A policewoman come straight to him and asked.

"I am Hiroyuki Hori, Megumi-san's business partner. She asked me to come here for the interview at our café." The police just write down what he said to her note. "So, any of you want to tell me what is going on here?"

"I am sorry, Hori-san." A police with a fedora hat decided to explain. "But it seems Hahn-san here is the suspect in a murderer case of Sugimori Masato, a freelance writer who had an interview scheduled with her." Hiroyuki narrowed his eyes at him.

"And who might you be?" He parroted the police woman's question even though he knows about them.

"I am Juzo Megure, the inspector of police department division one for the murder case." Hiroyuki stares at him for a moment and turns around to see the corpse. A blonde-haired man lay unconscious with his head full of blood.

"Who are the suspects?" He asked with a low voice.

"For now, we have Hahn-san here, Kobayashi-sensei over there, and three people who are not here."

"Have you checked Megumi-san and Kobayashi-san's bodies to see if they carried something related to the case or if there are some traces of blood there?" All of the people there just looked at him strangely before Inspector Megure gave him the answer.

"Yes, we have."

"Then, why the hell are they still here?!" He shouted angrily, surprising all of them. But he decided to ignore them and continues his rant. "Why in the hell did you not bring them to a different room? They saw a murdered corpse, for God's sake! If they are not the murderer, the image of the corpse will be enough to haunt them in their sleep, and it could be traumatic. If something like that happened, it is us who paid the price, not you! Do you have no shame, police!"

Some of the police widened their eyes and lower their head in shame. But the policewoman who asked Hiroyuki when he first arrived just growled at him and decided to grab his collar, trying to threaten him.

"Kid, who the hell are you to tell us what to do?! We have done this job for more than ten years, and we know how to do it! You better give some respect to us, or else.." Unfortunately for her, Hiroyuki knows well enough about bluffing and intimidation games.

"Or else what? What are you going to do? Arrest me? Do it! Let's see what happened if the journalist heard about the police incompetence here." The woman just gritted her teeth in anger. But, Hiroyuki is not done with them.

"Look there!" He pointed his finger to Conan who sneaked around the corpse. "The child there has been messing around in the murder place, touching a lot of things even without gloves, and you didn't even stop them! And you tell me that you know how to do your job? What a joke!"

------------------------------------------

Author note:

You can also read:

- Transmigrated Into Anime World as Kiyoko Shimizu's Older Brother up to chapter 56

You can read all of it at my Patreon account, pat_reon.com/zwolf1 (Without '_') Thank you for your support! :)

12