Chapter 50
258 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, why did you decide to invite them to the Den?” Hiroyuki asked right after the Detective Boys and their teacher left. Megumi didn’t give him an immediate answer. They walked back to the Den in silence before suddenly, she spoke out about her reason.

“The poor girl..” Hiroyuki knows who is the girl Megumi mentioned. “If you haven’t realized it yet, she is very similar to you in the past.” She smiles as she remembered how Hiroyuki acted as a child.

“She is distant, cold, smart, calculating, and cunning. If it is not screaming the old Hiroyuki, I don’t know what else.” Hiroyuki smiles at hearing the teasing tone from Megumi. “Yet, when you exposed her secret, her body tensed a lot with a hint of fright could be heard from her voice, just like you were when someone talked to you about your father. I guess it saddened me to see another child who had the same experience as you.”

“You are way too kind, Megumi-san,” Hiroyuki muttered.

“Oh?” Megumi raised her eyebrows slightly. “Is there any reason why did you oppose me from inviting the children? It is not like you, Hiro-kun.”

Hiroyuki sighed before he enlightened her. “I didn’t oppose you. It is just, the presence of the glasses boy is like a bad omen to everyone near him. He is like a corpse magnet! Do you know that almost every murder case in Tokyo this year always had him on the crime scenes?”

“Really?”

“Yes. Honestly, I don’t know how could he handle the pressure of being near a murdered corpse on a daily basis.” He muttered lowly. Suddenly, he turned his attention to Megumi and asked, “Speaking of being near a murdered corpse, are you alright?”

Megumi smiles softly when she heard a concerned question from Hiroyuki. “It will be hard to get sleep for several days without having a nightmare. But I think I will be okay.” Hiroyuki hummed for a moment.

“I will stay here for one more week to make sure you are really okay.” Considering the next day is the last day of Karasuno’s training camp and Alice’s part-time job, Hiroyuki and Kiyoko had planned that they would be back right at the end of the day. But seeing the condition of Megumi right now, he didn’t need to think twice to prolong his visit.

“Megumi-san!” Suddenly, Megumi found herself engulfed in a tight hug from Kiyoko.

“Are you alright? What happened? Alice-chan and Nino-chan didn’t know what happened. They just said Yuki-nii left because something bad happened to you!”

“Kiyo-chan!” Hiroyuki stopped her babbling and gives her a stern gaze.

“I will tell you about it later. For now, let’s just come inside as it is getting dark here.” But Kiyoko didn’t move a single step from her position. She still holds Megumi’s shoulder and looked at her with concerned eyes.

“I think I will be okay, Kiyo-chan,” Megumi whispered to Kiyoko, touched that Kiyoko cared so much about her. “Thank you.” She said the last part with a graceful tone that makes Kiyoko widen her smile and tightened her hug.

“We will prolong our stay here for one more week, Kiyo-chan,” Hiroyuki added. “While Megumi-san said she will be okay, I want to make sure about it.” Kiyoko’s eyes shine brightly at that.

“That’s great!” She squealed in excitement. “That means we can hang out more with Megumi-san and the quintuplets!” Hiroyuki just shook his head fondly.

‘She is getting closer and took the big sister role for the quintuplets, huh?’ He mused inwardly. But he was glad that Kiyoko forgot to ask about what happened before. Of course, he knew that Kiyoko will ask about that later. But at least, he can explain that alone to prevent Megumi from recalling the traumatic memory of seeing a murdered corpse.

“Well, are we going inside or not?” This question snapped Kiyoko from her thought as she realized that they are still outside of the Den. She released her hug and followed her brother to go inside.

“Have you had dinner yet?” Kiyoko shook her head at her brother’s question. Hiroyuki hummed for a while as he took a glance at exhausted Megumi.

“Alright, wait for thirty minutes. I will make something.” He went straight to the kitchen and checked the fridge. He hummed as he saw soba noodles, chicken breasts, chicken stocks, enoki mushrooms, and many more leftover ingredients.

“Let’s make soba.” He started by placing a half cup of sake, soy sauce, sugar, chicken stocks, and reserved mushroom liquid into the saucepan and bought it to a simmer over medium heat while he stirs it occasionally. He added chicken breasts into it and cooked it for ten minutes before he put vegetables, bok choy to be exact, into the saucepan and cooked it again for 5-7 minutes.

Right after the bok choy was cooked well enough, Hiroyuki moved it and the chicken breasts into a plate and keeps it warm. He brought back the broth to the simmer, added the noodles and the mushrooms, and then cooked it one more time until the noodles are tender enough.

He uses tongs to divide the noodles among three bowls and shred the chicken breasts into small pieces before he put them together with mushrooms, bok choy, and sliced red chili on top of the noodles. He nodded in satisfaction right when he is done pouring the broth into the bowls.

“Three hot soba noodles are ready.” He served it to Kiyoko and Megumi who looked at the bowl in amazement.

“Wow, it is gorgeous! And the smell is very good! I wonder how is the taste?” Kiyoko praised her brother.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Eat while it is still warm.” Hiroyuki answered as he started to eat his noodles. He smiles at the sight of Megumi and Kiyoko who eat their soba enthusiastically.

“Megumi-san..” Kiyoko called the older woman, gaining not only her attention but also her brother’s too. Hiroyuki could not help but frowned a little when he saw Kiyoko getting nervous. He has never seen his sister act this nervous in front of him or Megumi.

“Can you teach me how to cook?” The sudden question surprised both Megumi and Hiroyuki before Megumi smiles at her.

“With pleasure!” Then, Megumi stared at Kiyoko with an intrigued face. “However, can you tell me why?” For some reason, Kiyoko is getting more nervous.

“Well.. I think cooking is a good skill that I need to learn..” Hiroyuki narrowed his eyes in suspicion as he knows that what Kiyoko said is utter bullshit.

“Why did you ask Megumi-san and not me?” Megumi raised her eyebrows slightly at him.

“Are you jealous that your sister asks me, little Hiro?” Hiroyuki scowled at the teasing tone from Megumi. However, when he saw a flustered face from his sister, his mouth gaped as sudden realization hit his brain like a truck.

“You want to impress a boy?” He didn’t need verbal confirmation as he saw Kiyoko’s face turn as red as a tomato in embarrassment. He ignored Megumi who giggled hard beside Kiyoko as he remembered the interaction in the Den right before he went straight to the crime scenes.

“Don’t tell me it is Kuroo?!” He gasped in horror at the realization. “What the hell did the bastard do? Tried to steal my sister? I will beat him to the death for it/ Just wait until I meet him tomorrow.” Then his expression suddenly shifted from shock into an evil grin that makes Megumi and Kiyoko narrowed their eyes.

“Hiro-kun..” Megumi called him with a sweet tone that makes Hiroyuki gulp in fear. “You will not interfere in Kiyo-chan’s love life, right?” a single sweat dropped from his temple as he tried to calm the girls down.

“O-of course not! I-I just want to have a word with Kuroo! Yes, that’s it!”

“You will not threaten him or do something that will embarrass me, right?” When she saw her brother trying to avoid her gaze, she turned her attention to Megumi for help.

“Don’t worry, dear,” Megumi spoke. “Your brother will not do such a thing just because of jealousy. Isn’t that right, Hiro-kun?” Hiroyuki scowled as Megumi glares at him.

“I will not do such a thing, and I am not jealous!” Megumi just lets out a snort as she stares at him in amusement.

“Sure, you are not. Just convince yourself about that.” Megumi turned again to Kiyoko.

“Don’t worry about your brother. In fact, just invite the boy here. I am curious to meet the one who managed to steal your heart.”

“Megumi-saan!!” Megumi giggled harder at Kiyoko’s whining as she saw the younger girl’s face turn redder than before. As for Hiroyuki, this was one of the rarest moments when he hates being an older brother.

-------------------------

Author note:

50 chapters! Thank you for your support! 

You can also read:

- Transmigrated Into Anime World as Kiyoko Shimizu's Older Brother up to chapter 59

You can read all of it at my Patreon account, pat_reon.com/zwolf1 (Without '_') Thank you for your support! :)

6