Lord’s Puppets pt. 6
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I heard a light sigh and saw the light. The end of the tunnel. I’m nearly there. I’m taking back Tae and as promised… I’ll become a Jarl. I accepted Hakon’s proposition because I thought that I’ll make here a lot of enemies that could endanger the whole village. It played out differently. There might be a good ending to this adventure. 

 

The whole party went back to the mansion without me since I had to talk with Gregor for a bit. He is smart and he’s been here longer than me. I have to get as much knowledge as I can about this place. With the shape-shifting powers, I was able to just walk into his mansion looking like a guard. Before I could even knock on his doors they began to open. He was sitting on his chair five meters away from the door. 

 

[ Gregor ]

“That ability of yours is really good for assassins.”

 

[ Eric ]

“Not if you would be a target. It’s impossible to be unnoticed around you.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“Congratulations on your victory against that monster.”

 

[ Eric ]

“Wasn’t my first time fighting it.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“You’ve seen that? I have never seen that kind of beast while I was here.”

 

[ Eric ]

“Because it’s a monster, not a beast. It was created not so long ago. While you ignored Loki I had to fight the new enemy.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“What god did Loki anger this time?” 

 

[ Eric ]

“It wasn’t a god… at the time at least. Loki allayed with Frejr to fight that thing.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“He allied with another god? He changed through the past few years…” 

 

[ Eric ]

“It was Loki and Frejr against Mani and the new goddess Cariva. He really wanted Mani dead.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“Ha! He hated her that much?”

 

[ Eric ]

“No. Or maybe yes? All he told me was that he wanted to kill her to stop the Ragnarok.”

 

[ Gregor ]

“He wanted to stop Ragnarok? Since when he start to care about this world that much.”

 

[ Eric ]

“I have no idea but I wanted to talk with you briefly. To understand some things or get a better grasp of this world.”

 

I asked him about all the clans he knew about and the islands placed here. He told me that we are in the Hervena Ocean. Hakarl clan, Pure Sun, Noreka Clan, and my village are on that ocean. He doesn’t know how big is this world but he knows about one other ocean and two continents. The closest continent to us is Northern Grassland. The continent is free for taking. No clan has set their towns in there yet. It’s also unknown how big it is. I got all the basic information I needed to know my way around the clans. 

 

[ Gregor ]

“Why did you ask me all of that?” 

 

[ Eric ]

“I’m going to become a Jarl in near future and it’s useful information don’t you agree?”

 

[ Gregor ]

“Loki might not have many servants but all of them are placed in good political positions. Like you and me.”

 

[ Eric ]

“I would love to talk a bit more but I don’t have much time.” I said as I looked outside seeing how dark it is.

 

I changed my look into guard again and left. This power is more useful than I thought. I could be like a perfect agent. Changing into other people or even animals in the future if I evolve this power further. Training my body won’t change that much in two days so I trained my aim with throwing knives and dual-wielding swords. They feel most similar to those hands in wolf form. 

 

It was dark outside but I couldn’t sleep yet. My goal was within my reach. One more day and I’m coming back home with my friend. While training I noticed that someone was watching me from Verser’s mansion. At first, I ignored it but watching me nonstop for an hour isn’t just eyes dropping. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Skyge. Can you come out for a second?”

 

[ Skyge ]

“What is it, master?” He said as he hopped out of my shadow in his puppy form.

 

[ Eric ]

“Just wanted to see you… and use this.” 

 

In a second I changed the shape of my legs and arms into wolf-like form and dashed toward the window. I squatted on the window and scared the person that was watching me this whole time. After a close look, I noticed that it was the girl from the painting. It must be Verser’s daughter.

0