Lord’s Puppets pt. 7
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Eric ]

“I apologize for scaring you, lady…” I gave her face a closer look as she tried to hide it. “Uhh… Gelda? You’re Verser’s daughter? Why would he want to train his daughter? Wait. You tricked me?”

 

[ Gelda ]

“No! Yes… Well…”

 

[ Eric ]

“Whatever I guess. The fight is scheduled so I don’t care about the deal anymore.”

 

[ Gelda ]

“Wait! You won’t train me anymore?!”

 

[ Eric ]

“Tomorrow will be the last training. After that, I’m taking my friend home.”

 

[ Gelda ]

“You can’t! Without your help, I won’t become… I won’t achieve my dream.”

 

[ Eric ]

“And what’s your dream?”

 

[ Gelda ]

“You’ll laugh if I tell you.”

 

[ Eric ]

“I won’t. I promise.”

 

[ Gelda ]

“I want to become a Valkirey…” She said as she covered her face.

 

[ Eric ]

“That’s a nice dream.”

 

[ Gelda ]

“Aren’t you laughing…” 

 

[ Eric ]

“Why would I?”

 

[ Gelda ]

“Because it’s impossible! A girl like me will never become Valkirey!” She screamed and grabbed her hair tightly. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Who said that dreams should be possible to achieve? We chose them not to achieve them but to strive toward the goal. I don’t know how someone can become a Valkirey but I know a person who will become one. Talk with your father and come to Dalir Village. You can train with real Valkirey there.”I said as I placed my hand on her shoulder. 

 

[ Gelda ]

“You promise?” She looked at me with her big eyes and a tear on her chick. 

 

[ Eric ]

“I promise.” I said as I gave her a warm smile.  

 

In the morning I began my training with Dian. Basnir and Gezznir were at the arena. While we were sparing Gelda approached us this time wearing proper clothes for a fighter of her status. Leather pants, leather boots, white shirt, and leather jacket on it. She had one short sword and a knife in her hand. Behind her was Verser with not so happy face.

 

[ Gelda ]

“I’d like to apologize for pretending to be someone else. I spoke with my father and he told me that he’ll make the decision after my duel with you.”

 

[ Eric ]

“Good. You did what I told you. I accept your duel. The rules are the same as usual. No spells just weapons and hand-to-hand combat.” 

 

He placed her sword forward and the knife by her chest. I placed my sword sideways to block my chest and throat at the same time. She slowly approached me, step by step. We stood close to each other waiting for the move. She is doing everything I taught her. Since she has to show what she got to her father I made the first move. Quick slash that she was ready to block. She was parrying my attack very well. Since I’m stronger there is no point in blocking. 

 

I tried to swipe her down with my leg but she jumped over it and answered with a kick to my chest. While I tried to catch the balance she went after me. She could get a clean hit on me if not for my powers. I grabbed her hand while falling and threw her over. When we both stood up we ended in a position where we had swords by our knecks. 

 

[ Gelda ]

“You were going easy on me?”

 

[ Eric ]

“Not really.” I said as I directed her view on a knife, that I took from here, by her stomach. “You see that Verser? She is capable.” His face changed from concerned to surprised. 

 

[ Gelda ]

“Father… Will you… Will you let me try?”

 

[ Verser ]

“If only I could ask your mother for an opinion… Fine. Only after your sixteenth birthday. Not sooner.”

 

[ Gelda ]

“I’m fine with that!” She said as she hugged Verser. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Not that I want to stop the moment but I don’t have much time left. Want to get the last lesson before your birthday?”

 

[ Gelda ]

“Of course I want!” 

 

Verser only could watch as his daughter was growing in front of his eyes, flying away from him. She had to leave her nest sooner or later. Since it was her last training I went hard on her. Good thing that Verser had to leave for a business meeting. He might’ve had to change his mind after seeing that.

0