Final Bet pt. 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day has finally come. I’m going to crash Lokth Fighter and get Tae back. Since it’s all or nothing I also gave Dian all my money to bet on me. I have the double motivation right now. I was the first one to enter the arena. For the first time, I was welcomed with loud cheers from almost everyone. They recognize me as a good fighter. 

 

[ Announcer ]

“I know this might not sound like a good decision but you have to place bets before Lord Lokth’s fighter will appear. Let’s say that is to make the decision more amusing.” Said the announcer to the whole crowd. 

 

The number of bets looked almost to be half-half. Right now I don’t know if that’s because I’m that good fighter in the arena or because people don’t want to bet on an unknown fighter. The announcer left the arena. I took Skyge out of my shadow and transformed my body. I was going to finish it as fast as I could. 

 

The gates opened and Lokth’s fighter showed himself. Man slightly smaller than me. Only wearing pants and a bag over his head. He had painted marks and runes all over his body with green paint. He had two weapons on him. A short sword and a wooden staff. I don’t know how strong he is but he was barely standing on his legs. Like he was drunk. 

 

I took a leap forward and aimed my sword at his chest. He touched the ground with his staff and a small tree grew out of the ground. It wasn’t enough to stop my attack but it gave him time to avoid the attack and strike me in the back with the staff. This attack could knock out the average man. He wasn’t that fast but his drunk-like movement helped with avoiding my sword. He blocked my attack with a sword and swung the staff at me. I thought I avoided the attack by jumping back but vines with thorns grew out of it and wrapped around my leg.

 

Before he could do anything with that I cut it and pulled him toward me. I was able to land a hit to his stomach with my knee. He grabbed my leg and touched the vines. I felt the thorns growing and going deeper into my leg. Headbut was enough to shake him off me. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Are you another hidden card of Lotkh? You could be someone high in ranking… Or you already are? But I think I would hear something about a guy with a staff that can grow thorns.” 

 

There was no answer from him. Only growling. He did all of that with the staff so it must be some kind of special weapon. I threw my knife at him as a distraction and ran right behind it. He blocked it with his sword but he had his staff ready for me and I ran right into it. Without losing focus I raised my leg and kicked him in the neck and pressed him to the ground. 

 

I was going to take the staff but some kind of mushroom grew out of the ground and pushed me away. He inflicted this much damage on me with just some kind of plants. Goro was hard to fight because of his animal movement but he is just hard to predict. Once he stood up he wobbled around trying to reach me. I was able to block his attack but I had to look out for his staff. 

 

With one block I was able to push him away and had a chance to grab the staff. When I grabbed it, thorns began to grow but once he lost a grip they disappeared. I broke it in half and threw it away. This time to attack I used my claws. He was barely able to block the attacks. His sword was almost completely broken and he had many cuts on him. With one attack I was able to break the sword and take the bag off his head. 

 

Right before me, on his knees and covered in blood was Tae. He had some kind of foam in his mouth. He was drugged to fight me. They covered his face and painted runes and marks so I wouldn’t notice that I’m fighting him. 

 

Did he try to make me kill him…

 

[ Eric ]

“Skyge… Take care of Tae.”

 

Skyge approached Tae with a curled tail. My claws grew longer, and two of my teeth changed into fangs. More fur grew on my head and a short tail appeared. I was able to hear almost everything in the arena. Every whisper. Even teeth clenching. I tried to remain calm but I just couldn’t do that anymore.

 

[ Eric ]

“LOKTH!!!” I shouted as I looked toward him. 

 

Everyone in the arena could feel my bloodlust. Guard usually would take me out of the arena but they were too scared to move. I heard how Lokth was trembling. Once he stood up and tried to leave I ran and jumped to him. While running he fell down to the ground and used spells that created chains. I broke them easily with my claws. I placed my leg on his chest to prevent him from moving. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Before we do anything… Keep a part of your deal.”

 

He slowly raised his left hand with four tattoos that looked like keys. With one finger he erased one of the keys. The paper with our agreement appeared before me. The text slowly disappeared leaving only our signatures and new text appeared. 

 

“AGREEMENT FULFILLED”

0