Final Bet pt. 3
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I told him the whole story of how I came here, made a deal with Verser, met Gregor, and bet with Lokth. He wasn’t that surprised when I told him all of that which annoyed me. He was most curious about my shapeshifting power and partially changing into a shadow wolf. Even the part of me killing Lokth only made him happy, not surprised at all. He even said I killed him before I told Gregor’s speech. 

 

[ Tae ]

“What now?” 

 

[ Eric ]

“I was hoping to come back to Dalir right away but you need to heal a bit. Meanwhile, I’ll train Dian and Gelda.” 

 

[ Tae ]

“Dian, is that blessed kid right?” 

 

[ Eric ]

“Yeah. That’s him.”

 

[ Tae ]

“And who blessed him?”

 

[ Eric ]

“Ummm… Meili I think.”

 

[ Tae ]

“I haven’t met him in person but there is something off about him. He is not telling you something important.”

 

[ Eric ]

“Do you think he is bad or something?”

 

[ Tae ]

“No. I’m only saying that he is hiding something from you.”

 

[ Eric ]

“If he is not my enemy then I don’t care if he hides something from me. I trust the boy that much.”

 

[ Tae ]

“You do you. I was just pointing that out.”

 

I know I said that I trust Dian but I can’t shake that off now. I’m curious! I need to know! My curiosity will devour me! But I can’t just ask him that. Hey! You didn’t tell me something did you? Can you tell me the secret? That’s stupid!

 

For the next whole week, I was spying on him. Every time he went off somewhere I followed him. Hiding between people, shadows, and even changed forms. He couldn’t hide from me. Even in the shower! The shower or bath is the time when you speak to yourself. Or sing. But it’s a place where confessions are said. 

 

How did I hide in the bathroom? 

 

All I had to do is change my shape into a child and hide in the basket or wardrobe. The basket was the best option since it has small holes to look out. There were a couple of towels on me so even if he took two of them I was still well hidden. At first, he was just singing but then he began talking to himself. The time for confession and loud thinking came!

 

[ Dian ]

“I don’t think I can hide it any longer. Or it might be already clear to everyone? It’s not like I’m trying hard to hide it. After all, I can deny it while training.” 

 

It’s something that is visible while we’re training? Is he hiding his strength? Is that what Tae meant? Or he got new power from his god and doesn’t know if he can tell us about it? Say it, Dian! I need to know! He was whispering something. I tried to lean closer with my ear to hear it but I had put too much weight on fell with the basket. Dian squealed out of fear and put on the towel to cover himself. 

 

[ Dian ]

“A kid? What are you doing here? Why were you hiding in the basket?”

 

I remained silent looking around for some kind of escape route. If I’ll say anything he might see there is something wrong. 

 

[ Dian ]

“Wait… You were hiding in the bathroom because…” He figured it out! Oh now! “To peek at girls?! Oh, you little perv… I’m sorry but you need to leave and never do that again.” 

 

He took me out of the bathroom and closed the door. After that, I saw him walking by the bathroom many times. He wanted to be a hero and he became one in his mind. The protector of showering woman. 

 

I was watching him closely while training. Waiting for his tattoo to shine. Waiting for his new power to appear but nothing special happened. At least nothing I hoped for. I noticed one thing. While taking a break he was bringing towels and drinks for himself and Gelda. He never did that for me! 

 

He was actually smiling a lot and the way his eyes were directed around her. Is that what he was talking about? Does he like Gelda? Did Tae know that just from the story I told him? He must’ve been a detective on Earth. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Alright birdies. Time to resume training!” It was stronger than me. I had to tease them and it worked. Dian was very much blushing while Gelda looked away covering her mouth. 

 

Usually, I would train them till they get exhausted but not this time. I went easy on them and gave Dian a chance to flirt a bit more with Gelda. I’m happy to see them together but there is a bit of jealousy in that too. Maybe one day…

0