Chapter 2 Escapement
231 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I told you, you can't force this. Now see what you've done. She jumped into the ocean, crying out loud. If something were to happen to her, I'd never forgive you!" Lin Xuejiao screamed at him.

"She's being stupid and doesn't know what's best for her! Pei's family controls most of the city. Thank God we had an arrangement, otherwise, she didn't even stand a chance." Su Guoqiang was furious and yelled: "The old man promised to give Su Zibao half of his family's wealth if this wedding were to take place. Now she ruined everything and got nothing in the end.

"Anyway, I'll disown her and kick her out of the house if she dares to elope with that nobody who came out of nowhere and break her granddad's promise."

"How could you?! She's your daughter, your flesh and blood!" Lin Xuejiao screamed and hurled herself at Su Guoqiang. Su Jiaxin and the bastard Su Liya tried to break them up. They make quite a scene!

Su Zi woke up to their scream, shout and curse. She heard everything. She heard her mother defending her, her sister's support, her father's disappointment, and that bitch Su Liya's hypocrisy.

So her marriage was tied to family wealth. No wonder so many people did not want her to marry into the Pei family. The scumbag who deliberately approached her was probably also here for the dowry. From the experience of her previous life, she could see that the scumbag had no feelings for the former owner. He was lying through his teeth to have her eat out of his hand.

Since she has been given a second chance, Su Zi won't let herself fall into the hands of that scumbags again. She wants to marry into Pei Family with all her hurt. For the life of her, she wouldn't dream of eloping with that jerk.

Her top priority now is to save this precarious marriage.

Her own father had sworn that he would kick her out if she didn't listen to him. Sure, she's more than capable to support herself. But to get back at Xia Chengye who's on top of the food chain, she has to get her hands on that dowry.

If she can salvage this marriage, it automatically makes her the eldest daughter of the Su family and the wife of the third eldest master of the Pei Family. If her memory serves her right, the Xia family is more powerful than the Su family but not as powerful as the Pei family.

This is an excellent opportunity. Xia Chengye used her to get everything he wanted. When he deemed her useless, he got rid of her like a piece of shit, along with her parents so no one would be on to him.

He cares nothing but power and wealth and she was just a tool for him to achieve his goals. She will take those two things that he values most away from him, and when he has nothing, she'll then trample him to death. That's how she gets her revenge.

Yunting Entertainment, Xia Family, Xia Chengye, none of them will be spared.

The first step is not to let herself be kicked out, otherwise, it will be impossible to protect herself, let alone revenge. She needs the privilege that's enjoyed by the daughter of the Su family, the daughter-in-law of the Pei family, and the rich dowry following the marriage.

Su Zibao, you are dead. I'll live for you, from now on, I will be Su Zibao.

I will also take the responsibility that you should bear, just as a thank-you for giving me a second life.

Having figured out the most urgent task at hand, Su Zibao opened her eyes, glanced around the room, and said, "You all got the wrong idea. I didn't jump into the sea to run away. I just slipped while enjoying the scenery. I couldn't be more excited to be married into Pei Family. I never thought of breaking up the engagement. Of course, I wouldn't want you guys to worry about me."

Her words, calm and level as they are, cut the noise like a knife. All eyes were on her now.

"Baby, what did you just say? You really didn't commit suicide? But Su Liya said that you jumped into the sea to run away!" Lin Xuejiao looked at Su Zibao in surprise and took her in her arms, "Baby, don't be afraid, If you don't want to marry, I won't force you to do things that you don't like. Your dad doesn't care about you, but I do. I won't let my precious daughter live on the street. I keep a secret bank account. You can have it. Don't be afraid, I won't force you."

Su Zibao's eyes went all red in an instant, with Lin Xuejiao in her arms, her tears streaming down her cheek, "Mom!"

She didn't have much sense of identity with this body, but what Lin Xuejiao just said reminded her of her parents who died in a car accident.

Although she only grew up in an ordinary family in her previous life, her parents treasured her like a pearl and doted on her. But she didn't get time to pay them back and they were gone.

Xia Chengye, I swear, I'll stop at nothing to get you killed. And Lin Xuejiao, thank you, for being my family. This time, I will never let anyone hurt my loved ones.

2