Chapter 3 Pei Yi, Let’s Go Get Married!
184 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you crying, sweetie, don't cry. Just talk to me, please. Don't cry. You’re breaking my heart. Alright, I’m calling off the wedding, for real this time. " Lin Xuejiao announced determinedly.

Su Zibao sniffed, wiped her tears, and said in a firm tone, "Mom, I meant it. I didn’t commit suicide. It was an accident. I don't know who got the wind of me trying to run away and started this rumor. I’m the luckiest woman to marry Pei Yi, the third eldest boy of the Pei Family. Millions of women would be dying of jealousy. It would be awfully stupid of me to throw this rare opportunity into the wind.

All those around her were profoundly stunned. They can’t believe their ears. She’s the one who always scorns the idea that money matters most. Love, for her, triumphs over everything. Why this U-turn?

"Really?!" Lin Xuejiao still couldn't believe it.

"Of course!" Su Zibao nodded and looked around, widening her eyes as if she couldn’t believe her own eyes, "Mom, where is my husband? I had a terrible accident and he wasn’t worried about me?"

Lin Xuejiao hesitated and said at last, "We all thought that you’d rather die than marry Pei Yi. They were really pissed. So… But do you really mean that?"

"This is the most terrible misunderstanding! I’ve got to explain to him, now! I have to put things right. Today is my big day. Someone has gone out of their way to spread this rumor and blacken my name. It’s outrageous. I can’t possibly allow it!!" She sure looks furious, jumping out of the bed, and raising her voice, "Don't try to stop me. I need to put everything right this minute!"

"Honey, you just woke up. Alright... I’ll get you a car." Lin Xuejiao rarely says no to her baby daughter and indulges her every whim.

Su Zibao was gone. Lin Xuejiao pointed at Su Liya and said, "I won't bother with you today. We’ll see about that when she comes back. You’ve got some nerve starting this vicious slander."

"Auntie, I didn’t. I saw with my own eyes. She was trying to run away!" Su Liya looked wrongfully accused.

But this time, her dad wasn't on her side. Su Guoqiang sighed, "Liya, you need to watch your mouth."

In the KTV box at DarkNight, Pei Yi, with two pretty women on his sides, looked at Su Zibao who just barged in.

He is the third young master of the Pei family. His face has straight lines, carved with sharp knives, and the contours of his eyebrows and eyes are deep, making his facial features delicate yet rough. The sharp eyebrows are a bit unruly, and the long and narrow eyes are deep and sinister. This face alone is enough to make many rich ladies throw themselves at him. He wears an off-white suit with a burgundy tie, lined with a blue shirt, and holds an enchanting woman in each of his arms.

Young, rich, and uninhibited. That’s Pei Yi. In other words, he is a well-known playboy in Haicheng.

Having rummaged through her memory, that’s all she knows about him. When her eyes landed on this man, she couldn't help but be stunned. Pei Yi is definitely not the kind of man that people will easily forget.

"Well, well. I wonder who dared to kick open our door. It turned out to be our sea-jumping bride, Miss Su." Song Yingjie, who was also dressed as a playboy, forced a cold smile, "I’m afraid this is not the right place for you."

Su Zibao glanced around. The box was full of Pei Yi's so-called drink buddies. Well, they move in similar circles. So playboys hang out with playboys, and of course, with pretty ladies.

"I'm here to find Pei Yi. We need to get the marriage certificate. " Su Zibao looked at Pei Yi and announced in a firm voice.

"Pfft" Song Yingjie spit out a mouthful of red wine, "What did I just hear? You’d rather die than marry Pei Yi, remember? Do you have any idea how bad it looked for Pei Yi? And yet you invited yourself over and said the craziest stuff."

Su Zibao took a deep breath and walked up to Pei Yi with all the calmness she could muster, "We're getting married today. Let’s get our marriage certificate"

They would have gotten their marriage certificate a long time ago should former Su Zibao hadn’t refused every time it was brought up. Given that they’ve already sent out their wedding invitations, they couldn’t reschedule their wedding without causing a lot of trouble to their guests. That’s why they’re getting their marriage certificate on their wedding day.

In light of the recent developments, the attitude of the Pei family has become quite unclear.

"Third Master, She got water in her head, right? Why’s she talking nonsense?" Song Yingjie looked puzzled.

Su Zibao turned her eyes to him, giving him a proper smile, "Mr. Song, it’s a big misunderstanding. I lost hold and slipped. It was an accident. I was totally bewildered when I heard that rumor. What a load of crap! Right? Actually, I always admire Mr. Pei, and it’s my greatest honor to marry him. I’m dying to marry him as a matter of fact. It's not like I am stupid."

Song Yingjie was muttering to himself, “but you were stupid”.

After all, Su Zibao had just returned from abroad, and it was all but a rumor. Not many people knew what was truly going on except for the Su family.

"So it was not deliberate. It was an accident." Song Yingjie looked, still suspicious.

"Mr. Song should know that some people will do everything in their power to make us look like a fool. So I get why there’s a rumor like this." Su Zibao said calmly, looking at Pei Yi, his eyes bright, "Ten minutes, that’s all I ask. if I can't change your mind, I won’t bother you again..."

A hint of surprise flashed in Pei Yi's eyes. This Su Zibao was really far from the person he remembered.

Then sounded the low and magnetic voice, "All of you, get out."

1