Chapter 6 Ambush
148 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Zibao and Pei Yi sat side by side in a black van. She's now out of her patient uniform and dressed in something proper. The custom-made, Italian hand-sewn white wedding dress she wore this morning was soaked in seawater and ruined beyond any point of recovery. It's a full-day event. The groom kicks this ceremony off by picking the bride up at her parent's place, then they exchange rings during the wedding ceremony. It will continue into the night.

Given that Su Zibao came around this afternoon and everything that happened after that, they narrowly made it to the evening ceremony.

The car radio is on. And the latest news is her funeral.

"Seven days have passed since Miss. Su Zi's funeral. Today we'll honor her by looking back on her life. Miss. Su was born into an ordinary family. She got into a top music school in the city on her own merits. After graduation, she got a job in Yunting Entertainment. Later she excelled at her job and got promoted to manager. During her lifetime, she organized more than 100 online campaigns to protome TV series and movies. She's a real role model. Her death is a great blow to the show biz and a great loss for us. "

Song Yingjie, who was driving, couldn't help but sighed when he heard the news, "Empire made her a great offer, but she refused point blank, didn't even bother to ask how much they offer to poach her. Who'd have thought she'd wind up dead."

Su Zibao was shaking like a leaf, her teeth chattering. It brought her back to that day. The crashing truck, the soaring blaze, and the excruciating pain. She could almost hear him mocking her, enjoying her pain.

Dad, Mom, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry.

If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be dead. I'll make sure he pays.

Her shoulders trembled, and Pei Yi, sitting next to her, noticed something was wrong. He shot her question, "You know Su Zi?"

"I met her several times. That's all." Su Zibao took a deep breath to stop the tears and said, "Has anyone found out what happened to her?"

Song Yingjie said, "I've seen the police report. It has something to do with brake failure. It just so happened that a truck loaded with several barrels of gasoline heading her way. They burst into flames almost at once. Xia Chengye, the owner of Yunting Entertainment, tended to her funeral. And he seemed really upset when talking to that reporter. Su Zi is his college friend, and they've been working side by side for five years. The way I see it, there might be something going on between those two. A single man and a single woman, spending all that time together, you know?"

Su Zibao gritted his teeth. "Upset?! College friend?!" So that's how the rest of the world sees him... and her.

Xia Chengye, so killing me wasn't enough for you. You have to use my death and do a little show of yours.

You think you have nothing to fear, right? We'll see about that.

"Honk."

Song Yingjie parked the car along the coast, and a bunch of reporters jumped up and encircled them. They stuck their camera into their faces and blinded them.

"Mr. Pei. Su Zibao jumping into the ocean made a big headline today. Whoops, let me rephrase that. She accidentally slipped and fell into the ocean. A sea of those reporters. They must be waiting for you!" Song Yingjie pointed to the waves of people.

They tying the knots, meaning the two families tying the knots, is already big news in town. Su Zibao's little accident only spiced things up for them and gave them a bigger story.

Pei Yi's eyebrows creased a little and then ironed out. He was dressed in a pure white suit. He stepped out of the car from the left side, held the door open for Su Zibao, and helped her get out. Like a knighted royal from medieval times, he bowed a little and extended his left hand.

Su Zibao glanced at the dark figures outside, took a deep breath, worked out a proper smile, and gently placed her white-gloved hand on Pei Yi's palm.

He led her out of the car, a move that speaks volumes.

"Mr. Pei, I heard that your fiancee Su Zibao would rather jump into the sea than marry you. Is this true?"

"Miss Su, I heard that you were forced back. In fact, you're in love with someone else. You would rather commit suicide than marry Mr. Pei. You hate the idea of a make-out king being your husband?"

"Mr. Pei, you came here in the same car. Did you work out a deal or something so you decided to see this marriage through?"

"Miss Su, I heard that your boyfriend is rather poor. Does that mean you love him for he not for money?"

A throng of reporters blocked their way and they asked some very hard questions. Bodyguards are trying to clear a way, but they are greatly outnumbered.

Now Su Zibao is just glad that her predecessor hadn't had time to say the wrong thing in front of these reporters, otherwise, it would be too late to put things in the right light.

"Quiet please." Pei Yi glanced at everyone and said in a deep voice, "Listen carefully. I'll only say it once."

Then utter silence. You can literally hear a pin drop.

1