Chapter 7 You’re Making A Fool of Yourself
152 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There are several points I need to clarify. First, Su Zibao is my legally wedded wife, not my fiancée. We have already got our marriage certificate. Second, she didn’t jump but slipped and fell. She has a minor cut but nothing serious. So we’ll have the wedding as planned." His mouth curved into a polite smile, "Things are going really great. This rumor has to stop."

When he finished, he grabbed her hand tightly, and the warmth of his palm seeped through the glove. His firmness and warmth reminded her that she was not facing all this alone.

"Miss Su, you and Mr. Pei showed up at the same time, does it mean that you accept the marriage arranged by your family, give up the love of your life, and jump in with both feet? Are you under huge pressure for this change of heart or do you just simply succumb to temptation?" A female reporter pushed to the front and hurled insults at her.

If the former Su Zibao heard such a remark, she would certainly flip out. But now Su Zibao just cast a causal glance at the reporter, breaking her face into a diplomatic smile, and shrugged the insult aside, "It’s common sense that people get married because they want to not because of some pressure. I don’t think it’s fair to denounce someone simply because you can’t land a lad. You should be a better journalist than this. "

"Miss Su, did you just admit that you succumb to temptation?" The female reporter showed no sign of backing down.

Su Zibao gave her a contemptuous look, "I'm sorry, but I have more money than I can spend. So I'm sure what kind of temptation you kept referring to?"

It silenced the female reporter completely. Indeed, everyone knew that she has half of their family’s wealth as her dowry, which is more than what many people could possibly make in a lifetime.

A charming smile appeared on Pei Yi’s lips. He picked Su Zibao up and took her into his arms. Su Zibao grabbed his neck, balanced herself, and exclaimed in a low voice.

"Nice job." A low and magnetic voice sounded in her ear, with a little admiration.

He carried her through the reporters and media and walked all the way to the ship. Even Su Zibao didn't get this treatment when he picked her up from her parents' house this morning, but now she finally got what is long overdue.

Someone on the deck was watching them from a distance, and when Pei Yi put her down and led her over, everyone's eyes are on them.

Her white wedding dress was ruined beyond any point of recovery, but with her new dress on, Su Zibao looked even more stunning than she did in the morning. She’s wearing a tube top long evening white dress of a two-meter train. It’s the simplicity itself with no extravagance. It falls on the ground like a flower in full bloom, full of aura, low-key but luxurious. This wedding dress, someone might have already recognized, is the one dress hanging in the window on the seventeenth floor of the Haicheng Century Building.

Many have their eyes on it, and they are willing to pay a hefty price to get it. But all to no avail. And there it is…on her. Onlookers were again impressed by the amount of power Pei Yi’s family holds in the city. After all, this wedding dress has been scooped up for an emergency.

Su Zibao was wearing a bridal bun, and the bruises on her forehead were properly covered by bangs. She wore simple jewelry, but each of them is a rare treasure.

Pei Yi also changed into another white suit, which is a clear match for Su Zibao’s dress. The two walked hand in hand, a handsome man and a beautiful woman, perfect for each other.

"Third brother, what's going on? Why is she back again? Didn't she run away?" As soon as Su Zibao and Pei Yi appeared, a pretty girl in her early twenties edged her way toward them and glared at Su Zibao.

Pei Yi gave her a gentle tap on the forehead and grinned, "What nonsense? Your sister-in-law slipped and fell into the sea. As soon as she was discharged from the hospital, she hurried over here."

"But she tried to run away and brought all on herself!"

"Well." Pei Yi's eyes darkened and became cold in an instant. Pei Yingyu covered her mouth with haste, but her eyes staring at Su Zibao were even more malicious.

Su Zibao recognized her. Pei Yi's twin sister, Pei Yingyu. They’ve crossed paths before. In fact, there are just two types of debutantes in town, one elegant and likable, the other stupid and improper. The former Su Zibao is one of the latter.

Other onlookers keep their mouths shut when they saw his twin sister get a rebuff from Mr. Pei. Pei Yi led Su Zibao into the hall. And just like before, all eyes turned to them. They said hi to the aunts and uncle. Su Zibao doesn’t know the family that well, except Pei Yingyu and her peers, and neither does she know what went on behind her back. At least, they don’t make her look bad in public.

"Sweetie, are you feeling better? You need to be more careful in the future." Pei Yan smiled kindly. He is Pei Yi's grandfather, the one who arranged her marriage with her grandpa.

Su Zibao was flattered, and flashed him the sweetest smile, "I’m sorry to put you through this. I’ll be more careful in the future."

As soon as these words came out, the entire Pei family was stunned, let alone Pei Yan. This morning, you can see reluctance written all over her face. Why the U-turn?

"Alright, alright, she’s all yours now." Pei Yan looked satisfied enough.

Pei Yi, the world-renowned make-out king, played the part of a gentleman in front of his grandfather, "Of course, grandpa, don't worry. Zibao is my wife, and I will take good care of her in the future."

1