Chapter 8 What’s He Doing Here?
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pei Yan is a dignified old man, and he doesn't smile. Though he didn’t say much, he was trying to be nice to Su Zibao. Pei Yi's father, Pei Youtian, on the other hand, was kind of aloof. His mother, Bai Lanzhi is a typical grand lady and might be harder to crack than her own mother. She was not particularly hospitable, but she didn’t give Su Zibao a hard time either.

Pei Yi came from a family of soldiers who didn’t go into business until later. They make a practice of sending their eligible boys to the army. The eldest boy, Pei Changfeng, is now serving in a certain military battalion and has not had time to attend Pei Yi's wedding.

Pei Qisheng, the second eldest, was in his mid-twenties. He was very good-looking, just like all boys in the family, but more mature and acting more like an adult than his younger brother. He has the air of a successful business. Rumor has it that he’s in charge of the family business, and his wife is called Bai Lingxue, a name that resonates in Su Zibao's memory.

When it comes to Bai Lingxue, the first lady in Haicheng, people never forget to make an example of Su Zibao. So despite the fact that Bai Lingxue bestowed her politeness every time they are so unfortunate to meet face in face, Su Zibao couldn't help but resent her a little.

Moreover, her family name is Bai, and Xia Chengye's fiancee is also a Bai. There is no doubt that they are related, after all, there is only one big Bai family in town.

The Bai family, the Xia family, and the Pei family at this time, including Su Zibao's own family, the Su family, are the four richest families in town that had been handed down for generations. The difference is that the Pei family is way ahead of all three.

Having gone through all the greetings and formalities, Su Zibao took the time to glance across the hall when something caught her attention.

A man in a black suit was sitting on the sofa in a dark corner hidden from view. Sure he doesn’t turn heads as easily as Pei Yi does, but he’s certainly likable and a couple of ladies are already throwing themselves at him, prattling away. But his eyes wander off as if in search of someone.

He… is Su Zibao's ex-boyfriend, Han Li

No one in her family likes the idea of them being together, she, the heir of a big family, he, the poor boy from the sticks, her doting mom included. She even went as far as writing him a check. He could cash it right away as long as he promises that he won’t see her baby daughter again. He refused the offer point blank and tore it into pieces in her face.

This gesture convinced Su Zibao that he loved her with all his heart. He wanted her, not her family wealth. That’s why Su Zibao was so adamant about trying to run away. But the truth couldn’t be simpler. With all the planning and calculating, her mom’s check wasn’t fat enough.

Under coercion, the former Su Zibao had been made to break up with him. The current Su Zibao, who knows what he’s truly after, wants nothing to do with him.

Su Zibao had a narrow escape from death after her little “accident”. He wasn’t there when her life was hanging by a thread but attending a wedding ceremony. He’s like an open book to Su Zibao now.

"Pei Yi, I have something to deal with first." Su Zibao quietly retracted her gaze and said.

Pei Yi glanced at his wristwatch, reminding Su Zibao, "The wedding ceremony will begin in 30 min. You need to hurry."

"Got it."

She likes spending time with Pei Yi despite his notoriety for being a sort of ladies' man. He can be extremely considerate and sweet when he chooses. No wonder all those butterflies hurl themselves at him

Su Zibao let go of his hand and glanced around. There were too many people around, so she couldn't go to Han Li directly, or she would definitely become the focus of attention.

"Jiaxin, I need a word with Han Li. Can you tell him that I’ll meet him in the room down the hall? " Su Zibao walked up to his sister and said in a low voice, "Be careful. This is just between us. I don’t want others to know."

Su Jiaxin was shocked. She quickly covered her mouth and whispered, "Sis, you’re not eloping with him, are you?"

"In case you forget, I’m married, to Pei Yi. Could you please think before you talk? My wedding is about to take place. I’m afraid that he’s up to no good. This venue is very exclusive. No one without an invitation will be allowed in. A nobody like him can’t get an invitation on his own. So someone brought him over to make trouble. " Su Zibao gritted her teeth when she said the last sentence.

Someone has gone all out to ruin her wedding. They tried it this morning, but unfortunately, it fell through. They’re at it again.

"Are you saying that someone is trying to sabotage your wedding?" Su Jiaxin exclaimed in a low voice, and nodded quickly, "Okay, I know what to do. But have you thought this through? I’m not a big fan of your ex-boyfriend. But Pei Yi? Seriously? With his reputation, you might regret it in days to come. "

Su Zibao gave her a gentle push, "Just get it done. I’ll explain it to you later."

"Okay, alright. You go first and I'll take him down quietly." Su Jiaxin waved her small fist and walked towards Han Li.

Judging from the memory of her predecessor, Su Jiaxin and Su Zibao are quite close. They are a lot alike, spoiled, self-centered, and idiotic, but not evil. That’s why they are played like a fiddle.

Now she’s her big sister. She’ll take care of her.

2