Chapter 10 Five Million to Keep His Mouth Shut
125 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Liya made it known to Han Li that Su Zibao could take half of the family assets with her when she marries. She has no way of knowing the exact figure, but it has to be hundreds of millions.

To keep her on the right foot, he suffered in silence. But now that Su Zibao is married, all his suffering has been in vain. He can’t allow this. He might as well get what he could along the way.

“You must be out of your mind. You never paid for a single meal when you went out. My Sis is always the one who footed the bills. I mean, look at your outfit. You can’t possibly afford that. And now you broke up, you can just brush it aside and stand here brazenly asking for 5 million in compensation. The nerves of some people. What compensation? It should be the other way around. When you turned down my mom’s offer, I thought though you didn’t have a penny to your name, at least you have integrity. Now I see the truth. You simply want more. Asshole!” A torrent of curses erupts from Su Jiaxin.

He leaped to his defense, and blurted out with a vengeance, “None of you knows what I’ve been through. You are born with a silver spoon in your mouth and grow up in paradise. I grew up without a roof over my head and was almost starved to death. Enough said. That’s my condition. You can keep having your little wedding once I have my hands on that money. Otherwise, no bride, no wedding.”

“You’re shameless! You know that?” Su Zibao wanted to hurl more insults, but Su Zibao stopped her and shook her head.

Nothing is fair in this world. Su Zi was born into a normal family, but she strived to stand on top of the world without help. An able-bodied man doesn’t work for what he wants. Yet he has the nerve to complain about the injustice of the world, in the meantime, he took advantage of a vulnerable girl.

Now Han Li is pushed to the edge. They certainly don’t want to push him too hard in case he drags them down with him.

“Fine. You can have it. Why don’t you let us go first? I’ll write you a check.” Su Zibaoe reasoned with him. “Listen, we don’t have that kind of money. But my mom has and she will give you whatever you want.”

She wasn’t lying. Her mom is in charge of their expenses. But she never says no to their requests and indulges in their every whim.

"No, what if you go back on your words when I let you out?" Han Li doubted.

Su Zibao nodded as if she agreed, “Keep me hostage and let my sis out. How does it sound?”

"Sister" Su Jiaxin tugged at her sleeve and whispered, "The wedding is about to start. You can’t be late. You should go instead. I’ll wait here.”

Her sister put her interest above herself in an emergency. Su Zibao felt a warm feeling in her heart. She was the only child in her previous life, but now, she has a younger sister.

In this life, she will stop at nothing to protect her sister and her loved ones.

"No, I can't leave you here alone with him.” Su Zibao refused point blank. She regretted coming over here without calling backup. She knew his gentlemanliness is just a fake facade. He could easily tear it down and become the monster that he keeps at arm's length.

Han Li weighed the pros and cons and conceded, “Fine, Su Jiaxin can go out and get the check. But I'll give you ten min. If you can't get the check in ten minutes, or you tell someone else, I’ll...."

Han Li glanced around, grabbed the knife on the dining table next to him, and threatened, "I'll scratch her face."

"Jiaxin, hurry up.” Su Zibao cried out. He’s insane.

When her eyes landed on that glittering knife, she felt a shiver run down her spine. She glanced at her sister, swept past the door, and lunged ahead. In fact, she didn't know what to do. She could either write him a check behind her mom’s back or tell her mom everything and let her deal with this. But what if he pissed off and hurt her sis?

Su Jiaxin was tossing those thoughts around and suddenly realized, it was 5 million that he was asking, not tens of thousands. If she doesn’t tell Mom what this is for, no way she’s just gonna hand it over. Yeah, my sis wanted me to tell Mom.

Su Zibao and Han Li stood face to face, her back straight and tense after Su Jiaxin left. It’s a room just like every other room, with a window looking out to sea, a set of sofas, and a dinner table in the center, where one can enjoy a cup of wine while appreciating the scenery.

It was tense. Su Zibao sat vigilantly in the corner of the sofa, distanced herself from Han Li, blaming herself for what happened.

Never make this mistake again.

Han Li was keeping an eye on her so she didn’t dare to slip out. But then his eyes started to change. Su Zibao is quite good-looking, and that’s why others referred to her as a beautiful vase. It isn’t much of a compliment, but it’s a testament to her beauty.

Besides, she put some effort into her appearance today. Now she’s dazzling.

Han Li could feel his heart racing and suddenly realized that he had been a complete fool. He had dated her for over a year, yet he hadn’t gotten to second base.

If he is the first man that she slept with, and if she is pregnant with his child, will Pei Yi still marry her?

Married people always get divorced. That could be her as long as he gets a shot with her.

His eyes glittered with lust. 

1