Chapter 11 I like to be bothered
131 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Zibao also felt that something was off with Han Li. A worry began to niggle and the next moment, Han Li jumped at her.

With both hands pressed, Su Zibao couldn't move, "Han Li, what are you doing, are you crazy?"

"If I were the father of your kid, you have to marry me. Don’t even think about marrying Pei Yi.” An obscene leer spread across his face. He leaned forward, pressing his face against hers.

“Are you crazy? Wake up and open your eyes. It’s the twenty-first century. I’ll get an abortion. I’ll never have your baby, not in a million years.” Su Zibao derided.

"I don't care" Han Li was mad as a hatter, possessed by greed.

Even if Su Zibao was reborn, she was still a woman, the weaker sex. He could put her down in no time. Fortunately, the wedding dress that was worth a fortune was very sturdy. It would take him some time to rip it apart.

When he reached out for the knife on the dinner table, Su Zibao kicked him in the crotch. He stooped and writhed in pain.

And Su Zibao made a run for the door.

Before she could make it, Su Zibao fell to the ground with a thud. Han Li plucked at the hem of her wedding dress and arrested her move.

"You dirty b*tch!” Han Li was dripping with cold sweat because of the pain in his crotch. He sat on Su Zibao, raised his palm high in the air, and was ready to punch her.

Before his palm fell, the door clattered open, and Pei Yi in a white suit appeared at the door.

"Pei Yi, help!" Su Zibao cried out. She thought her mom would come to her rescue. But...Pei Yi showed up instead.

He was wearing a well-cut white suit, with a sneer on his handsome and fair face. He glanced at Han Li, his eyes cold with ruthlessness.

Han Li was taken aback, and stumbled, “It was her. She seduced me.”

You son of a b*tch. Always ready to drag one down with you.

“Is that so?” Pei Yi waltzed in and swung the door shut. He walked up to Su Zibao and kicked Han Li to the side.

Su Zibao struggled to get back on her feet, trying to explain. Words tumbled out, “It was nothing like that...” Then she saw a punch land on Han Li’s face and heard Pei Yi grit his teeth, “How dare you? You scumbag!"

“She came on to me!!" Han Li, a softie, blamed everything on Su Zibao. It seemed that Pei Yi was just passing by and should not know the whole story.

Pei Yi lifted him up by his collar, his handsome face raging, and jerked his knee against his lower abdomen, "Really, say it again?"

Han Li’s upper body was throbbing with pain. He had trouble making his voice heard, "She seduced me..."

Pei Yi doubled his efforts and kept kicking and pounding. Han Li, on the other hand, was in too much pain, or rather was too scared to mount any sort of counterattack. Or Pei Yi was too experienced to allow any fightback.

Han Li was covered in blood, bruises, and cuts all over his face.

Pei Yi’s smile never faded away. He repeated his question, “Say it again?”

“It was her...”

Before Han Li could finish speaking, Pei Yi stepped on his finger. Next to him, Su Zibao heard his bone crack. God knows how did he break someone’s bone with sheer force.

“Stop, stop! It’s me!” Han Li shouted in pain and finally learned his lesson.

Only then did Pei Yi kick him away, without even a side glance. He turned to Su Zibao, whose brain was still reeling.

“Thanks.” Su Zibao meant it. If it were not for Pei Yi, God knows what will befall her.

Pei Yi's sharp eyebrows raised slightly, "You are my wife. Someone else will take care of him. No need to get your hand dirty.”

He comforted her with an appealing voice, with a hint of accusation.

“I don’t want to bother you.” Su Zibao lowered her head and replied somewhat timidly. Pei Yi saved her life. She owed him a big deal.

Pei Yi stretched out his index finger and flicked it between Su Zibao's brows. Su Zibao exclaimed as if in pain only to see Pei Yi’s face break into a beaming smile, “Don’t sweat it. I like to be bothered.”

Su Zibao rubbed her forehead and didn’t want to retort for the first time, “Alright. Don't forget what you said.”

Pei Yi tutted softly and headed towards the door with his hand on Su Zibao's waist. Su Zibao cast a glance back at Han Li, who was lying lifeless on the ground, and said, “what about him?"

Pei Yi didn’t bother to look back, “someone will take care of it.”

Since Pei Yi took things into his hands, Su Zibao had nothing to worry about. 

They stumbled into Su Jiaxin who was waiting at the door and worried sick. She sighed with relief when she saw her big sis emerge unscathed from the room. 

"Thank God you’re safe. I was going to find Mom and bumped into Mr. Pei, he told me he had the money, so he came over to your rescue.”

Su Jiaxin hadn’t recovered from the shock. 

Han Li tore down his gentle facade and went all monster on them. It was terrifying.

Su Zibao couldn't help but smile, that’s why he showed up instead. 

But the money didn’t go to Han Li. He’s not getting it.

That jerk deserved nothing but a second beating.

As she said that, Su Jiaxin stretched her neck and glanced inside. Then her eyes landed on Han Li, who was all bruises and cuts, she clasped her hand to her mouth to stop a cry, “What happened to him?”

“He did it.” Su Zibao pointed to Pei Yi who was surprisingly calm.

Su Jiaxin gave him a round of applause, “Bravo. Brother-in-law!!"

She called him Mr. Pei just seconds again. Now that she saw what happened to Han Li, she felt this sense of intimacy with Pei because he beat up the man who tried to hurt her sis. 

1