Chapter 14 Where Is My Dowry?
117 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Pei Yi left, Su Zibao took off her makeup and took a shower. Lying on the empty king-sized bed, her memories came flooding back.

She was just a run-of-the-mill college student, but when she met Xia Chengye in college, everything changed. Like all Prince Charming and Cinderella love stories, Xia Chengye satisfied all Su Zi's fantasies about love.

she forced herself to study, work hard, and climb the career ladder like crazy so she was good enough for him, so she wouldn’t embarrass him. She outran all her male colleagues and landed the higher ranks. She snaked her way into the circle of her social superiors to be with him.

He said that his family won’t have an entertainer as their daughter-in-law, so she didn't even use her own name to write lyrics and music. The famous mysterious songwriter, Yezi, who wrote songs for all those big names in Yunting Entertainment is actually her. Ye is from the love of her life, Xia Chengye, zi, from her name Su Zi. Ironic, isn’t it?

He said that the right to inherit the family business was fiercely fought over by his brothers. His brothers were in a much more favorable position than he was, with Yunting Entertainment the least promising company. If he actually makes it work in Yunting Entertainment and beat others to the punch, he might stand to become the heir and marry her. Before that, he couldn’t have known that his girlfriend is a nobody, which would undermine his standing in the family. So she had to be the great woman behind him. She didn’t even let her parents in on this.

She put everything into his company. She worked day and night to come up with a proposal. She followed Shen Xi, the popular writer, everywhere for an entire year to plead with her. In the end, Shen Xi had to give in and sell her copyright. That’s how she produced two big hits TV Series and four blockbuster movies.

Yunting Entertainment has transformed from a small company to a big power in the entertainment industry, like a miracle. Who’d have known all of its achievement was because of a woman, who had given it her all?

And it was all due to love.

Many headhunters offered her big bucks trying to poach her. She never wavered. Tons of men asked her out. She never batted an eye. She could see no one but him.

He, the murderer who killed her entire family.

Now as long as she closes her eyes, Su Zibao can see the fire and three charred bodies flashing across the screen in the news feed.

Hatred blazed in her eyes. She couldn’t sleep.

Su Zibao got up from the bed, turned on the lamp by the bedside, changed into a long black dress, and went out to hail a taxi. She was heading for Haicheng Cemetery.

After staying in the cemetery all night, reliving her personal hell, Su Zibao returned to the villa at dawn. At this time, Pei Yi hadn't returned, but she was not sleepy at all. She freshened up a bit and popped over to her parent's place.

In the beginning, she had agreed to marry Pei Yi and got her share of the property. She needed this money as her seed money, otherwise, how could she trample Xia Chengye to the ground?

Xia Chengye used her and sacrificed her entire family to get the inheritance right. Now, she will take everything away from him.

Let him lose all this, and then watch him die, so that the hatred in her heart can be relieved.

"Ma’am, I can give you a ride." The driver Pei Xiaochuan said immediately.

Su Zibao smiled politely, "Thank you, go to Su's house."

"Roger that." Pei Xiaochuan nodded and sat behind the driver’s seat. He thought to himself, she’s not rude and arrogant. She seems easy enough to get along with, and she’s not scary at all.

As soon as they arrived, they walked into the entire family having breakfast. Su Jianguo, her mom Lin Xuejiao, and her sister Su Jiaxin were all there, except Su Liya and Su Zhenzhe.

"Baby, why did you come back so early in the morning? Why didn't Mr. Pei come with you?" Lin Xuejiao smiled when she saw Su Zibao, and grinned, "Hui, get her table set."

Su Zibao sat down next to Lin Xuejiao and smirked, "Pei Yi can’t make it today. I need to talk to dad. So I just come along.”

"Why? Do you want to buy something? Clothes, shoes, or bags, I will buy them for you." Lin Xuejiao jumped at her words, and glared at Su Jianguo, "No need talking to you dad. You know he only cares about those two bastards. But never mind him. I care about you. Just tell me what you want. "

Su Zibao choked on her last word, it turned out that she was the black sheep of the family.

"No, it’s nothing like that. I am serious here." Su Zibao didn’t know how to respond to that.

Su Jianguo snorted coldly, "Serious? You? So what did you do? You got yourself into another hole?"

As soon as these words came out, Lin Xuejiao looked at Su Zibao nervously. In the past, Su Zibao was a troublemaker, and every time she pretended to be good, it means two things.

First, she wants stuff. Second, she needs someone to clean up her mess.

"No, I'm just here to ask Dad. Grandpa said in his will that if I marry Pei Yi, he promised half of the property as my dowry. So? When can I get it?" Su Zibao asked throwing her hands in the air. She wanted to know all along, but she didn’t think her wedding was the right time to pose this question. In fact, she didn't even know how much her dowry was. And where the dowry is, she hasn't seen it yet.

As soon as she heard it, Lin Xuejiao breathed a sigh of relief and giggled, "Oh, that. Well, Good for you. Now that you’re married, you know you should think for yourself. I told you before, but you didn’t want to hear it. Don't worry. Your dad can pick his favorites all he wants, he has to respect your grandad’s wishes. "

Su Zibao listened to her mother with an innocent face.

1