Chapter 16 You Don’t Know Your Husband At All
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Dad, I can well understand we want to make an investment together with Pei, why make Pei Qisheng in charge instead of Pei Yi?" Pei Qisheng is Pei Yi's second biggest brother, the successful businessman she met on her wedding day.

Lin Xuejiao said with a puzzled face, "Baby, but it’s settled a long time ago. Yucheng Real Estate and Shengshi Jewelry will be managed by Pei Qisheng, and Pei Yi handles Emperor Media. Sure, we go in this together with Yucheng Real Estate, and I know it’s your money. Still, Pei Yi’s got to stay out of it."

Oh, now she sees. And she found out she’s made a fool of herself. At last, she gets it all straightened out, and figures out who’s in charge of what.

How could she forget? It’s the same with Xia. Their family business spans much of all walks of life, and they put different people to deal with specific areas of their monstrous business, where they stay away from others’ responsibility.

Wait a sec. Emperor Media had poached Su Zi before, but Su Zi didn't give a damn. Emperor Media is nothing in show biz. They can boast of no one but a pop star, Luo Bingwan.

Emperor Media couldn’t hold a candle to Yunting Entertainment. However, if she, Su Zi, can build a business empire like Yunting Entertainment, she can certainly repeat her own success.

All she needs is funds and time.

"Dad, then why do you want to cooperate with Yucheng Real Estate? Invest in Emperor Media, that's my husband's company," Su Zibao jumped at it.

Lin Xuejiao burst out laughing, "Look at her. She’s been married for just a couple of days and she already knows to speak up for her husband."

"Sis, why don't you understand? Yucheng Real Estate is a well-known real estate group in our country. That’s how we make money, by collaborating with them. Emperor Media is just Pei Yi’s toy. I mean, why waste our money?" Su Jiaxin said as a matter of fact.

Su Zibao struggled to sort it out, only to find that it was still a mess. Although she gleaned from Su Zibao's memory, there wasn’t much useful information. After all, Su Zibao has been back for a few months, and she kept herself busy with Han Li and luxury items, she doesn't know much else.

But she has to figure this out, otherwise, she can’t get others on board.

"When will this kick off?" Su Zibao asked.

Lin Xuejiao thought about it carefully and said, "we shall discuss the offer with Yucheng Real Estate in the next two months. After all, it's a huge investment, they need to get everything ready. Baby, don't worry, I’ll take care of it."

Su Zibao murmured to herself, two months, forget it. She needs to get a good handle on Pei’s business, especially Pei Yi's, and then talk to Dad about investment.

On the ride back did Su Zibao finally understand the big picture.

The Pei’s business is much grander than the Xia’s, involving real estate, catering, jewelry, clothing, and entertainment. Two brands in their family business get to the top 5.

One is Yucheng Real Estate Group and the other is Shengshi Jewelry. In addition, there are some industries that can only be regarded as small and medium-sized.

Emperor Media is one of the latter. The lion’s share is handed over to Pei Qisheng, and Pei Yi gets what’s expendable.

Two sons, get different treatments. Somehow, she gets it. The eldest son serves in the army, and he never gets involved in their family business. And Pei Yi acts as if he doesn’t have a care in the world. In some way, they get what they deserve.

She would probably do the same. She’s done her homework and did some research, After he took over Emperor Media, he could hardly make ends meet, and their only famous artist was Luo Bingwan. In other ways, Luo Bingwan is the only cash cow here.

If it were not for Luo Bingwan, Emperor Media would be nothing. They would be squeezed out a long time ago.

Su Zibao went through the files and shook her head. Pei Yi didn't take Emperor Media seriously at all. By the look of it, the Pei family would definitely not hand over Yucheng Real Estate or Shengshi Jewelry to him.

But if Pei Yi didn’t bag those, there’s no way that she could convince her dad to invest her 200 million in Emperor Media.

Su Zibao thought about it carefully and decided to start with Emperor Media. Xia Chengye manages an entertainment company, if she wants to bring down his company, she has to approach it in the same manner.

If things improve in Emperor Media, which proves its potential, Dad might come around.

Who’d have thought Pei Yi was actually the CEO of Emperor Media? No wonder Song Yingjie brought it up several times before, but she didn't take notice back then. Now it all falls into place, including the newspapers strewn around in the car.

She walked in on them talking things over. When Song Yingjie, who’s been chattering away, caught sight of her, he shut right up. Still, Su Zibao managed to hear something about Luo Bingwan.

Su Zibao looked at Pei Yi with bright eyes. Song Yingjie thought that good-for-nothing, spoiled Miss Su was going to lash out at Pei Yi for staying out all night. He was thinking of something to ease the tension, then he saw Su Zibao grab Pei Yi's hands, her eyes shining, "You are the CEO of Emperor Media?!"

"Puff!" Song Yingjie, who forced back what was already on his lips, coughed and spluttered, "You don’t know what your husband does for a living."

Su Zibao was ashamed, indeed, as Pei Yi's wife, she knows next to nothing about her own husband, and she just found out that he was the CEO of Emperor Media from her mom.

But it’s neither here nor there. The point is that she can do what she is best at and fight it out with Xia Chengye.

"I want to join your company." Su Zibao stared at Pei Yi, spelling every word out.

1