Chapter 17 Well, You like What You Saw?
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pei Yi was stunned for a moment, then burst out laughing, "The daughter-in-law of the Pei family can't be a star, I mean it. Don’t start."

"I don't want to be a star, I want to be a director." Su Zibao went straight to the point.

Song Yingjie exclaimed, "No way, Miss Su, you know what being a director entails?"

"To be exact, I want to be the director of the planning department, supervising all company campaigns and the entire annual plan, coordinating the work of various departments, and be directly responsible to the CEO." Su Zibao said with a hint of professionalism. Song Yingjie was stunned. He turned to Pei Yi, wondering what Su Zibao is up to.

Pei Yi maintained his cavalier look, yawned, and said, "Well, I see you’ve done your homework. Good job. Don’t forget to get back to school when this marriage leave is over. You won’t fail classes this semester. Good for you."

"My student status has been transferred back to Haicheng University. According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education, it is summer vacation, not marriage leave. I don't need to go to school and this is not my homework," Su Zibao hurried to her defense.

Pei Yi nodded, "Summer vacation. Sound great. So, which do you prefer, Venice or Provence?"

"Now lavender is in full bloom in Provence, and the windmill farm should be very beautiful. But I prefer a medieval water castle in this scorching summer." Su Zibao replied.

Pei Yi snapped his fingers and said to Song Yingjie, "Book two tickets to Venice."

"Ok, no problem."

Taken back by surprise, it takes her a while to get her head wrapped around the idea. Words tumbled out, "Mr. Pei, what are you talking about?"

"Summer vacation. Take my new bride for a honeymoon." Pei Yi reached out his hand and rustled Su Zibao's hair.

But it’s way off-topic. What honeymoon? She doesn’t care about the honeymoon. She wants a place in Emperor Media.

"Wait, I'm talking about joining Emperor Media. Can we talk about this in private?" Su Zibao wrung the topic back, grabbed Pei Yi's wrist, and dragged him into the room. There are certain things that are not for the ears of Song Yingjie.

Pei Yi let her drag him, and stood on his feet, not forgetting to tease her, "What are you up to? In the middle of the day? Seriously? I can’t believe you."

Song Yingjie stared at the backs of the two and couldn't help laughing to himself.

The door slammed shut, and Pei Yi stood with his back against the door. Su Zibao stared at him with a burning desire, as if something was brewing.

Pei Yi licked his lips lightly, his voice magnetic, "What? Do you like what you saw last night? Is that why you are this horny?"

"Bah." Su Zibao blushed, he interrupted her train of thought, and the momentum she managed to build up to this moment vanished into thin air. She tumbled out, "Do you know? My dowry, the 100 million worth of real estate and deposits, and 25% of the shares of the Su Group? We can’t get our hands on them yet? All we have now is some pocket money."

Pei Yi nodded, "I know."

"Then do you know that the investment worth 200 million a deal between Su Group and Yucheng Real Estate? We can't intervene. Although 70% of the revenue is high, it’s just money in a bank account, which means that before the age of 30, we can't use it."

Pei Yi continued to nod, "I know."

"Pei Yi, it's impossible for Grandpa to hand Yucheng Real Estate over to you. So, they got all the investment? It’s a bullshit deal. It’s our money. It should be invested in Emperor Media. That’s only fair! " Su Zibao was filled with righteous indignation.

As long as Pei Yi is interested in the investment, she can leverage it to get into Emperor Media. It all comes together.

To her dismay, Pei Yi didn’t seem to give a f*ck, he steered clear of the trap she set for him, "So, just let them do all the hard work and we sit on our hands and collect money. It’s a bargain. You have nothing to worry about. I’ll make sure you have everything you want."

"Mr. Pei, Pei Qisheng has his hands on two top brands in your family. Yucheng Real Estate and Shengshi Jewelry. I mean, you’re just like him. Don’t you want to prove yourself?" Su Zibao said tetchily, at her wit's end.

Pei Yi's beautiful eyes batted, "Not really."

1